Good Move By Giants-this is an opinion + Poll

Thoughts on Giants Delaying Next Production of Farm Sim 1 or 2 years?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:31 pm

Good Move
83%
Bad Move
5%
Didn't Care
12%

Total votes: 184

SkyBurner JB

Re: Good Move By Giants-this is an opinion + Poll

Post by SkyBurner JB »

I think with this news Giants needs to work with Sony to allow more than the current 4GB maximum permitted space for mods. Also let PS4 have the same 20 game save positions that PC's have instead of the 10 we are permitted to have now. These restrictions have nothing to do with the consoles hardware capabilitys, but Sony's corporate policy to keep drive space available to install programs that they make money from! Note: I do understand the 1,299 slot limit, its because with only 8GB of ram the system can only keep so much data in active memory. Giants really can't do anything about that except maybe release some medium detailed stuff thats a little more console friendly. Just my two cents worth opinion! :gamer:
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

bossmanslim wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:55 pm
iLLBill606 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:31 pm News that FS 21 is not going to come out in my mind is a good move by Giants, why?

1. Next Gem Systems:
With the next gem systems coming out this upcoming Holiday Season, it wouldn't be a bad idea to hold off for 1 more year and allow Giants to focus on Producing a game for those Platforms instead of the soon to be outdated PS4 and Xbox 1.
This is the only real reason it is delayed.
nothing was said that giants isn't launching no new fs title's because of the new console/s that have yet to even have a release date. on the site that is offical info said no new farming simulator title launching for FY2020-21 Giants continue to work on content for fs 19 franchise with new content (DLC, Expansion...). so from what i take it for sure won't be this year and possibly not even next year before fs21 comes out if of course it's to be fs21 who's to say they don't skip fs21 and go to fs 23 being there not releasing a new fs title in 2020.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

O5-Chris wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:52 pm We at least want to know how the coming console generation looks before we make that decision. That's the major reason why we won't release a new FS game this year.
More than likely won't get another game until the end of 2021 or start or 2022.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

ace54858 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:44 am
bossmanslim wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:55 pm
iLLBill606 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:31 pm News that FS 21 is not going to come out in my mind is a good move by Giants, why?

1. Next Gem Systems:
With the next gem systems coming out this upcoming Holiday Season, it wouldn't be a bad idea to hold off for 1 more year and allow Giants to focus on Producing a game for those Platforms instead of the soon to be outdated PS4 and Xbox 1.
This is the only real reason it is delayed.
nothing was said that giants isn't launching no new fs title's because of the new console/s that have yet to even have a release date. on the site that is offical info said no new farming simulator title launching for FY2020-21 Giants continue to work on content for fs 19 franchise with new content (DLC, Expansion...). so from what i take it for sure won't be this year and possibly not even next year before fs21 comes out if of course it's to be fs21 who's to say they don't skip fs21 and go to fs 23 being there not releasing a new fs title in 2020.
Literally announced today that is the sole reason in waiting for fs21...that and still making fs19 stuff that's going well according to them
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

It's a good move. The terraforming took sometime to get the links out. Also every 2 years always seemed really quick to get a new game. (We all complained with the release of 19 and it's glitches) every 3 years would be great! Especially to continue the mods coming in.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

I think waiting is a good move. After I was disappointed by the way season's looks, I left the game entirely. I've never been very happy with it. Things need to change drastically.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:33 am
Fifty1990 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:24 am Lol lets hope they keep the life in the game until the new one releases because people will get tired off seasons like they did in 17. Thats gonna happen with 19. Hope mods or giants have a good quality dlc in their pockets and not the same machines but with a different color.
Never got bored of seasons. Got bored of maps without using seasons though...
not everybody is the same. a whole group will starting to dislike fs and will play other games the question is: is giants going to get back those lost souls when they finally release fs21 or what its going to be called. they will need a pretty big marketing gameplan, because they all ready got all the bigger and attractive names.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Vfarms wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:49 pm I think waiting is a good move. After I was disappointed by the way season's looks, I left the game entirely. I've never been very happy with it. Things need to change drastically.
Be kind please someone had a second full time job with no pay for months to get that mod to the community.
Last edited by Mwal on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Fifty1990 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:11 pm
BreadedVirus wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:33 am
Fifty1990 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:24 am Lol lets hope they keep the life in the game until the new one releases because people will get tired off seasons like they did in 17. Thats gonna happen with 19. Hope mods or giants have a good quality dlc in their pockets and not the same machines but with a different color.
Never got bored of seasons. Got bored of maps without using seasons though...
not everybody is the same. a whole group will starting to dislike fs and will play other games the question is: is giants going to get back those lost souls when they finally release fs21 or what its going to be called. they will need a pretty big marketing gameplan, because they all ready got all the bigger and attractive names.
The modders will keep it interesting there is already multiple modders posting new projects they hadn’t planned to finish so we’re not going to do to or taking on bigger ones with the added time. Also I think you are wrong people don’t lose interest do to time or dislike the the game, gta 5 released after a 5 1/2 year hiatus and is the highest grossing single piece of entertainment ever.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Recommend Giants release the next generation of GE and info for building the the next gen mods a month or so ahead of the game release so there's public created content available right out of the gate.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

GenXFarmer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:42 am Recommend Giants release the next generation of GE and info for building the the next gen mods a month or so ahead of the game release so there's public created content available right out of the gate.
In theory it would help, but GIANTS would need to release a stripped down version of the game so modders could test those mods in game too. You can't create a mod without the game, and indeed reference mods for that matter.
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Good move imo. Don't care that much for the Next Gen Consoles as I'm a Pc player, but I do care about playing a game for longer then 2 years, with a lot of great mods still coming into the game.
IMHO I think the FS19 still has a lot of potential with the current mods, the coming mods and new DLC's coming. I love playing FS19 every day, to this date and wouldn't want to buy a new one in the couple of months and have to start all over again with some better graphics and possibly the same playstyle.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

If the news really is true, then it's a great move.

Between 17 and 19 you could definitely feel the rush to release and the lack of details in the game. It was an improvement but it wasn't a huge jump like the one from 15 to 17. Basically they slowly were becoming like the call of duty idiots and trying to rush out a game every year. I hope they do delay the cycle now and work on making a really good game instead of cutting all of the features out they had to (DEF, etc.).
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

Any possibility that the Blender exporter can be worked on since it is lacking when compared to the Maya exporter.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I 100% support this decision. Now I might even be able to finish all 17 of my FS 19 maps :D

To be honest with such of great modding support each new mod map is like a new game to me. GIANTS dont need to release another version of the base game unless they really are planning to do some significant changes.

So GIANTS take your time...even more than a year if needed and bring us something more advanced. You will have my support.