Somerset farms on console

BreadedVirus

Re: Somerset farms on console

Post by BreadedVirus »

JonAnderton wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:35 am Can’t find the entrance to field 33😆😆😆
Pretty sure if you contact the map author, he’ll throw that in the update. *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Port Southeast sell point is not a port and its in the north east of the map ?? Also the "pub" sell point isn`t a pub ??. Store icon is in the middle of a field and not at the store ??.
Little things but shouldn`t they be the ones that are spotted and corrected before release
redbull-man82

Post by redbull-man82 »

well if people gave modders and giants the time to check them it would be nice all you here is whens it out . look its in testing it will be out tomorrow .
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

niggle44 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:37 amLittle things but shouldn`t they be the ones that are spotted and corrected before release
In a word, yes.

This is why good mappers and groups have testing teams. Still, there will always be bugs in large projects such as maps no matter how good the modders are and how thorough the modders' testing team, but you'd like to think that one someone has gone over the basics, which doesn't really seem to be the case here.
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

JonAnderton wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:35 am Can’t find the entrance to field 33😆😆😆
No, there is no gate needs fixing along with the other things, could be a good map if it gets fixed, I like the layout and the detail
JonAnderton

Post by JonAnderton »

This is a great map, small niggles aside, all fixable. Good job well done, I hope the update wont require a new savegame.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I bought the little home type lawnmower and mowed the back yards. There’s no way to get anything that will pick up the mowed grass on console. The side yard of the building nearest the chickens is too narrow to drive anything. I wish there were a break in the wall, a wider side yard, or something. I admit I play casually and putter a lot. I just like that tiny mower!!!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Barrcott wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:44 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:13 pm So as to size, is this a UK styled "half-map"? I watched a streamer show it off, it seems to be decently smaller than say Charwell or Greenwich Valley. Slot count is real nice and low, which opens the door for a lot of customization and loads of different equipment.
You may well have found your new home here Ched, Somerset is right next-door to Hampshire !

I think this will be my new solo game home, after all I am a Somerset lad !
This is a real nice map. I'm now fully immersed in Osina. I've pretty much moved on from Marwell (which makes me sad, but I ran up against the slot count), so this might be my new UK Map. Steve did a real nice job between realism and keeping the slot counts low for console. It kind of portrays to me a "British Old Stream farm". I have OCD issues and suffer from indecisiveness when it comes to maps. I'd like to start a thread where I review maps, from an OCD point of view. lol

Anyways after my rambling, yes, I could make a home here.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:21 pm I bought the little home type lawnmower and mowed the back yards. There’s no way to get anything that will pick up the mowed grass on console. The side yard of the building nearest the chickens is too narrow to drive anything. I wish there were a break in the wall, a wider side yard, or something. I admit I play casually and putter a lot. I just like that tiny mower!!!
Are you using this https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019, by chance
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Hopefully it gets an update I can't play without seasons just ain't the same and this looks like a really nice map
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:35 pm
Barrcott wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:44 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:13 pm So as to size, is this a UK styled "half-map"? I watched a streamer show it off, it seems to be decently smaller than say Charwell or Greenwich Valley. Slot count is real nice and low, which opens the door for a lot of customization and loads of different equipment.
You may well have found your new home here Ched, Somerset is right next-door to Hampshire !

I think this will be my new solo game home, after all I am a Somerset lad !
. I have OCD issues and suffer from indecisiveness when it comes to maps.

Ha, me too , it can take up to 10 visits before I'm happy with my intended start & have a vision in my head before I start.

Currently doing a multiplayer with Iwan073 but we've had numerous false starts & I think we've moved farms a number of times & bought & sold fields & we're still not settled 🙄

Couldn't get started on Osina 🤔
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
JonAnderton

Post by JonAnderton »

No manure seems to be appearing at the cow farm. Not in the shed or the usual area, am I looking in the wrong place?

Cancel! Found it in the cowshed so it needs mucking out! Good stuff!
redbull-man82

Post by redbull-man82 »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:38 am Hopefully it gets an update I can't play without seasons just ain't the same and this looks like a really nice map
steve is working on an update for seasons an bug fixes
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

redbull-man82 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:42 pm
Bobbydj1980 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:38 am Hopefully it gets an update I can't play without seasons just ain't the same and this looks like a really nice map
steve is working on an update for seasons an bug fixes
Good deal I'm looking forward to playing the map from what I saw it looks excellent
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:41 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:21 pm I bought the little home type lawnmower and mowed the back yards. There’s no way to get anything that will pick up the mowed grass on console. The side yard of the building nearest the chickens is too narrow to drive anything. I wish there were a break in the wall, a wider side yard, or something. I admit I play casually and putter a lot. I just like that tiny mower!!!
Are you using this https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019, by chance
I am. It's great. The problem isn't the mower. The problem is I can't find a way to get it into the back yard. There's a smaller mower, but it doesn't pick up the grass itself and there's nothing I can find that is like a tiny loading wagon. We need a little yard vacuum, or something. I'm slightly daft. Maybe I'm the problem. :D