Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Illinois Farmer

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Illinois Farmer »

His temps, planting, and harvesting times are inaccurate. Midwest geo seems to work. The Minnesota geo seems to be ok also.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:47 pm His temps, planting, and harvesting times are inaccurate. Midwest geo seems to work. The Minnesota geo seems to be ok also.
If I am starting on Spring day 1 - is it OK to change the GEO on a savegame?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Possibly. Usually winter is the best, but since it is there very beginning it might work.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

ilovetrains wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:54 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:47 pm His temps, planting, and harvesting times are inaccurate. Midwest geo seems to work. The Minnesota geo seems to be ok also.
If I am starting on Spring day 1 - is it OK to change the GEO on a savegame?
Yes avoid anything from Adub. Not sure why after repeated complaints Giants keeps pushing his GEOs through. I switched GEOs on my Hazzard County map in day 4 of spring (9 day seasons) from Midwest to the Hazzard County GEO and have not run into any problems, yet...
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Diaryoperation
From the blog its written that cows (Holstein) produce 10,760kg (litres?) of milk per year. From the prices I can see that milk pays up to $700/1000L. So an easy calculation gives that one cow would generate $7000 in milk per year. Correct?

The reason I ask is because I find the amount quite high. And I need a prox calculation in order to see if I have enough funds to start this operation big enough to pay off the loan I need.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

well, cows tend to produce 40l per day IRL as well. so that is more than 10000 liters (40*350 = 14000). They don't give milk equally all year, so that's how it becomes 10000 liters.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I keep getting weeds in my planted grass fields. Are we suppose to spray after every harvest? Also along with the grass topic I'm confused about grass growth so far in Seasons 19. I waited tell early summer to harvest the field. It didn't grow at all in mid summer. Come late summer it sprung up to 33%. My question is this by design? I'm using the Midwest Geo if that matters. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get grass yields for the whole season and I'm kinda confused on best practice so far. Is anyone just cutting at 66% growth and getting four cuttings?
JD92

Post by JD92 »

hi guys .. What happens if I plant a crop with incorrect soil temperature?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

It might not germinate. I’m not super sure what the Season mechanics are
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
JD92

Post by JD92 »

Dairydeere wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:45 am It might not germinate. I’m not super sure what the Season mechanics are
The AI in my map plant corn in early spring with an incorrect soil temperature and now is growing without problems. :confusednew: maybe a GEO problem
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

It will wait until the soil temperature is high enough, then germinate. However, if the temperature becomes too low between planting and germination, the seeds may freeze and die, causing dead patches on the field (or in worst case the whole field failing).
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

I've been having some interesting developments in my recent game. Hopefully someone will be able to point me to the right direction in fixing the issue. I don't know if this should be a bug report or if the issue is something else entirely.

So, I've been playing on Kvisslingby 1.1.5.5 map. Check YesMods for links. The map seems to have a built-in custom GEO.

Anyway, my issue is I've been unable to grow my crops to harvest-ready state because for some reason growth is very very slow indeed. Note that I don't have any other mods affecting growth or weather, only Seasons and this map as it is.

FWIW I'm playing 9-day seasons.

In the spring, immediately once the ground temp got to 1 Celcius, I planted some Oat and Canola. Germination was OK and I made sure plowing, lime and all stages of fertilization were optimally done.

During the summer I noticed that the crops weren't growing. All summer long they were stuck at 17% (first growth stage). No drought damage, no freezing, nothing - the weather and temp looked fine all the time. In the first day of mid autumn the crops finally reached second growth stage (33%) - but soon after this ground was already freezing. So there was no way to get any harvesting done. Meanwhile, AI fields showed normal growth and all fields were harvested before winter.

The only thing I could think of is that there wasn't any rain during the summer. BUT, if that was the problem, then shouldn't I be seeing some drought damage on the fields instead of just slowed down growth? (And again, the AI fields were not affected).

So, peculiarly slow crop growth for no apparent reason. I am wondering what could be causing this. Can the GEO be bugged somehow? But wouldn't that affect the entire map and not just my own fields? Also, if the map's built-in GEO is indeed the problem, can I simply override it by installing a different GEO?

I'd really love to be able to play this map as it is a stunning piece of work and so far my favorite one...
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

TurboJ wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:16 am I've been having some interesting developments in my recent game. Hopefully someone will be able to point me to the right direction in fixing the issue. I don't know if this should be a bug report or if the issue is something else entirely.

So, I've been playing on Kvisslingby 1.1.5.5 map. Check YesMods for links. The map seems to have a built-in custom GEO.

Anyway, my issue is I've been unable to grow my crops to harvest-ready state because for some reason growth is very very slow indeed. Note that I don't have any other mods affecting growth or weather, only Seasons and this map as it is.

FWIW I'm playing 9-day seasons.

In the spring, immediately once the ground temp got to 1 Celcius, I planted some Oat and Canola. Germination was OK and I made sure plowing, lime and all stages of fertilization were optimally done.

During the summer I noticed that the crops weren't growing. All summer long they were stuck at 17% (first growth stage). No drought damage, no freezing, nothing - the weather and temp looked fine all the time. In the first day of mid autumn the crops finally reached second growth stage (33%) - but soon after this ground was already freezing. So there was no way to get any harvesting done. Meanwhile, AI fields showed normal growth and all fields were harvested before winter.

The only thing I could think of is that there wasn't any rain during the summer. BUT, if that was the problem, then shouldn't I be seeing some drought damage on the fields instead of just slowed down growth? (And again, the AI fields were not affected).

So, peculiarly slow crop growth for no apparent reason. I am wondering what could be causing this. Can the GEO be bugged somehow? But wouldn't that affect the entire map and not just my own fields? Also, if the map's built-in GEO is indeed the problem, can I simply override it by installing a different GEO?

I'd really love to be able to play this map as it is a stunning piece of work and so far my favorite one...
I've looked at the crops.xml file embedded in that map. It is bugged and is the reason for crops not growing past the first stage in summer.
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

Thank you so much!!

So, basically if I replace the crops.xml with a working one, that should solve the issue?

In doing so, is there any compatibility problem or other issue or can I just freely copy/paste that file on there?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

If there is a crop.xml file similar enough to what you have currently, you should be able to just cut and paste. Just don’t get rid of the old crop.xml file, keep it on hand
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!