Dedicated server rental not working with Epic 1.5.2.1

Playnot

Dedicated server rental not working with Epic 1.5.2.1

Post by Playnot »

Hi there,
It seems the Epic Games store version of the game is higher and any dedicated server rental does not work with it. When can we expect the server files for 1.5.2.1 to be available?
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Dedicated server rental not working with Epic 1.5.2.1

Post by Stegei »

1.5.2.1 is identical to 1.5.1.0, except for the changes that were made specifically for the Epic store version. If it does not work with a dedicated rental server, it must be an other issue.

What does "not work" mean?
Playnot

Post by Playnot »

At the moment I'm receiving errors when trying to choose a region (international/german, etc) or when attemping to join my rented server. The error is the following:
https://i.imgur.com/hNCBpei.png
Frostfled

Post by Frostfled »

That's not because of the versioning of the server/game thats because Giants werent smart enough to realize the strain that would be on the servers once they made it free for a week. Now we have money wasted on renting and we will never even get to play multiplayer. I doubt they will do anything to fix it. instead they will likely wait for people to lose interest and then be like, "solved it"...
maccnh

Post by maccnh »

*censored* we paid to play and paid for the game and we can not play.

From VeryGames
Incident : Showing server issue

As you can see, since the free Farming Simulator on Epic Games, no server is currently visible. This is a problem linked to the game following the addition of a large number of servers, please contact the creators of the game. We cannot fix this problem. You can also check FS19 forum to be aware of the issue : viewtopic.php?f=894&t=158228 Please do not overload the support. Regards
maccnh

Post by maccnh »

Stegei wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:08 pm 1.5.2.1 is identical to 1.5.1.0, except for the changes that were made specifically for the Epic store version. If it does not work with a dedicated rental server, it must be an other issue.

What does "not work" mean?
Maybe you should get a hold of veryGames and see what is up. As us paid customers for the game and Servers that have been here for years paying for the game. Sorry not very happy to come on and find out I can not play with my Friends. Us old guys 59 here and our Friday night.
maccnh

Post by maccnh »

I see today steam is still on 1.5.1.0 so we have not got the update
djcerla69

Post by djcerla69 »

error message on verygames

Incident : Showing server issue

As you can see, since the free Farming Simulator on Epic Games, no server is currently visible. This is a problem linked to the game following the addition of a large number of servers, please contact the creators of the game. We cannot fix this problem. You can also check FS19 forum to be aware of the issue : viewtopic.php?f=894&t=158228 Please do not overload the support. Regards
maccnh

Post by maccnh »

I would Like to say VeryGames servers are back working. Thanks to who got it working.
Slatkus

Post by Slatkus »

Typical Giants... releasing game for free just before weekend, server are down and 0 communication. Why do you hate your players so much?
Capa69

Post by Capa69 »

Hi everyone! Servers are back but the filter won't function... For my session I must search in the list. It was not appear in orange but in Grey.. Can Giants may something?
Alwaez

Post by Alwaez »

Hi everyone, how to get money back from Verygames? My game version is 1.5.2.1 and the server version is 1.5.1.0, because of this I want to refund.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

1.5.2.1 on Epic Games Store is fully compatible with dedicated servers running on 1.5.1.0. The only difference is the Epic Store specific changes.
hjvg

Post by hjvg »

Stegei wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:28 pm 1.5.2.1 on Epic Games Store is fully compatible with dedicated servers running on 1.5.1.0. The only difference is the Epic Store specific changes.
i think he is right about that (i dont have epic client )

the biggest problem atm is that server list is almost impossible to connect with and thats causing people to be unable to connect. people that are hosting a server need to reboot there servers from time to time to get the server back in the list (around every 6 horus) and around 18:00 gmt +1 its even worse to get a server avable to everyone.

but no officiel word from Giants/farming simulator about the isseu they keep adding more region servers in a bugged select screen but somtimes your not even able to ket that list as it already times out bevore that
RomanEE

Post by RomanEE »

Hello. Well, Stegei, you are wrong. I my self today rented a server ,which runs on 1.5.1.0 , but with Epic Games version of FS19, I can't connect to it. Paid money but can't play, and you are saying that everything should be fine and no difference between the versions?
Alwaez, I feel you , because i got scammed also. Zero communication, just me on my own.