Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by iwan073 »

Getting the sugar beets out of the ground at The Dutch Farm in Sussex

And putting my new 8400 R at work
Ignorance is bliss
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Found an old Ford in the next town over and had my buddy paint up my sprayer to match the color scheme

And it was right to the field to spray those pesky weeds!

Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I finally started my American map...Nebraska Lands. Bought the cattle farm. Here is where I am so far:

Before:

The farm house with some fences:

The garage machine shed and horse stable that I edited (fences were all crooked my OCD couldnt take it :)

Another view:

Cow barn with shed mixing station and feed lot. In the back you can see the pigs and fermenting silo.

Another view that shows the bale shed.

We grow corn soybean and wheat authentic to the area. My main income is CCM from corn. The mill is being moved at the moment.
Hope you enjoy! Anyone from that State drop any advise you might have. I want to play as realistic as possible. Thanks! :gamer:
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Map: Estancia Lapacho
Equipment theme: Case IH
Field set 1: 1, 2 & upper 2/3 of 3 in grass for silage bales
Field set 2: lower third of 3 in sugarcane
Field set 3: 7 & 8 currently in Oats

The plan. Try harvesting sugarcane one more time. If it is a big pain in the butt again, I'll plow it under and plant grass. Once 7 & 8 are harvested, I'll replant into canola. I'm probably going to redo my farm yard and buy 4, 5 & 6 next. I'm also going to take up a tree planting project for the county soon on non-field lands (buy land, plant trees, sell land).
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

Decided to start a farm in Dreisternhof. Heard they grow some fancy grass that fetches decent prices. So I sowed two fields of it, one for silage for the cows I wanted to buy, another for the seeds to sell. Plus a field of oats for straw. Well.... A lot of rain and early snow fall in autumn prevented me from harvesting. So I ran through the fields with my forage harvester to at least save what I could to just make silage and make some sort of income. Hoping for better weather next season.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Bought biggest field on Ravenport with potatoes and harvesting it takes forever. Have worn out my harvester twice already 😮
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

First couple days on Hazzard County had my lime spreader put to the test:

And got a new dump truck for moving product around:

BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Been finishing spreading digestate on our grass meadows, we also started our 2nd grass cut of the year. Having our own wrapper this season has made things much easier.

We also got the last of cereal crop spraying finished. Crops are looking good, so hopefully a good yield.

We ended up with a large amount of supplus straw bales, so decided to take them to the local Agri Supplies yard where they have a compost machine. Will give us a nice load of cheap fertiliser and make room for the fresh straw bales this harvest.

Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
hun3

Post by hun3 »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:11 am Been finishing spreading digestate on our grass meadows, we also started our 2nd grass cut of the year. Having our own wrapper this season has made things much easier.

We also got the last of cereal crop spraying finished. Crops are looking good, so hopefully a good yield.

We ended up with a large amount of supplus straw bales, so decided to take them to the local Agri Supplies yard where they have a compost machine. Will give us a nice load of cheap fertiliser and make room for the fresh straw bales this harvest.

Bill what map is that? Looks very nice.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

The local Case dealership offered me an awesome deal. So I sold all my John Deere equipment and got me some Case tractors and combine instead!

Ignorance is bliss
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Autumn of year three on Geiselsberg and things are finally beginning to swing my way. This is the first time I've only done dairy cows with seasons, no beef cows. I only had one small field and a medium grass field. To make the most out of the small field I went the root crops route. I am so glad I started off by logging that section of timber because this was a difficult way to go. The sugar beats brought in a good income the first year, but the cows did not. I didn't think it would take so long to produce milk. I finally started making TMR, usually I just called it good enough because I only had beef cows anyway. Before I knew it the cows had doubled and there was 150,000 l of milk in the summer of year 3 - major breakthrough for the SimpleFarmer.
We had ran out of hay because the second grass harvest never happened - not sure why, it usually does - so the cows ate silage for the spring of year 3. Also, none of my fields produce straw so I did a harvesting contract hoping to gather the straw when I was done. You have to own the land. So annoying so I talked to the attractive landowner, Rebecca O'Conner, judging by her profile picture, and she let me "buy" the land and take the straw and "sell" it back to her. We're friends, she's not texting me back rn though not sure why.
The sugar beats in the medium field were put on hold for year 2 while I tried oilseed radish and a fallow year to see if that will help. I think it only will cause me a loss as discussed on another thread here.
Spring of year 3 things were looking pretty bleak - no hay, running low on silage for the cows, no beats income from my only other field.
I just about maxed out my loan on an effort to make it work and bought another medium field and planted corn. It was quite the fiasco trying to get a forage harvester that would work but in the end the silage yield was much greater than I expected. I sold the forage harvester back and made the following observation:
Forage harvester cost around 272,000 if I recall, and lease would have been around 25,000. I bought it and used it for 1.1 hours and it sold for only 10,000 less than I bought it for. I think I will do that again next year and see if I had miss-read something, but that was pretty cool.
Between the sold milk, slurry, manure and excellent silage idea, my farm is back on track.
Another day another dollar here in Geiselsberg. Might stop by and take Becka out for lunch, who knows.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Although I am totally happy, I've been thinking about leaving Marwell and trying something new. Nothing ever feels right though. I might make one last trip to Oregon. They have spring planting coming up. But back on Marwell we are in full swing of harvesting and planting winter wheat and trying to get one last hay crop in for the year. 80 head of dairy cows eat a lot of feed. Which is good, because we have a half used clamp of grass silage and a full clamp of maize silage that needs opened here soon.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:48 pm Although I am totally happy, I've been thinking about leaving Marwell and trying something new. Nothing ever feels right though. I might make one last trip to Oregon. They have spring planting coming up. But back on Marwell we are in full swing of harvesting and planting winter wheat and trying to get one last hay crop in for the year. 80 head of dairy cows eat a lot of feed. Which is good, because we have a half used clamp of grass silage and a full clamp of maize silage that needs opened here soon.
Oregon is overpolpulated I hear, and the rain... people say its positively dreary. Come on by Haundorf. It's a municipality in the Weißenburg-Gunzenhausen district, in Bavaria, Germany, per the internet, and stop by my family's farm. There's plenty of opportunity here for everyone. Bring your latterhozen, the townsfolk meet every Wednesday at the wirtshaus and put some of the barley harvest to good use. I'll see what I can do to find you a good farmer to work for while you get your feet on the ol' ground pal.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

hun3 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:44 pm Bill what map is that? Looks very nice.
"The Western Shore", it's a map I made for Farming Simulator 17, originally just for my friends on our Dedi server, but I will be releasing it on Simply Safe Mods website very soon.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Hazzard County, Mid Spring. Cutting two meadows to re-purpose them next week for corn and soybean. My TMR production will be up scaled by double now.