Real life numbers

frankfarmer

Real life numbers

Post by frankfarmer »

Hi, just wondering if people use this mod, just stumbled across it today and thinking about using it. What are people's thoughts on it?
norfolk farmer

Re: Real life numbers

Post by norfolk farmer »

frankfarmer

Post by frankfarmer »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:44 pm Its great
Would you recommend using it alongside seasons?
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

frankfarmer wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:12 pm Hi, just wondering if people use this mod, just stumbled across it today and thinking about using it. What are people's thoughts on it?
Peoples feelings range from liking it to absolutely hating it. Saw a guy make a Youtube video recommending to "get it out of your life". :biggrin2:

There are many reasons why the reactions are so diverse. One is that the mod sets the economy to real-life price levels. That alone changes the game so much that many quickly drop the mod. If the economy is too bleak, you can change the economy difficulty from 3 to 2 or 1. Level 3 will give you the real-life price levels.

Another reason why some people hate it is that the mod has had many issues due to its wide spread change of game parameters. If a map maker strays away from the "standards" then the mod might fail. The present version has a minor issue due to a new contract type "snow" being introduced in the beta version of Seasons. This is just one of many examples where I had to readjust the mod to new features in other mods.

I'm very new to FS modding so I decided to spend my time getting the core ideas out. There are therefore no in-game huds to display the +2500 lines of output. This makes it a bit simplistic to work with the mod. You have to look in the log file for the output, read the lengthy manual stored in the zip file to get an idea about what the mod can do for you and you even have to edit the parameters in an editor to tweek it to your local conditions and prices. If you know a bit about farming and bother to get your own hands into the mod, then you can get more control over your farming simulation.

The mod takes into account a number of multifruits and extra fill types. There are likely to be some maps with more fill types than what the mod defines. Such fill types use the definitions given in the map.

Anyway, try it out and ask me if you have questions.

It comes in 3 flavors: Germany, UK, US Heartland. The only difference is in crop yield and prices on crops and farm supplies. You should only have one of them activated.

The mod can be downloaded from many sites. I upload it to modhoster.com, and that is where I read users comments and try and help out with issues.

PS. From version 1.2, Seasons is needed.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

To me, this mod is now essential and I love the added realism, even tho it will absolutely make the game more challenging. If realism is your thing, I would definately give it a go. Read the manual and check the game-log to get a sense of how it’s working.
frankfarmer

Post by frankfarmer »

I am keen to try it, but if I'm going to get paid a real life price for my produce, I expect to be paying a real life price for my machinery, as in-game, it is much higher priced than real life.
neverusedaweeder

Post by neverusedaweeder »

frankfarmer wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 am I am keen to try it, but if I'm going to get paid a real life price for my produce, I expect to be paying a real life price for my machinery, as in-game, it is much higher priced than real life.
If you’re on PC get the mod easy development controls https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019.
With this mod you can easy add or subtract money and change equipment hours and days, so what I do is I simulate buying used equipment, I look the equipment I want to buy IRL and then I buy the equipment for the in game price and with this mod I add or subtract money to buy it for the real life price.
I also adjust hours and wear with this mod as well, if a tractor is 5000 hours I adjust the in game tractor to be 50 hours.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

frankfarmer wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 am I am keen to try it, but if I'm going to get paid a real life price for my produce, I expect to be paying a real life price for my machinery, as in-game, it is much higher priced than real life.
I have never investigated this. I just thought prices on equipment were rather realistic. How much more expensive do you think it is?

RealLifeNumbers allows you to rent equipment cheaper than in default game. In fact it allows you to define the rent contract. However, if you rent everything, your daily rent payment gets pretty hefty. So now I only rent harvesters.

RealLifeNumbers sets the price on farm supplies bought in the store, so I expect it would be a simple thing to add a common scale factor to all equipment prices. But I would like to hear some suggestions on how much the purchase price should be down-scaled.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
frankfarmer

Post by frankfarmer »

Well for example; the in-game fiat tractor is £59k, in real life, I would maybe expect roughly around 25k, but the issue is, you could not buy this tractor brand new in real life.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Well for reference my neighbor just went in with a neighboring farm and bought a 2019 CR8.90 with header for almost $700k lol

I was under the assumption prices were pretty accurate. Maybe not, I’m not an actual farmer.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I think it would depend if you are looking sry auction prices vs dealer prices and might be a little different depending where you are in the world. The older tractors might be harder to distinguish the correct price because they are like brand new buying in game. I mean 25k is less than I paid for my truck that was 4 years old and only had 26k miles on it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.