REA mod..

900hasse

Re: REA mod..

Post by 900hasse »

neverusedaweeder wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:28 pm
900hasse wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:05 pm Hello!
A fellow sweed!
I think row 216 is better, there you can set power need.
//900hasse
Ah I had missed that! Thank you!
I have tried to Keep the parameters out of THE code so it can be easy adjusted.
//900hasse
REA22 mod
https://github.com/900hasse
//Hans Nordberg
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:15 am
Azfoor wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:21 pm
bojanh66 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:17 pm I use Xerion 5000 and Claas square baler and its working at 20km/h on hilly fields at Oakfield map.
Buy stronger tractor.
I don't need a stronger tractor... The claas 600 should pull a round baler just fine without going under 10kph *thumbsdown*
The most powerful tractor in the 600 series is 205HP while the round balers are around 70-80HP.
That leaves you with 130HP. Don't expect to be able to pull really fast if you're on positive inclination or the swath is too thick.
That's what this mod does and I think it does quite well.
I wouldn't bother commenting since you're just asking a solution for a personal issue, but calling the way the mod works ridiculous is another thing.
He just called that aspect of the mod ridiculous, said he loved all other aspects. I didn't think of it as him calling the way it specifically worked ridiculous.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

900hasse wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:05 pm Hello!
A fellow sweed!
I think row 216 is better, there you can set power need.
//900hasse
Thank you (Tackar för hjälpen) *thumbsup* that worked!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

gentfarmer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:02 am When you do contracts with this mod the supplied equipment is usually under powered and you are unable to carry out the contract.
Also I'm not sure how this mod reacts with the "Fill types Mass adjustment" mod; I need to experiment
That's a problem with the game not the mod. Can't tell you how many times on Felsbrunn I took a bale contract and was given a Valtra N with Pottinger triple mower, because it was every time. Made me stop doing bale contracts.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Valko_inen wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:34 pm
bojanh66 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:55 am Hell, even Xerion 5000 drops speed from 20km/h to 14-15km/h on really hilly field (cow pasture Oakfield farm) and thats 530HP tractor against 230-240HP baler.
But it would imply that the 300-ish leftover hp isn't enough to move a tractor & baler up a slope at a steady pace which to be honest sounds a bit dodgy although I have to admit I don't know just how steep the slope in question is
Take that 300hp left over and that’s what I would look for in a tractor to drag the baler up the hill dead with no wheels.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Is there a way to make the slippage less pronounced? As in, Im having problems getting work done because I cant move the vehicle. I Would like to lessen the sinking and getting stuck effect somewhat. Im currently trying to harvest potatoes and am using the large harvester. But even the biggest tool in the game cant move on the field when harvesting. I get stuck every 10 meters, then trying to reverse out of the rut, turn the harvester off, back up, start the harvester and go another 10 meters. Gets a bit frustrating, as I dont see a way to avoid the issue (except disabling the mod, which i dont want to do if it can be avoided)
Any tips would be great.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

bojanh66 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:01 pm If you ever played on Oakfield map (cow pasture), that slope is probably around 30-35 degree, rough estimation.

You'd want to bail across the slope, rather than up and down? Especially if you're making round bales!
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Doc3d wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 pm Is there a way to make the slippage less pronounced? As in, Im having problems getting work done because I cant move the vehicle. I Would like to lessen the sinking and getting stuck effect somewhat. Im currently trying to harvest potatoes and am using the large harvester. But even the biggest tool in the game cant move on the field when harvesting. I get stuck every 10 meters, then trying to reverse out of the rut, turn the harvester off, back up, start the harvester and go another 10 meters. Gets a bit frustrating, as I dont see a way to avoid the issue (except disabling the mod, which i dont want to do if it can be avoided)
Any tips would be great.
I had the same problem on my play on Hinterkaifek, i let the harvester run with courseplay and drove the tractor next to it myself. I killed that game due to some other issues, but it was really frustrating to get the harvester unstuck. If you like to do potatoes, try to avoid uneven fields at all cost und if it still gets stuck use a large enough tractor to push it forward, after a few meters it will get unstuck and continue its work.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

juf.de wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:10 am
Doc3d wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 pm Is there a way to make the slippage less pronounced? As in, Im having problems getting work done because I cant move the vehicle. I Would like to lessen the sinking and getting stuck effect somewhat. Im currently trying to harvest potatoes and am using the large harvester. But even the biggest tool in the game cant move on the field when harvesting. I get stuck every 10 meters, then trying to reverse out of the rut, turn the harvester off, back up, start the harvester and go another 10 meters. Gets a bit frustrating, as I dont see a way to avoid the issue (except disabling the mod, which i dont want to do if it can be avoided)
Any tips would be great.
I had the same problem on my play on Hinterkaifek, i let the harvester run with courseplay and drove the tractor next to it myself. I killed that game due to some other issues, but it was really frustrating to get the harvester unstuck. If you like to do potatoes, try to avoid uneven fields at all cost und if it still gets stuck use a large enough tractor to push it forward, after a few meters it will get unstuck and continue its work.
Ok, thats sort of what Ive been doing, but it just feels exaggerated, which is why I was looking to lessen the effect a bit.. about 50% of what we currently have would be good, i think. But I dont know LUA so I have no idea what to change..
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

My guess is, that the potatoe harvester isn't configured right. It feels like the center of mass is too far in the front, which results in to much weigth on the narrow front wheels which in return leads to the getting stuck problem. From the morerealistic mod of FS17 i know, that Giants does not always distribute the mass correctly.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC

Post by 101010 »

The LUA code for the REA mod is fairly straightforward and easy to understand. It should be possible to more or less disable any of the mod effects for the potato harvesters for the time being.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

101010 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:43 pm The LUA code for the REA mod is fairly straightforward and easy to understand. It should be possible to more or less disable any of the mod effects for the potato harvesters for the time being.
Sure it is, if you know what to look for-which I don’t. Not trying to be cheeky, but looking at that code I couldn’t understand a thing. Like mentioned, I don’t speak LUA

If anybody has any pointers as to what to change, I’m all ears