seasons and horses - is it possible to return to vanilla game horse husbandry

ilovetrains

seasons and horses - is it possible to return to vanilla game horse husbandry

Post by ilovetrains »

playing county line with seasons and I strongly dislike how it handles horses. You are simply a stable owner and paid for housing the horses and keeping them fed. The stable area is huge and takes up a lot of room on the map for very little income.

I would prefer to return all horse husbandry to the vanilla game...is this possible? I have poked through the files in both the map and seasons files to look at this, but no real idea how.

In the alternative...it appears you CANNOT edit the number of horses in a stable (i have edited the xml files which appear to be the only place but this does not change the in game experience. Is there a place to edit the capacity of the existing horse stables?
Alagos

Re: seasons and horses - is it possible to return to vanilla game horse husbandry

Post by Alagos »

Seasons changes the way horses work. No idea how to get it back to 'normal'. Probably wont be easy either, Seasons is complicated enough as it is =P
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Phigo

Re: seasons and horses - is it possible to return to vanilla game horse husbandry

Post by Phigo »

Only way to go Back is to deactivate seasons.
PS4 und PC
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

You could learn lua scripting and deactive the part, that changes the horses. But other then that there is no option to change it.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

juf.de wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:37 pm You could learn lua scripting and deactive the part, that changes the horses. But other then that there is no option to change it.
I have been through the lua files on animals and not seen where the specific lines are that control these things. Do you know which lua files need to be edited?

Specifically - there does not appear to be any place in the season's lua that control the number of animals for a peaceable barn. However the game does not recognize the maxnumber set in the peaceable xml.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Solution for me, skip the horses. I do other animals now.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

The scripts should be in FS19_RM_Seasons.zip/src/animals, but i can't code, so can't you help any further
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
aklein

Post by aklein »

Seasons does not limit the number of animals to a pen that would be in the placeable. If the animal limit in the placeable is not being used then the placeable is not coded correctly.

The way horses work in the vanilla game is unbalanced for seasons play to be able to earn 50K over 10 days of game play on lets say 9 day seasons would imply that you could earn nearly 200K per game year in rolling over just 1 horse almost 4 times. Play 24 day seasons and roll that single horse 9 times for a profit of 450K while all along just one harvest cycle has happened.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

aklein wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:22 pm Seasons does not limit the number of animals to a pen that would be in the placeable. If the animal limit in the placeable is not being used then the placeable is not coded correctly.
This is what is confusing me. I changed the xml of the in game horse pasture and it shows the same 16 horse limit. It makes zero sense to me...
To be clear - I have attempted to use edited version of hte in game horse pasture. a downloaded peaceable horse pasture, and the version that comes withmy map. Each has the same limitation.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

So you only tried to increase it then? There migth be a hardcoded limitation for horses, as horses are a special case of animals, as you can interact with them. There migth have been issues with mroe then 16 horses per pasture.
Playing on PC
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

juf.de wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:28 pm So you only tried to increase it then? There migth be a hardcoded limitation for horses, as horses are a special case of animals, as you can interact with them. There migth have been issues with mroe then 16 horses per pasture.
This appears to be the case, which is odd as it is hte only mod I have found where such a limit exists.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

All animal pens are limited to 511 animals no matter what you set the number at. I have read there is a work around to that though.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins