Cows in for the winter

kevthedev

Cows in for the winter

Post by kevthedev »

I don't know how it's done around the world but in the UK cows are taken indoors for the winter. This adds more pressure of farmers with feeding and cleaning etc.
Summertime is spent getting ready for this so it is essential the farmer has enough silage and other feed to keep the cows going for the winter.

When the cows are turned out in the spring they are rotated between pastures and brought in the same times daily for milking.

Do you think any of this above will be added to any farming sim game in the future? For me, the animal part of this game is a bit of a joke and spoils it for me.
wombles

Re: Cows in for the winter

Post by wombles »

Yea it would be good if you could do that with the animals. Not sure if your on PC but Season's has done a great job with the animals. Realismus really does deserve every donation they get, excellent work (Seb won't get his head through the door now :lol: ).
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Here in the States, we let the cows freeze solid and then thaw out. They don't seem to mind. *thumbsup*
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

Riven326 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:15 pm Here in the States, we let the cows freeze solid and then thaw out. They don't seem to mind. *thumbsup*

I think I just laughed at this way more then I should have done 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

How else would you get frozen beef???🤣🤣🤣
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Since we're already down the road of these kind of jokes...

So a farmer calls his vet out to his farm says he has some animals that require surgery. So the vet jumps in his truck and drives out to the farm and asks the farmer where the sick animals were. The farmer tells him "Oh they're not sick, but I need you to amputate the left legs of all the odd numbered cows and the right legs if all the even numbered ones."

"Why would you want THAT?" The vet replied.

"Well I'm trying to raise lean beef."
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

You could just cut off all the legs and get ground beef 🤣🤣🤣
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Cows are hardy animals, lots of cattle are out grazing corn stalks across the Midwest during winter not to mention open yards.

Calves on the other hand are generally inside depending on the operation set up. Some stay out with there momma in cow calf operations
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Cattle isn't always taken indoors in europe either. That's mainly for the dairy cows, in the winter those are all stuck inside.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<