Good Move By Giants-this is an opinion + Poll

Thoughts on Giants Delaying Next Production of Farm Sim 1 or 2 years?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:31 pm

Good Move
83%
Bad Move
5%
Didn't Care
12%

Total votes: 184

iLLBill606

Re: Good Move By Giants-this is an opinion + Poll

Post by iLLBill606 »

Alagos wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 pm Ït isn't, the main console community won't switch over on day 1 =)
Agreed, cause usually the game isn't fully developed and buggy. Why wait months a for a terrain mod, updates/patches, mods, and a year for seasons then within the next year right when things are getting good, the new game comes out and you repeat the same thing? Im big on Fs, but this is a great Marketing move
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:05 pm
texasplowboy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:10 pm Giants should have a next gen developers kit, that is if the new consoles do come out in 2020. So waiting for next gen is irrelevant.
Not at all actually. Yes they have a Dev kit, but just got it not long ago. Takes alot of work to get the game ready for the new console. Let's just hope this is why and they aren't gonna stop making it all together
I doubt they will stop. they are stronger then ever. Only thing is maybe trying to get brands on board for licensing or something internal.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Has xbox x released any spec details with the release date?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Hopefully Giants follows this news up with an announcement of a robust new expansion broadening the scope of game-play, physics and crop types. Delaying their games from a bi-yearly schedule doesn't mean they have to stretch out the revenue they receive, as long as there's quality additions to bring to market.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

This news is the best news that could have happened. Good on them to take steps that are needed to improve the franchise. I had no intention of buying the next game seeing as it was going to come out at such a.... Complicated time. But now I'm excited for the next one.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressrel ... f_2020.php

- Next FS will come in 2021, most likely Q4.
- 3x DLC will come in 2020, will bring lot of equipment (kverneland, krone, ...).
- No more DLC-s in 2021.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Interesting find iceuul.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

There is also a thread introduced earlier that was talking about an extended cycle of new FS. Continue FS21 or Keep FS19
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I selected all 3 options.
Why?

Cause I could 😜
Ignorance is bliss
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

Just a thought on this

With Giants spending time and money on Stadia release that then became a pro sub free give away (yes giants will still get some cash from google) due to Stadia not hitting the ground running. (Yes I have Stadia Pro)

Could this be a case of once bitten twice shy?

Makes more sense to wait and see on the next gen console and PC Graphics cards to aim for.

Especially if as we are told by Giants that we are at the limit of what will work on the current gen (hence slot counts etc.) and current game engine.

So maybe it’s new hardware new engine time which should eventually be good for us all including the mod community once they learn the new engine!
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:53 pm I selected all 3 options.
Why?

Cause I could 😜
You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Lol lets hope they keep the life in the game until the new one releases because people will get tired off seasons like they did in 17. Thats gonna happen with 19. Hope mods or giants have a good quality dlc in their pockets and not the same machines but with a different color.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Fifty1990 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:24 am Lol lets hope they keep the life in the game until the new one releases because people will get tired off seasons like they did in 17. Thats gonna happen with 19. Hope mods or giants have a good quality dlc in their pockets and not the same machines but with a different color.
Never got bored of seasons. Got bored of maps without using seasons though...
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Honestly, I'm on board with a 4 year release cycle with DLC or expansion at the half way mark. Gives them more time for QA, gives us more time to build our farms, and a new DLC pack in the middle I would think doesn't require as much attention/effort and can keep players interested with new equipment or upgrades between releases.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

bossmanslim wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:55 pm
iLLBill606 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:31 pm News that FS 21 is not going to come out in my mind is a good move by Giants, why?

1. Next Gem Systems:
With the next gem systems coming out this upcoming Holiday Season, it wouldn't be a bad idea to hold off for 1 more year and allow Giants to focus on Producing a game for those Platforms instead of the soon to be outdated PS4 and Xbox 1.
This is the only real reason it is delayed. Giants is smart enough to realize that releasing the game on an obsolete platform will severely impact sales. Assuming the specs and requirements for next gen consoles have already been provided to Giants, they still need time to account for those changes and figure out how to best apply them. I wouldn't expect FS21 to be out until 3Q21 at best, probably 4Q21 to encourage holiday sales.

FS19 will probably get get 1-3 more paid DLCs. I won't even speculate on what they would be.

This is good for modders because they have basically another year to work on and use stuff.
I disagree that ps4 Xbox one systems are obsolete the systems are less than 10 years old and developers continue to push performance and graphics boundaries.i think we will see PS 4 Xbox one games for another 3-5 years. This Move is strictly business related so I don't really care about the delay as long as there are steady updates and dlc in the meantime.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC