Huge disappointment and step back from FS18

Neal121

Huge disappointment and step back from FS18

Post by Neal121 »

I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet, especially since I'm typing this on my phone.

I'll be honest. I have hours upon hours on mobile FS. Same with PC. This is the most pathetic mobile FS I've seen. They gutted the features from the past that people liked to add broken features.

I play the mobile FS games because of exactly that. They are mobile. They are not FS19 where you have more control access. On this note, here we go.

The mobile games have been great. They take a detailed PC, and console, game and put it on mobile systems with a great setup of features that maintains the FS lineup. The AI features are great on mobile. It may not be as easy to switch around and sell, empty out, etc. The AI was a lifesaver. The previous mobile layout of maps might be simple but they worked. (note in not talking about field helpers. I'm talking about the ai to sell)

Now let's get to 20.

I feel they really wanted to create a really detailed experience that you find on pc and put it on the phone. But it was rushed. The game could have been tested better. And they should have kept features and not gut the mobile features we liked. This could be made from scratch since it really doesn't hold the feel of previous mobile FS when you play 20.

Alright I think I got what I wanted to say and kept this short.

Unfortunately I have no interest in Fs20 and was looking forward for this game since they released FS18. I lost faith in the devs because of this release which is very unfortunate.
jws338

Re: Huge disappointment and step back from FS18

Post by jws338 »

I agree with you. The game as is is not worth playing. With only 4 AI Helpers I have set it aside and will wait until they can make a game out of it. They really should start over and go back to the old platform that would work on almost all devices. if I want 3d I'll go to my pc. They don't even keep up with questions here. This has to a low priority to Giants
John Deere 9570RX

Post by John Deere 9570RX »

By what I have read about FS20 and seen after playing it for a short time on a friend's tablet so far I'm am so glad I never went out and spent hundreds of £s on a new tablet as well as having to buy the game too, so far I have been a very keen player of all the FS series on mobile but this one I'll give a miss. I know as games get more technical the devices you play them on need to be more powerful what's fine for PC play on mobile it just needs the basics No 3D or any other stuff they've used in this version to make it low spec mobile unplayable and for doing that I think they shot themselves in the foot because some players just can't afford to go by a newer mobile every time.
Come on FS get your act together and get back to making them more mobile friendly!
jws338

Post by jws338 »

You hit the nail on the head John Deere. FS 20 is a FLOP as it is. I hope they can fix it. I have one $1000 investor in it.
Multirip

Post by Multirip »

A little history - I have played and completed all achievements on farm sim 15, 17 and 19 on the PS3/PS4 - loved them all.
I got farming simulator nintendo switch edition - which is the same as farm sim 17 on ps4 - loved it.

I've been waiting for farm sim 20 to drop in price on the nintendo store - it hasn't, but thought it would be the farm sim 19 version on switch so would be worth paying full price ... it isn't! It's a shadow of the game - what is it supposed to be? a mobile port from a few years ago? HOW is it supposed to be the next in the series after the previous switch edition? (which is a full game)

I am EXTREMELY disappointed - how can you possibly market that fraction of a game with an unusable interface as being farm sim 20?!
Possibly the absolute worst thing about it is not the user interface (which is just rubbish), the worst thing is that there isn't even an invert 'y' option ... which basically makes it completely unplayable for those of us that need that option.
I have just wasted £40.
Thanks a lot.
John Deere 9570RX

Post by John Deere 9570RX »

Multirip, you should of posted this under Nintendo thread not this one on mobile devices
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

So what did they take away exactly. People aren't exact clear. Did they remove some AI stuff.?
I have 18 and dont really care for. The tiny fields on the map and was thinking of getting 20 when I saw the map layout. But I LOVE being able to send the worker out to deliver grain, sent out the worker to do the fields. And the worker unloading the combines all by themselves.
So what is missing from 18?
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
FarmingJensen

Post by FarmingJensen »

I dont know where to start on this , I'm so disappointed about FS20 on switch.
The older FS the switch edition game is so much better then fs20.
Fs20 it's so light weighted that the game not feel like a game that we can call a simulator.

I like to have a refund but it's not possible because I bought it on Nintendo eshop.

The development of FS20 should be ashamed of them self's.

I have played 6 hours now in bored and I'm feeling limited all the time.
Removed the walk around it's very bad call.
Limited selection of upgrade, removed forester possibiltys it's very very bad.

Its gonna try and forget about the fs20 release and go back to older version of nintendo switch release.

To the dev's don't do this again please.
And DONT make mobile games on switch the console has much more to offer then a mobile.