I have a sinkhole in my field

Jonhinkerton

Re: I have a sinkhole in my field

Post by Jonhinkerton »

I did jump in it! It’s really deep and the only way I could get out was by switching to a vehicle.
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

I've had them before on maps mainly when I have sold something that's been on that spot, I just put some thick fir trees round them and make a wood, if its near the edge I continue to the edge with about 6 trees wide and use all types including dead trees makes the field look more interesting
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

What is the shape of the field? If it is worker friendly, then maybe try to fix it. If it is something that is not so square, maybe put some grass and trees around it to make it look a little better
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Also try jumping down once (without cehicle ofcourse) to see, if a building is down there.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

blackiecat wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:16 pm I've had them before on maps mainly when I have sold something that's been on that spot, I just put some thick fir trees round them and make a wood, if its near the edge I continue to the edge with about 6 trees wide and use all types including dead trees makes the field look more interesting
Some people complain that the thickness of the stripes on the reflective markers aren’t wide enough and it’s a game breaking issue and they are never playing again. Not this guy he just just puts trees around game breaking issues and keeps on rollin :lol: It reminds me of that big daddy movie where the kid pees on something and he throws news paper on it :lol: Anyway I just had to comment on your great attitude towards things that would melt most people’s heads.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Like what I do when I have to cross a river because the bridge is filled with AI traffic on Green River. Instead of turning off traffic, I just activated super strength and chucked the tractor across. Don’t worry, I didn’t scratch my beautiful John Deere, I made the Case suffer 😉
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

ive heard of this happening on welker farms map but its never happened to me ....on field 3
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

So, to wrap up, this is in fact welker 3. So I guess that’s a thing.

I couldn’t build on or near the hole. I could landscape though so I cleaned it up a little and put grass around it so my workers probably won’t drive into it. For now it’s not a reason to abandon the save.

And for anyone wondering what it looks like when you drive a tractor into it, here you go:

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Since I'm currently playing Welker, I figure I'll ask if this is only happening on PC, or is this happening on consoles, too?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Have you tried dumping loose material down there?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Bryan83 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:00 pm Since I'm currently playing Welker, I figure I'll ask if this is only happening on PC, or is this happening on consoles, too?
OP has stated that he is on console, so it definitely happens on consoles. No information on whether it happens on PC too yet.
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

redglasses wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:17 pm Have you tried dumping loose material down there?
I considered filling it with lime or something just so I wouldn’t have workers fall in, but I don’t know what that much stuff laying around would do to the save, and after 5 years in seasons and 120 hours it’s probably weird anyway, as attested by the sinkhole.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

turn of autosave, and try it out :)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

OlavEmil wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:34 am
Bryan83 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:00 pm Since I'm currently playing Welker, I figure I'll ask if this is only happening on PC, or is this happening on consoles, too?
OP has stated that he is on console, so it definitely happens on consoles. No information on whether it happens on PC too yet.
Thanks for pointing that out to me because that wasn't the question I meant to ask. What I meant to post was is this only happening to PS4 players or is it happening on XB1, too?

Guess I had the old PC v Console discussion stuck in my head.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Majorguns

Post by Majorguns »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:47 pm Image

I live in florida, so sinkholes are pretty much my life.
I had the same thing happen on this map also, same spot to.