Why Won't Courseplay Work for Me?

ThatCanadianGuy

Re: Why Won't Courseplay Work for Me?

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Just out of curiosity what map, field and implement are you having trouble with?
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Maybe make sure the width is set right in the generation screen. If it’s too wide then the implement will be off the edge of the field. I know mine sometimes will have the wrong working width set automatically. And I think if under headlands you have the turn set to radius it goes by what your turn radius is set to which would probably be super wide. I always run smooth or turn and just go by afterwards and touch the corners up.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:14 pm Just out of curiosity what map, field and implement are you having trouble with?
Hazzard County, and it doesn't really matter what implement or field I use. I can pick the easiest, most clear cut looking field with maybe two telephone poles around it's entire perimeter and it doesn't matter whether I'm using a plow, spreading lime or pulling a seeder, I always get some variation of the scenario that I described. Part of the problem I have now is that I currently have my fields all taken care of for the next few game days, so I can't do any more testing. FarmCat, I'll try that suggestion the first chance I get.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I'll check tonight but I think that is the map I can't run, framerate drops off to much, so I can't troubleshoot
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I can’t imagine what trying to run a harvest would look like with all those problems 😂😂
(Not laughing at you, just at the situation)
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

I know, right? That's going to be some serious solo action haha.
humbe

Post by humbe »

My impression is that it handles large plows badly.. If you try a 4m subsoiler do you have the same issues?

If you have obstacles close to field and you want to cover the entire field you are likely to run into issues. Have you tried just recording the route manually?

Or you could just handle the headlands manually, and then use a regular worker to do what's inside of it once there is plenty of headland space. Courseplay have no idea what parts of the field has already been completed, but a regular worker will see where work remains.. (Another possibility is to create courseplay route with headlands, but drive the headlands yourself, and then start courseplay route to do the bit in the middle starting at nearest endpoint, or editing route to remove the headland bit you do manually)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Are you using IC in any of your tractors? I don’t have CP, but I know that IC has a conflict with CP
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!