Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Maikello

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Maikello »

Maikello wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:09 pm I have a question for devs
1.There is a parameter in crops.xml

Code: Select all

germinatesoilMoisture="5"
5 is the default value. But I changed it to 25 and later to 45 .It looks like it has no effect on the plants. They always germinate, even if the soil moisture is below 12%. It should work or is it a "feature for the future"? :zunge:

consumesLime="false"
Only for potatos. What happens if I change it? Every time after harvesting potatoes will I have to spread lime?
About potatos
I think I know what's going on. But I can be wrong :mrgreen:
You can harvest potatoes from the same field for XX years and it will never require lime -

consumesLime="false"
But also if you plant potatoes on a field that requires lime, there will be no loss in yield -

growthRequiresLime="false"
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

reallogger wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:16 am Growth time for trees has always been 5 years. Not sure why some say it was 10 before.
Very interesting.

The reason some say it was 10 before, and then changed to 5, is because Rahkiin on Nov 12 answered a question from kintion of how many years it takes for a tree to fully grow with "10". Then, on Dec 18, during a time where Seasons v 1.1 was heavily discussed, Frag was suggesting to change the growth time for trees from 10 to 5 years, upon which you answered "It actually takes 5 years with Seasons now :) ". I am sure every single person who read your comment, knowing of Rahkiin's info a month earlier and the general topic of the thread at the time, read it to mean that growth time for trees had been reduced from 10 to 5 years for v 1.1.

I don't have any opinions on what is correct or not, just an answer to your wondering of why people keep saying that it used to be 10 years. Quotes attached below.

---
Rahkiin wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:37 pm
kintino wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:34 pm maybe already answered more How long does it take trees to grow completely? This information I did not find in the Seasons manual.

It seems they take many years to grow.
reallogger wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 pm
Frag wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:40 pm I would personally make it 5 years. It would still be a long term investment without making it feel like a cheat."
It actually takes 5 years with Seasons now :)
Last edited by OlavEmil on Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Ok I was thinking the same thing. I knew I heard him say 10 before.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Mwal wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:31 pm
gilroy222 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:30 pm How do you actually sell/remove the horses once you have them?

Playing Lone Oak on PS4 and I cannot sell horses from the horse farm. When I tab to the right the horses will not get highlighted and thus I cannot remove them.
Believe there was a liquid manure trigger mod that was causing some people issues with selling animals. If you are using one try uninstalling those and try again.
Haven't used a liquid manure mod.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

hi guys .. it's time for soy but .. I gave the herbicide in the field before sowing .. while sowing I realized that I was consuming fertilizer from the seeder but it had no effect on the field. did I wrong something guys? maybe herbicide nullifies the effect of fertilizer? :confusednew:
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

fertilizer and herbicide both set the field to "sprayed" status, this is indicated by the darker ground texture. If this is the case you can't use fertilizer or herbicide, until ...
... the field is cultivated/ploughed/seeded*, so the ground layer changed and the dark texture vanishes
... lime/manure/ liquid manure/digestate is spreaded, as these add a different layer onto the field, which will remove the dark texture
... the planted fruit went to the next growth state**, as this will remove all previous additional layers***

*) seeded means without seeded without additional fertilizer application
**) except for "ready for harvest", there you can't apply anything
***) if i remember correctly sugar cane and one root crop are buggy
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

OlavEmil wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:24 am
reallogger wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:16 am Growth time for trees has always been 5 years. Not sure why some say it was 10 before.
Very interesting.
Indeed. Results of some nice detective work... :D

I should have omitted "now" in my first post cause it has always been 5. Anyhow, case closed :D :D
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

JD92 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:39 am hi guys .. it's time for soy but .. I gave the herbicide in the field before sowing .. while sowing I realized that I was consuming fertilizer from the seeder but it had no effect on the field. did I wrong something guys? maybe herbicide nullifies the effect of fertilizer? :confusednew:
If i'm not totally wrong preemptive spraying only works after sowing...
PS4 und PC
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Interesting, reallogger, people have been saying it's 10 years since the FS17 release of Seasons :lol:
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Alagos wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:53 am Interesting, reallogger, people have been saying it's 10 years since the FS17 release of Seasons :lol:
People? What people? :confusednew:

Except Rahkiins recent ramblings we have always said 5 years. Perhaps you confuse it with 10 m distance for unhindered tree growth :)
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Not saying you guys ever mentioned it. But the 'community' sure did :shock:

>>Rules<<
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Community should read the manual.
Vanilla growth is completely disabled. The mod controls all growth of fruits, including pine trees, which take 5 years to become fully grown and harvestable after 2 years since you planted them.
^^ Identical in the 17 and 19 manual..
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

"Reading the Manual? come on - I want to Play a Videogame" :lol:

btw: Thanks for Seasons (including Manual). I really enjoying the game with it.
PS4 und PC
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Pretty sure I read that manual, for both versions. And still thought it was 10 years or maybe it's my faulty memory, since it's been a while since I played Seasons on 17 xD

>>Rules<<
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Noone started talking about 10 years before Rahkiin did. But if there is one person from Realismus we should listen to on this matter, it makes sense that it should be the one who is actually named "reallogger" :search:.