MaizePlus mod

BreadedVirus

MaizePlus mod

Post by BreadedVirus »

So not too sure about this one. Looks good and am very sure that it plays good, but not too sure how to use it

Anyone car to give a few tips on how to use it?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Azfoor

Re: MaizePlus mod

Post by Azfoor »

Me neither.. Wondering about the maize bales :confusednew:
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I am also unsure of what all it does. And what is CCM?
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

From the way i understood it is that it adds more fill types to the game. Example is if u put chopped grass into a silage bunker to fermate you will now get a fill type closer to haylage like you would get irl. As for CCM thats a type of corn distiller grain im prtty sure that you would feed to cattle. Anyway that how i understood the description in the mod hub but i could ve wrong.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

TZ441 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:07 pm From the way i understood it is that it adds more fill types to the game. Example is if u put chopped grass into a silage bunker to fermate you will now get a fill type closer to haylage like you would get irl. As for CCM thats a type of corn distiller grain im prtty sure that you would feed to cattle. Anyway that how i understood the description in the mod hub but i could ve wrong.
CCM is corn cob mix, which is grain corn harvested together with whole and broken cobs.

You might be thinking of DDG, distiller's dried grains, which is the solids left over after ethanol production from grain.
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

Corn cob mix huh? Interesting. Didn't know that was even a thing.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Currently the MaizePlus mod doesn't really do more than separating the different kinds of silage you can find in RL. Grass, maize and whole crop. At the end of the day they're still the same for the game, but it adds some realism =)
And baling chopped maize is possible =P
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Vanilla game has three different crops that can be made to chaff using different forage harvester headers:
1. Corn
2. Grass
3. Whole crop (other crops).

Problem is that after you run over these crops with forage harvester you get only one type of chaff and this will ferment into one type of silage.
Real life there are different silage/chaff types coming out from different crops. So basically this mod will add different type of chaff/silage to game.
They look different, they can be baled (using bales for fermenting), so outcome has more realistic look of chaff/silage handling.

Will they make any difference, are they different values of feed, i am not sure, maybe this mod is only about the look.
Also i do not know anything about this CCM.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

About the calculation also, i am playing at the moment the MAP that has two additional fruits and seasons mod enabled. So heightTypes calculation is: 23 (base game) + 3 (seasons) + 2 (2x extra fruits) = 28
So currently i am using 28 heightTypes (max is 31). This map does not have increased limit of heightTypes, so since base MaizePlus mod uses 4 heightTypes, means total 32 needed, i cannot enable this
mod on my map, so maybe after half year i am going to change the map, then will try out and let you guys know how this mods actually works.

What is heightType? - It is the crop number that can be tipped into the ground, base game has 23 different crops, Seasons adds 3 more (salt, snow and half-dry grass), MaizePlus adds 4 more (corn chaff, corn silage, grass silage and grass chaff) and MaizePlus CCM Extension will add 2 more (CCM chaff, CCM silage). Every extra fruit on map requires only one heightType.
Last edited by IceUul on Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I have not had a go with it as yet but this is also to do with CCM from global co.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Has anyone tested what's up with TMR and the products from this mod?
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

It should all work the same way as the standard silage.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

george.earlslight wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:09 am Has anyone tested what's up with TMR and the products from this mod?
I did a quick test with chopped corn - forage harvester to get it off the field, emptying into a trailer, then dumped the trailer on the field, then ran over it with a baler - and it worked perfectly. A couple of things, though:

If using Seasons the bales ferment immediately rather than over time. I like that the regular silage bales take time to ferment. Your call.
The TMR mixer from Global Company would not accept the maizesilage bales. I did not try an in-game mixer (though I should have. I would look in the shop to see if the icons are there.)
The bale storage sheds/barns/stacks from GtX will not accept the maizesilage bales. I use these extensively so it was a dealbreaker for me. Again, your call. Probably not all that difficult to integrate - hint hint, GtX.

That's as fas I got. Awesome concept and very well executed. A little integration with mods and it's golden for me.
Playing on PC
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

hpmc13 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:39 pm
george.earlslight wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:09 am Has anyone tested what's up with TMR and the products from this mod?
That's as fas I got. Awesome concept and very well executed. A little integration with mods and it's golden for me.
Many thanks for the research and for posting the results!
soppatoni

Post by soppatoni »

:gamer:
Last edited by soppatoni on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.