Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

JD92

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by JD92 »

Phigo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:31 am
JD92 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:39 am hi guys .. it's time for soy but .. I gave the herbicide in the field before sowing .. while sowing I realized that I was consuming fertilizer from the seeder but it had no effect on the field. did I wrong something guys? maybe herbicide nullifies the effect of fertilizer? :confusednew:
If i'm not totally wrong preemptive spraying only works after sowing...
I was wrong! typical mistakes from a non-farmer :lol:
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

juf.de wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:10 am fertilizer and herbicide both set the field to "sprayed" status, this is indicated by the darker ground texture. If this is the case you can't use fertilizer or herbicide, until ...
... the field is cultivated/ploughed/seeded*, so the ground layer changed and the dark texture vanishes
... lime/manure/ liquid manure/digestate is spreaded, as these add a different layer onto the field, which will remove the dark texture
... the planted fruit went to the next growth state**, as this will remove all previous additional layers***

*) seeded means without seeded without additional fertilizer application
**) except for "ready for harvest", there you can't apply anything
***) if i remember correctly sugar cane and one root crop are buggy
This has me thoroughly confused. Is there anyway to apply more than one of lime, manure, fertilizer or herbicide in any combination in a single day?

Starting day one, applied manure and lime, then plowed. However it shows needs lime...so the lime did not take? I guess have to apply first, but then manure will not take. So to lime, plow, and do three stages of fertilizer (one with seed) plus herbicide takes 5 days minimum, correct? The problem is that you cannot fertilize out side the original gestation season.

Which reminds me, the handheld meter will show the crop as 50% grown, but the map shows stage 4 and it is ready harvest next day. bug?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

If you play with seasons you can apply lime only on cultivated or plowed fields, i had to learn that the hard way too.
Lets take a harvested but not cultivated field as your start. You can then directly apply one fertilizer stage, then you can cultivate, fertilize again, not you spread lime and afterwards you can apply fertilizer a 3rd time.
Another example would start with a mowed grass field, you can then apply a fertilizer stage, followed by either run with slurry or manure, you wil have a fully fertilized grass field again.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Sorry it is 5 years. Don't know where my head was. It might have been 10 in the beta of Seasons17 though
Jbird0021

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports) Days/Periods Out of Sync

Post by Jbird0021 »

Ok. I'm having an issue with the seasons mod that I can't seem to rectify. To outline, I'm playing on console (PS4) using 6 day seasons, and the corresponding geo mod to the map I'm playing... The issue I have is that the transition from I believe spring to summer, half of the seasons' functions move into the next day/period and other functions do not. My calendar in the seasons' menu will say that I'm in period 2 of early summer, but everything growth-wise and even at the top of the gameplay screen will show period 6, late spring... The timeframes are not in sync. This is the second game out of two tries this has happened.

On my first go (Geiselsberg) I was all the way into the 1st period of mid-autumn, and the whole entire map did not have a crop past the 2nd growth stage, including mine.

The temperature, trees, schedule in the seasons menu all are appropriate, but the growth and the timeframe listed on the main playing screen are off.

Is this due to utilizing the "sleep" function? How can I rectify this!?
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Not to hijack, but I do have a seasons question as this is my first go round with it. 9 day seasons and I'm on day 4 of summer. My barley just turned golden and when I took a reading with the MT9, it says 67% growth, 39% crop moisture, 100% fertilized and 9% soil moisture. The question is, is this normal at this point or should I be worried about drought? If so, is there a way, on console, to water my crops?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

No you can't water your crops. Hope for rain. But as your Point of concern is that the crops turned into the "Ready to Harvest look" from the vanilla game - this seems to be a Seasons feature. Last growth stage Looks like that.
PS4 und PC
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Thanks. Rain is forecast 4 days from now, but then that would be 2 days into harvest season already. I'll just hope my luck holds out.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Jbird0021

Post by Jbird0021 »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:07 am what map and geo are you using? Are you fast forwarding a lot? What speed are you on before you use the sleep function?
My first map was Geiselsberg with the Geiselsberg geo, second map is Wola Zabierzowska with the Poland geo.

On Geiselsberg my speed was 5X and Wola is 15X

Another thing is, I don't use the autosave function... last night, I saved the game before midnight, tried the sleep function (7 hours I believe) and it updated and both aspects of the game rolled to the next day/period as it should. That may be the solution?
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

My mission disappeared when going in to a new season. It was a hay making mission so the grass needed drying. I went from late spring to early summer over night with the mission active because the dry grass was still dry grass. And when i arrived at my field the other day it was a hay but the mission disappeared leaving the field with hay swaths.

I was playing campaign of france, European simplified geo on 6 day seasons on the ps4.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:04 pm
gilroy222 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:30 pm How do you actually sell/remove the horses once you have them?

Playing Lone Oak on PS4 and I cannot sell horses from the horse farm. When I tab to the right the horses will not get highlighted and thus I cannot remove them.
This works for me. Can anyone confirm this? Or can you make a video?
So I am not sure what has happened... But I am now able to sell them. I didn't change any mods or anything but it is now working.

Thanks for taking the time to reply anyway.
lastpatrol

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports) Days/Periods Out of Sync

Post by lastpatrol »

Jbird0021 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:18 pm Ok. I'm having an issue with the seasons mod that I can't seem to rectify. To outline, I'm playing on console (PS4) using 6 day seasons, and the corresponding geo mod to the map I'm playing... The issue I have is that the transition from I believe spring to summer, half of the seasons' functions move into the next day/period and other functions do not. My calendar in the seasons' menu will say that I'm in period 2 of early summer, but everything growth-wise and even at the top of the gameplay screen will show period 6, late spring... The timeframes are not in sync. This is the second game out of two tries this has happened.

On my first go (Geiselsberg) I was all the way into the 1st period of mid-autumn, and the whole entire map did not have a crop past the 2nd growth stage, including mine.

The temperature, trees, schedule in the seasons menu all are appropriate, but the growth and the timeframe listed on the main playing screen are off.

Is this due to utilizing the "sleep" function? How can I rectify this!?
this is Ireland, rdk19,charwell.. unreported problem it seems, stuck on spring 1 ...is it the map a random mod? its not a geo problem that I know...it happens when reloading certain maps a couple of times , restarting fs19 is a temporary fix ,the game will crash when weather forecast runs out if ignored.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

bug:
County Line season - Missouri GEO, planted corn field 14 Spring day 1 (9 days season) matured to dark green, 50% using tool, by Summer day 4 but never matured further. Winter day 1 field showed 'harvested.'
Fall day 3 - bought pasture field, mowed, turned from 'dry grass' to hay while mowing field, then disappeared (within 3 hours of game clock time).
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

For one, that geo is messed up, so that could be the problem. Also did you start seasons on an existing save?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:34 pm For one, that geo is messed up, so that could be the problem. Also did you start seasons on an existing save?
started brand new game - gone through an entire year.

OK - was nto aware there was anything wrong with the GEO. I believe it was off the in game modhub...what specifically is wrong with it? I guess I need a new GEO...