Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Azfoor

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by Azfoor »

I think this is super good news!! *thumbsup* it's soo annoying when the game is finally stable and most of the mods that I want is out and a new game comes and I need to start al over again!
Lamborghini

Post by Lamborghini »

Hope they will use mudrunner engine and improve phisics in FS 22... Have you noticed that FS appeared on epic games store?
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

I just learned this myself as I saw a tweet of it and I'll agree Extra development time is always good.

PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Lamborghini wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:57 pm Hope they will use mudrunner engine and improve phisics in FS 22... Have you noticed that FS appeared on epic games store?
Use an engine they neither have access too nor would work for their game?

I think the news of additional months of development is getting to the heads of some people already. :-?
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

A very good strategy by Giants, they will wait the release of Kattles and Krops and the new generation of consoles and then they will release FS21 probably by Spring 2021.

Meanwhile they will introduce three more brands as DLC's.

One thing Giants forgot about this strategy; it might end up bad for them, because IF the flop game Kattle and Krops proved to be successful and if people will not buy the new three DLC's because they dissapointed of Claas DLC ( we payed a lot for Claas and Giants did nothing to fix the bugs ), then they might rush to publish FS21 with a huge risk of failure !!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

They know the DLCs won't make up for the loss of a game. Many players, perhaps even most players, will have paid for the DLCs already through the Season Pass, so they won't be counting on millions of sales of each DLC to plug the hole. So in that sense, it's not a risk, it's a deliberate strategy which has probably been well planned out for many months and negotiated with Focus.

The MasterBrainBytes game, despite having some excellent ideas in theory, isn't going to give GIANTS any competition in the long run, no matter how much us players hoped it would push each other further (and don't get me wrong, I was one of the day one supporters (read: muppets) who supported their buying of Porches).
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

That game may be the first farming game that couldn't even get the license for the Lindner Lintrac
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

livesea72 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:23 pm
WMRmodding wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:14 pm Can I be the first to say thank you to Giants for taking our feedback and spending longer to develop FS21 and in so doing giving more life to FS19.

This is awesome news.

For anyone wanting confirmation of what I'm saying here then look on the focus website and look at the new silver news video posted today.
It has less to do with feedback and more to do with XBOX X PS5 coming out this year. A march 2021 release will allow giants to make a version for the new consoles. Nice thought that we actually had a affect on this decision, it's purely business.
The new Xbox won’t be out until 2021, as they wanna see what the ps5 is like before they release (and still the PS4 beats the xbox).
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:26 am ...
The MasterBrainBytes game, despite having some excellent ideas in theory, isn't going to give GIANTS any competition in the long run, no matter how much us players hoped it would push each other further (and don't get me wrong, I was one of the day one supporters (read: muppets) who supported their buying of Porches).
Is the buying of Porsches for realises or just internet gossip? Certainly seems like a games-industry-startup sort of thing though. I would have guessed more in the 80s than today but maybe some things never change.

FWIW I'm in the same boat as you re: support... been a long wait... still very curious what, if anything, will come of it.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Who says there will be an FS21 at all as we know it, it could be skipped in its entirety or morphed into something else.

Given now would be the time for Giants to revamp their naming schemes and to which product supports what platforms and what gets dropped.

As currant gen PS/Xbox and low/mid end PC/Mac and people wanting the traditional FS experience will still be a sector that can be serviced in place of mobile versions, because the currant gen PS/Xbox market isn't going to shrink overnight though it will be smaller over time, while the low/mid end PC/Mac will shrink much slower, and expensive hand-held tablets and cheap low-end laptop will catch up given time.

Which leaves next gen console and higher-end PC/Mac with good GPU with compute cores etc as another product that will grow in size over time wont be held back by legacy currant gen PS/Xbox support curtailing potential.

You then have the questions of the Giants engine and the Stadia or other game-streaming platforms and where that will fit in.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Attack Wave wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:24 am
livesea72 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:23 pm
WMRmodding wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:14 pm Can I be the first to say thank you to Giants for taking our feedback and spending longer to develop FS21 and in so doing giving more life to FS19.

This is awesome news.

For anyone wanting confirmation of what I'm saying here then look on the focus website and look at the new silver news video posted today.
It has less to do with feedback and more to do with XBOX X PS5 coming out this year. A march 2021 release will allow giants to make a version for the new consoles. Nice thought that we actually had a affect on this decision, it's purely business.
The new Xbox won’t be out until 2021, as they wanna see what the ps5 is like before they release (and still the PS4 beats the xbox).
With phil spencer having a working model at home i seriously doubt Xbox will overhaul their system if the PS 5 comes out with superior performance numbers. It would mean i reboot in basically a year,too many problems could pop up in such a short development/Testing cycle.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I'm intersted to know exactly what Giants mean by saying they're going to see what next console generation brings? The hardware specs of the new consoles is already known and third party game studios already have both Xbox and PS5 dev kits. I'd be very surprised if Giants don't as they're not exactly a small backroom studio anymore.

I'm guessing Giants are really holding out to see what the initial instal base in sales is like with the new consoles. Backwards compatibility is apparently going to be a big thing next generation, and Giants will know this, so surely they'll know they can make FS21 taking full advantage of the new hardware but also make the game work on the current console generation?
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Mobias wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:05 pmI'm guessing Giants are really holding out to see what the initial instal base in sales is like with the new consoles. Backwards compatibility is apparently going to be a big thing next generation, and Giants will know this, so surely they'll know they can make FS21 taking full advantage of the new hardware but also make the game work on the current console generation?
I think you fail to grasp what backwards compatible means and its limitation.

Backwards compatible means e.g. a dedicated PS4 game can be played on a PS5, it doesn't permit a dedicated PS5 game to be played on a PS4.

And IF FS21 was just going to be another PS4/Xbox1 technology level rehash then there would be no need for delay, because backwards compatibility would ensure it would work on PS5/Xbox X when they arrive, so it could be released in Oct/Nov 2020.

The fact its not almost ensures the next incarnation will be PS5/Xbox X/PC/Mac probably aiming for either the school summer holidays at the end of Q2 or start of Q3 2021 or an xmas release in mid Q4 2021, with Q4 xmas 2020 being serviced by a major DLC with a map or two for FS19 at a guess.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

b101uk wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:40 pm
I think you fail to grasp what backwards compatible means and its limitation.

Backwards compatible means e.g. a dedicated PS4 game can be played on a PS5, it doesn't permit a dedicated PS5 game to be played on a PS4.

I was meaning more that it should be easier for Giants to make a cross generation game, i.e. have FS21 make use of the extra power of the new consoles but also have a toned down version of the game for the PS4 and current Xbox. I know that both Sony and Microsoft are trying to make it easier for game developers currently with games in production to have them work on both console generations. So in other words FS21 wouldn't really be dedicated to either console generation. But when I say 'easier' I know thats relative and it may well be that with the sort of game FS is it may not be easier at all.
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

Hopefully, they won't repeat fs19, now they've taken more time, more staff, and can make the next FS much better than the current release, from animation to physics.