Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

User avatar
this_is_gav
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by this_is_gav » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:19 pm

Laughinggravy wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:19 pm
It would have been nice to hear something from Giants about this instead of it coming from young Joe over on Silver news but 10/10 to him for bringing this to us.
They're hardly going to publish a news post saying that there's no news. When they've got a time frame they'll share it, just like they have with every other game.

Noraf
Posts: 708
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by Noraf » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:25 am

Or see the press release a few posts up?
:hi:
Stop in and check out the FS community traiding forum
For all your dynamic sales and roleplaying needs @ FS Comunity Trader
:gamer:

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...

norfolk farmer
Posts: 938
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by norfolk farmer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:15 am

I've seen someone post on here a quote from somebody at Giants off Discord, yet unless I have missed it they have not commented on here their official forum.

squerble
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:54 pm
Location: UK

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by squerble » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 am

Good God, there are people running away with this news, aren't there? That Joe at SilverNews needs to actually learn to read properly - who on earth said there won't be a FS21?? Giants certainly didn't confirm it, the only thing confirmed was that it wouldn't release in 2020. *thumbsdown*

The Focus published results also say it won't be in FY2020-21 which, as already pointed out, ends 31st March 2021. This means it could be released in April, still as FS21. Jesus wept.

/rant.

User avatar
Bart80
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by Bart80 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:47 am

They gonna use the Havoc physics engine from Spintires on the Farm Simulator engine for testing a year

Laughinggravy
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by Laughinggravy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:48 am

Just think it would have been nice if Chris the Community Coordinator would have said something on here instead of it being found by someone in a Focus Home Interactive press release document. Seeing as a new version of farming simulator has in the past been released just before Christmas every two years i'd say a lot of people was expecting the same this year so in my opinion they do have some news to post. As you say when they have a time frame they will share that information and i'm sure it will be on here and it won't have to be found by someone in a focus press release document.

User avatar
iwan073
Posts: 1639
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by iwan073 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:00 pm

squerble wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 am
Good God, there are people running away with this news, aren't there? That Joe at SilverNews needs to actually learn to read properly - who on earth said there won't be a FS21?? Giants certainly didn't confirm it, the only thing confirmed was that it wouldn't release in 2020. *thumbsdown*

The Focus published results also say it won't be in FY2020-21 which, as already pointed out, ends 31st March 2021. This means it could be released in April, still as FS21. Jesus wept.

/rant.
+1
Farming Simulator 15, 17 & 19 on the PlayStation 4 Pro

User avatar
Mobias
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by Mobias » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:02 pm

I think this is good news as I always thought it a bit of a shame that a new FS comes along just the current version really gets into its stride. Though I suppose its quite disappointing from the point of view of those who really don't like FS19 and were wanting a much more refined version sooner rather than later.

Its pretty clear that with the new consoles coming out later this year FS21 will probably be more than just more refined version of FS19 anyway. So maybe Giants will break with tradition in that respect and it'll actually have a whole load of new features.

User avatar
this_is_gav
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by this_is_gav » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:03 pm

Laughinggravy wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:48 am
Just think it would have been nice if Chris the Community Coordinator would have said something on here instead of it being found by someone in a Focus Home Interactive press release document. Seeing as a new version of farming simulator has in the past been released just before Christmas every two years i'd say a lot of people was expecting the same this year so in my opinion they do have some news to post. As you say when they have a time frame they will share that information and i'm sure it will be on here and it won't have to be found by someone in a focus press release document.
To be fair they probably were intending to say it at some point. They did release a press release, so probably it prepared ready. Perhaps the speculation just meant they decided to bring forward the news, or maybe it was always planned for this week.

JohnDeere77
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by JohnDeere77 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:50 pm

Great news! Prolonged life of FS19 is a good thing!
But there is always a chance of this raising the expectations for the next game to a level where Giants are unable to deliver. So lets just enjoy FS19 as long as possible
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding

User avatar
Arrancar88
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by Arrancar88 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:54 pm

https://twitter.com/farmingsim/status/1 ... 5321681922

Yop interesting news indeed. With release of Claas DLC I am fully satisfied machinery wise. I am more interested in new crops like Rye or Alfalfa.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:

User avatar
iwan073
Posts: 1639
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by iwan073 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:10 pm

Arrancar88 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:54 pm
I am more interested in new crops like Rye or Alfalfa.
As long as new crops don’t demand new machinery; it doesn’t add anything.

Carrots and such would be nice. Since that does require its own specialized machinery
Farming Simulator 15, 17 & 19 on the PlayStation 4 Pro

norfolk farmer
Posts: 938
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by norfolk farmer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:26 pm

iwan073 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:10 pm
Arrancar88 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:54 pm
I am more interested in new crops like Rye or Alfalfa.
As long as new crops don’t demand new machinery; it doesn’t add anything.

Carrots and such would be nice. Since that does require its own specialized machinery
I'd also like to see expansion on crops already in the game, potatoes for example there is more prep wok before planting than the came covers. If that is not achievable a bit more variety on the planters and harvesters we have would be welcome.

Laughinggravy
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by Laughinggravy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:28 pm

this_is_gav wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:03 pm
Laughinggravy wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:48 am
Just think it would have been nice if Chris the Community Coordinator would have said something on here instead of it being found by someone in a Focus Home Interactive press release document. Seeing as a new version of farming simulator has in the past been released just before Christmas every two years i'd say a lot of people was expecting the same this year so in my opinion they do have some news to post. As you say when they have a time frame they will share that information and i'm sure it will be on here and it won't have to be found by someone in a focus press release document.
To be fair they probably were intending to say it at some point. They did release a press release, so probably it prepared ready. Perhaps the speculation just meant they decided to bring forward the news, or maybe it was always planned for this week.
Yea who knows just think speculation on here often leads to toxic arguments so it would be better if Chris had made some sort of announcement before people find a reason to start kicking off about it.

Pict
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by Pict » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:29 pm

I'm happy about this news, as I have little interest in upgrading my PC for now and that would be an almost certain requirement for the next FS release.

Other than that it makes logical sense as while the decision to hold back and see what the new console hardware has to offer, I really don't think that Giants would land on their feet the same way they did should they try to repeat the buggy and content hollow launch of FS19.

Sure they made lots of money during the FS19 release, but much of that was down to the success of FS17 and the big green machine brand release. FS21 or whatever it will be called has none of that to rely on should it be shoved out onto the stage prematurely.

So all in all it's great news for me. FS19 is really starting to find it's feet now with essential mods like the Seasons mod having had the time to come out and become stable and that's a key word for any game, one that didn't apply to FS19 at the time of release and therefore would be unlikely to apply to any future release that followed the same path.

Any speculation on what the DLC's will be? Could we now see the FSI Modding potato DLC? That'd be cool :hi:

Post Reply