The European Move

FarmCatJenkins

The European Move

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

So I have well over 500 hours on Lone Oak between three save games. Needless to say it’s been my go to map. I’ve been thinking of expanding operations into Europe, but haven’t really found a map that drags me in. I’m trying to hold out for Sandy Bay but I’m not sure when that will get released. I was thinking of setting up a small operation to get started on the other side of the pond before moving into Sandy Bay and was considering Shamrock Valley. I’d build up some cash then make the move when that map comes out. Any thoughts on Shamrock Valley?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
jasonbarron

Re: The European Move

Post by jasonbarron »

Lone Oak is keeping me pretty busy for the time being, but I can't deny that I'm curious how farming is on the other side of the pond. You raise an interesting question that I didn't fully understand--what do you mean by "building up some cash" before making the move? I thought new maps were new, fresh starts, do you mean to say that you can transfer funds between them? Because that would be a game changer and really encourage experimentation if it were the case. I'd love to do more exploring, but not sure how much I want to re-start the beginner grind every time.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

No, just meaning I’m a pretty big role player, even if it is solo. So what I will do is work a small farm on a map, then sell everything and “move into” a bigger map by cheating the money in from the total on the previous map.

george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Shamrock is a pretty good map if you're trying to start small, especially if you start on the pig yard.
It's a very beautiful map, as are all of Oxygen David's maps.
Oakfield and Marwell are also very nice maps, with a variety of field sizes.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:23 pm No, just meaning I’m a pretty big role player, even if it is solo. So what I will do is work a small farm on a map, then sell everything and “move into” a bigger map by cheating the money in from the total on the previous map.
Copy that about roleplay. I'm pretty big into SCS's Trucking Sim games, and when I came into FS19 my roleplay was a successful trucking mogul wanting to just steb back from the company and live a quiet life in the country working a farm. Haven't figured the trick of cheating money in yet, though, to simulate access to my trucking bank account.

As far as Euro maps go, I'm leaning towards Greenwich and Ballydorn.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

jasonbarron wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:45 pm Haven’t figured the trick of cheating money in yet
Easy Development Controls mod on the Modhub. It lets you give or take away money, set fields, teleport vehicles, all kinds of stuff

jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:50 pm
jasonbarron wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:45 pm Haven’t figured the trick of cheating money in yet
Easy Development Controls mod on the Modhub. It lets you give or take away money, set fields, teleport vehicles, all kinds of stuff
*thumbsup*
player1s

Post by player1s »

If you want to start out small may I suggest Dreisternhof? I'm having an absolute blast on that map.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

If you want to have a mix of small field and big fields, and even huge fields, Osina is a very nice map. It's based off a real place in Poland. The southern part of the map has smaller fields with nice tree lines, the northern part of the map seems more wide open and actually has an American Mid-Western feel to it. And there is a gigantic field on the western side with real nice elevation changes. And the detail might be second to none to be honest. It has some paths in it, that are actually washed out when you get to the bottom of a gully.

If you want a more British map. Marwell is the map I call home. Nice tree lines and the hedges feel so real that you actually feel like you are in England. Pair that up with the Lizard (aka Bailey) trailer. The Lizard (aka Abbey) slurry tanker and you've got the makings of a real feeling English farm. Nice sized field will give you a good crop which equals nice money. And the fields all have a nice unique shape to them. The forest on the northern side of the map is small, but good if you want to just be a hobby logger. But the tree lines and the foliage really make this map come alive.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

If you are looking for a small British map and will be playing on pc I'd recommend Meadowgrove. Nathan has released a seasons ready version on his Facebook whilst he works on the update which started off as making it seasons ready but he is adding way more too it now.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Greenwich would also be a very good choice,though contracts are limited don't pay attention to what has been said about it being broken as it is far,far from it.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I'd highly recomend a trip to Germany then, and visit Hinterkaifeck

It's seasons ready, contracts works, and got a lot of nice details on it, as well as several farms to choose from.
Last edited by Noraf on Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Geiselsberg, Hinterkaifeck for german style. For a baguette and wine atmosphere Campaign Of France. And more british style my go to is Greenwich or Shamrock.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Is Dublin a good GEO for Shamrock Valley?

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

^ A certain streamer that lives in Ireland says the default Geo is based on the UK, but where he lives, it's the same thing. Just hop one island to the west.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----