Preventive Spraying in seasons

Jonhinkerton

Preventive Spraying in seasons

Post by Jonhinkerton »

When does preventive spraying for weeds happen in seasons? I have had it work and not work. I also seem to be unable to get a worker to do the spraying, is there a stage of working the field where they do?
ThatCanadianGuy

Re: Preventive Spraying in seasons

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

you can spray herbicide anytime after seeding but before the crop is in harvest stage. In my experience you can fertilize and spray herbicide on the same day but only if you do fert first, otherwise you want at least 1 operation per day.

In seasons a worker will not spray herb unless it is covering nearly the entire field since there has to be weeds present for the worker to spray them. If you are on PC use course play.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

I think I keep trying to do it before seeding while preparing the field. It also seems like fertilizing after spraying does not add a fertilizer level, but this could be another timing error on my part.
ThatCanadianGuy

I typically spray fert then herb at the first growth stage, typically on the same day even as close as one sprayer following the other 100' back, it always gives me both the fert level and stops weed growth.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

If the ground is darkened by herbicide or fertilizer you can’t fertilize again until the next growth stage, then the field will be a light brown again. I usually spread manure after harvesting, cultivate or plow, then spray fertilizer after sowing, herbicide on the next growth stage, then my last fertilize spray before the final growth stage
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

for the amount that manure sells for at the BGA don't put it on the ground, you can buy a lot of solid fertilizer for value of the manure
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 pm If the ground is darkened by herbicide or fertilizer you can’t fertilize again until the next growth stage, then the field will be a light brown again. I usually spread manure after harvesting, cultivate or plow, then spray fertilizer after sowing, herbicide on the next growth stage, then my last fertilize spray before the final growth stage
So that counts as three rounds of fertilizer, doesn't it? I thought you only needed 2x to reach 100%.
redbull-man82

Post by redbull-man82 »

no in seasons you have to fert 3 times . only in base game you fert 2 times
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Ok, got it. I'm still in vanilla.
humbe

Post by humbe »

In seasons I think you can fertilize only once per growth stage. So unless you have a bonus fertilization step from green manure or something, you can only fertilize one level before the plants have come out of the ground.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

what seems illogical is you cannot put down fert and herb in the same stage.
humbe

Post by humbe »

ilovetrains wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:19 pm what seems illogical is you cannot put down fert and herb in the same stage.
Have you tried it? I thought I did.. Though I might be wrong.. Spraying fertilizer and herbalizer on the field looks the same on the field, so maybe the game only have one progress tracker for fert/herb together.
dof2141

Post by dof2141 »

myself, as soon as I harvest a field, I 1.plow if needed, 2. lime if needed, 3. fert, ( any, just like the missions,) 4. cultivate, 5. fert, 6.plant, 7 fert. After the crop has sprouted then Herb. (or a weeder)

If it's too late in the year for the crop you want to plant, you can wait till spring and start with step 1, or do step 1 - 5 after the harvest and start step 6 as soon as possible in the spring

Cultivating in the fert, and or planting a fertilized field allows you to fert again with no waiting.
ThatCanadianGuy

ilovetrains wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:19 pm what seems illogical is you cannot put down fert and herb in the same stage.
I do it all the time (using courseplay), as long as fert goes down first it works.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:19 pm
I do it all the time (using courseplay), as long as fert goes down first it works.
But is there a color change when you do it this way?
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen: