A look ahead to FS21/22 - What platform?

Illinois Farmer

Re: A look ahead to FS21/22 - What platform?

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Haha clever. Yeah, I don't think that would work for me. She would say too expensive ha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

This is a tough question. Majority of friends are on Xbox. But PC has more freedom, I like freedom.

Also the fact that whatever I get will be x2 because the girlfriend games too. New Xbox would probably be more cost effective. Though maybe giving her the boot and buying a PC would be double the freedom. 🤔
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Had 17 had John Deere, I would have been playing 17 still. So unless 21/22 is truly a groundbreaking thing, I don't see myself getting it right of way anyways. I'm not overly hard on 19 on the boards, but they have a lot of stuff to improve upon if they want me to get 21 on the release date. So in a sincerity at this point, I don't see myself updating platforms/or upgrade to PC unless 21 seems like something I can't live without. BB is proving that sometimes the tried and true older versions still have a lot of playability.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
snowflvke

Post by snowflvke »

Played FS17 and a year of FS19 on Xbox One and enjoyed it a lot. I built my first PC 3 months ago and I'll never play FS on console again. The amount of freedom and choices is unbelievable. It's like a totally different game on PC. I do kind of miss the simplicity of console and the excitement I had when a new mod dropped. That same excitement is not there with PC. All I have to do is Google search and I can probably find what I'm looking for.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

I mostly limit myself to the Modhub these days. Too much trouble finding other stuff on websites that don't re-upload mods for their own gain.
This does add the excitement back in. =P
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Dunno what style you are into Alagos but the person who runs this Facebook page hunts down news and mod releases in the American style and shares links to the original creators page or release link. https://m.facebook.com/American-style-m ... =bookmarks
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:17 pm Well I need a new computer for my wife and I, but haven't decided on the kind or how much i want to spend yet. Might not buy the new console just because I don't game that much anymore.
I’m no computer guru so I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted when buying my current pc I went to the big box stores and checked out a bunch of different computers and found stuff that looked good. But I happened to go into a local computer repair shop and they ended up building me a pc that was the same price as the fancy Best Buy one but better suited for my needs and a better pc for gaming(had a techy feiend verify this for me) due to there ability to get parts wholesale, think about giving it a try.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's a good idea.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
snowflvke

Post by snowflvke »

Alagos wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:14 pm I mostly limit myself to the Modhub these days. Too much trouble finding other stuff on websites that don't re-upload mods for their own gain.
This does add the excitement back in. =P
I know what you mean. I mostly download directly from modder's Facebook pages or use their direct links. I'd much rather get it from the source than use a third party website.
scubasteve

Post by scubasteve »

I can't imagine playing without the PC only script mods personally. The base game is fun but without the added depth of some of those mods I wouldn't see myself playing long term. Courseplay has become mandatory for me as a solo player. I enjoy scaling my farms up from 1-2 small fields to large scale massive farms and the default workers just don't cut it when you are trying to work multiple fields at once.

With the steam version you can get a steamlink+controller and play from your couch on a big screen just like a console. There's just nothing I've seen that the console versions offer that the PC version can't do and much more.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I'll be on PC. Bought directly through GIANTS as usual.

Alagos wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:14 pm I mostly limit myself to the Modhub these days. Too much trouble finding other stuff on websites that don't re-upload mods for their own gain.
Same. While I can understand some of the frustrations, if a modder can't be bothered to get a mod through GIANTS testing then I wonder which other corners are being cut or using others work without permission. Not that GIANTS tested mods are bug-free or any indication of quality, just that you know that certain issues need to have been addressed before they released it.

There are a few decent (and even essential) mods outside of the ModHub, but most were released early in FS19's life. I don't even bother checking now to be honest.

With websites such as FS-UK closing the sources of decent mods with honest and decent testing have disappeared for me. We're left with Yesmods (mainly American-style stuff) and the new site Simply Safe Mods.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:09 pm I'm thinking the new xbox will probably rival in not surpass a decent PC in price, that is able to run FS pretty efficiently.
I highly doubt this. My PC is basically worthless 2nd hand junk and it's far superior to an Xbox.
Even if it wasn't, it would be worth getting a pc just for the mods and no slots to deal with. Seems they had to really compromise the game to get it running on consoles.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:04 am
chedly_farms wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:09 pm I'm thinking the new xbox will probably rival in not surpass a decent PC in price, that is able to run FS pretty efficiently.
I highly doubt this. My PC is basically worthless 2nd hand junk and it's far superior to an Xbox.
Even if it wasn't, it would be worth getting a pc just for the mods and no slots to deal with. Seems they had to really compromise the game to get it running on consoles.
“I’m thinking the new Xbox will probably rival in not surpass a decent PC in >>>>PRICE<<<<. Relax let’s not start console wars I feel like you should re-read op’s entire comment. Amazing how the mere mention of the topic incenses people to the point it must hurt their feeling when someone insults an inanimate object.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I took it to mean the next Xbox will be cheaper than a decent pc. Well that's probably true but, for fs19 at least, a pc that can run game well beyond what the current consoles can do doesn't have to cost much more.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I'll get both consoles as usual. My PC will still be good. I will wait and watch lets play videos and read reviews of FS before considering what platform, or if I buy it at all.