Epic Games

Patton_M47

Epic Games

Post by Patton_M47 »

Do you think Epic games is a safe website?
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
redglasses

Re: Epic Games

Post by redglasses »

What are you talking about bro? This is a Farming simulator forum.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Pretty sure he’s talking about the website where you can buy FS?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Probably asking because Epic is giving away FS19 starting on January 30 and running to Feb 06. Get ready for an influx of new players (maybe)

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/

To answer the question, Epic's site is legitimate. All games from them, however, must be run through their launcher (much like Steam.) Your level of comfort with that it up to you. Again, the site is legit. My kids have gotten many free games from them.
Playing on PC
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

This site is completely safe and reliable. Just as not as good as steam, see comparison about them from internet.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Epic is just as good as Steam or Origin, a legitimate reseller.
How long it stays on business and what happens to your games if it shuts down, is unknown.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

Thanks yes I did ask because of the free fs19
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
FarmerGerz18

Post by FarmerGerz18 »

I have downloaded FS19 via Epic games but can't find the mods folder in the file directory.
Xbox One
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

FarmerGerz18 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:58 pm I have downloaded FS19 via Epic games but can't find the mods folder in the file directory.
Should be in Documents/my games/farmingsimulator 19/

May need to make the mods folder in that directory though.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
FarmerGerz18

Post by FarmerGerz18 »

L2K Perma wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:35 pm
FarmerGerz18 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:58 pm I have downloaded FS19 via Epic games but can't find the mods folder in the file directory.
Should be in Documents/my games/farmingsimulator 19/

May need to make the mods folder in that directory though.
Thanks L2K got it now, I was looking in the wrong file directory. *thumbsup*
Xbox One
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I can't believe that they are giving it away for free, and they are following it up with the platinum edition in a week or so. if you have not got it yet you must be mad not to get it.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

The platinum Edition should be Paid. Right now it is cheaper to buy the free Version and the platinum addon. I don't think they will give the platinum Edition away for free.

But it is a nice experience with fs 19 for pc… I played around a bit with courseplay and global Company. With a bit time I absolutely will have a look in bigger Maps.
PS4 und PC
Platte valley

Post by Platte valley »

I have also downloaded FS19 to my crapy laptop just to get a feel of the difference between PC and console. Once the new gen consoles come out I will be getting a PC.
SkyBurner JB

Post by SkyBurner JB »

You don't have to use the Epic launcher. By default it puts a shortcut to launch in the windows menu bar and another on the desktop. But if you go to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\FarmingSimulator19\FarmingSimulator2019.exe and click it or send to desktop (create shortcut) it will launch FS19 with out logging into Epic Games. *thumbsup*
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

SkyBurner JB wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:30 pm You don't have to use the Epic launcher. By default it puts a shortcut to launch in the windows menu bar and another on the desktop. But if you go to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\FarmingSimulator19\FarmingSimulator2019.exe and click it or send to desktop (create shortcut) it will launch FS19 with out logging into Epic Games. *thumbsup*
Oh man, I was just going to ask if this was possible. I HATE Steam for all their spying they do on everything you do. I absolutely refuse to buy anything through them. If I was going to have to run FS19 through Epic like Steam, I would have passed it up, but I guess I'll grab it now as a second copy to give away to a friend.

Just a question through... is it only a PC version, or can you download console versions too (and burn to DVD)?