Searching for a potato overloader to seeder

kahfs

Searching for a potato overloader to seeder

Post by kahfs »

Hi, Inspired by the resent mods for washing and sorting potatoes I'm playing a potato farmer with bigger potato fields than what I usually have. However, on a bigger scale, loading the potato planter from pallets is not efficient. I would prefer using a larger trailer with a belt system mounted on the trailer backside to load the planter. Such a mod was available in FS15. If you know of a FS19 version, I would really like to hear about it. A potato hiller is also on the wish list.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Noraf

Re: Searching for a potato overloader to seeder

Post by Noraf »

Loader and bucket?
Haven't seen many trailers with a conveyours though, so bucket or boxes is it i'd think
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Check this out https://youtu.be/UGhvilj6flU you should easily be able to replicate this set up in game
Last edited by Patrick73 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

When people ask for new crops i always think it is a pity Giants haven't spent more time on existing ones, potatoes have so much more in the growing process than we currently have.
Around my way I real life I have seen potatoe planters loaded from telehandler buckets which are filled themselves by tipping into from a trailer.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Noraf wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:05 pm Loader and bucket?
Haven't seen many trailers with a conveyours though, so bucket or boxes is it i'd think
I did use a bucket, and will use it again. I would like to see more root crop equipment though.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Patrick73 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:44 pm Check this out https://youtu.be/UGhvilj6flU you should easily be able to replicate this set up in game
Awesome video!! Makes you want to grow potatoes.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Dump them in piles and the use the pick up belt
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I’ve recently decided to dip my foot into potatoes a well. Suddenly realized I haven’t done potatoes since fs15! 😳
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Found it. The Ropa Big Bear: https://www.yesmods.com/fs19-mods/trail ... -bear-fsm/ It IS BIIIGGG

It will take beet, potato, carrot and onion. I loaded potatoes from a conveyor belt at my farm storage, but only if the pipe is out. It will also load potatoes into the planter, just have to drive the planter back and forth a bit to find the trigger. It will also dump to ground, so I hope it will also unload to the new potato and sugarbeet heeps mods by Fendtfan. Often, auger-wagons will not take stuff from a conveyor and will only dump to a trailer. So this is a big step in the right direction. *thumbsup*
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

True, but it’s massive tho.. is your operation big enough to warrant a 60.000L overloader to your seeder? 😊
The idea is good, but for my farm it is way too big. I think I’ll try the setup from that video when the time comes. Also planning to set up conveyor belts from the washer to the sorter and into the potatoe-boxes for storage.
Given the amount of potatoes from a single field, I’m only hoping I don’t grow tired of it before even finishing a single field 😜
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Doc3d wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:54 pm True, but it’s massive tho.. is your operation big enough to warrant a 60.000L overloader to your seeder? 😊
The idea is good, but for my farm it is way too big. I think I’ll try the setup from that video when the time comes. Also planning to set up conveyor belts from the washer to the sorter and into the potatoe-boxes for storage.
Given the amount of potatoes from a single field, I’m only hoping I don’t grow tired of it before even finishing a single field 😜
No question that it is very big. But, you can't have it all. At the moment my potato field is 10 ha, so I expect 570,000 Liters of potatoes.

I also use the potato sorter. Can I offload from the sorter to pallets/boxes? Being both washed and sorted they should be ready for retail. So packing into boxes would be the right thing to do. So far I have offloaded from the sorter to the telehandler bucket.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

My potatoes aren’t ready yet so I’m not sure how to set it.
My plan is to offload from the harvester to a trailer, then have that conveyor thing that you can tip into close to the washer, use a conveyor belt to get it into the washer, then eighter place the sorter directly under the offload from the washer, or use a conveyor to get it to the sorter, and then place the box under where the sorter offloads. Fingers crossed it will work out, but like I said, I haven’t tried it yet.
Massey5713

Post by Massey5713 »

Anyone knows if the washer and the sorter comes to consloe (ps4)? I miss smaller equipment for potato-farming, the huge potatoe-harvester is quite expensive to invest in... and I only own a few smaler fields yet. :/
Farming in Norway when the weather allows,
farming in FS19 when the wife allows *thumbsup*

Ps4
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Doc3d wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:34 pm My potatoes aren’t ready yet so I’m not sure how to set it.
My plan is to offload from the harvester to a trailer, then have that conveyor thing that you can tip into close to the washer, use a conveyor belt to get it into the washer, then eighter place the sorter directly under the offload from the washer, or use a conveyor to get it to the sorter, and then place the box under where the sorter offloads. Fingers crossed it will work out, but like I said, I haven’t tried it yet.
Doc3D, The potato sorter uses the Global Company script. So to spawn pallets you enter the Global Company menu (Ctrl-G) and find the mod. Open up the menu for the washer, click on the Output field. Then you can choose max pallets to spawn or add them one-by-by one. It is identical to spawning pallets from greenhouses.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Oh, so you can’t pour into the potatoe-box mod thingie then I recon. Total potato noob here 😜