Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Graphical annoyance
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

Re: SimpleQuestions!

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I haven't experienced the problem with the header trailers, but when I park my combine it is still hooked up to the trailer. Also farmcatjenkins, no I haven't tried it out, just looked at it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Was interested in maybe trying out Midwest Horizons with that GEO

SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

How do you know when your cows aren't producing milk? In the seasons manual or says maybe let them eat grass when their not producing milk
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 am How do you know when your cows aren't producing milk? In the seasons manual or says maybe let them eat grass when their not producing milk
They only produce milk for ten months (or periods in Seasons terms) after giving birth. Once you buy a cow after a few days in game it will be artificially inseminated and be pregnant for 9 months. Only after the calf is born will it produce any milk. Might be best to buy cows in spring if you’re going to let them graze. That way they can eat the grass from their pen while pregnant then feed them TMR during their time producing milk. But not all cows you buy at once will get pregnant at the same time, so you need to keep an eye on their “Next Animal In” status.

Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

Can anyone tell me from experience whether the following mod is seasons ready:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

It does not say seasons ready in the description but I know there are a few that are seasons ready but do not say.

I do not have any experience with how snow works in seasons (I'm in my first game of seasons and I am still in summer), but my sense is that since there is no roof that snow will still accumulate on the ground regardless of whether this mod is seasons ready. Am I correct in assuming that the only issue would be that snow would accumulate inside the coop itself?
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Old McGlenno wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:16 pm Can anyone tell me from experience whether the following mod is seasons ready:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

It does not say seasons ready in the description but I know there are a few that are seasons ready but do not say.

I do not have any experience with how snow works in seasons (I'm in my first game of seasons and I am still in summer), but my sense is that since there is no roof that snow will still accumulate on the ground regardless of whether this mod is seasons ready. Am I correct in assuming that the only issue would be that snow would accumulate inside the coop itself?
I think you're safe to assume most mods are seasons ready. I've found that to be the case anyway. And yeah, that would be the worst case would be snow in the coop.
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:06 pm
SimpleFarmer wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 am How do you know when your cows aren't producing milk? In the seasons manual or says maybe let them eat grass when their not producing milk
They only produce milk for ten months (or periods in Seasons terms) after giving birth. Once you buy a cow after a few days in game it will be artificially inseminated and be pregnant for 9 months. Only after the calf is born will it produce any milk. Might be best to buy cows in spring if you’re going to let them graze. That way they can eat the grass from their pen while pregnant then feed them TMR during their time producing milk. But not all cows you buy at once will get pregnant at the same time, so you need to keep an eye on their “Next Animal In” status.
Hmmm thanks for that - so when it says 'Next animal in..." they aren't producing. The only problem is that there are always some that are even though I bought them all at the same time, so there really isn't a good time to stop feeding them TMR.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:54 pm Hmmm thanks for that - so when it says 'Next animal in..." they aren't producing. The only problem is that there are always some that are even though I bought them all at the same time, so there really isn't a good time to stop feeding them TMR.
Unless you're keeping track of births on a spreadsheet or something. I gauge periods as months. So early spring would be March, mid spring April, late spring May, and so on. Makes it easier for me to keep track of when births happen and how long they are producing. Say I have one cow and it says "Next animal in .6 years" when I'm in "April" (Mid Spring), .6 years would be 6 periods (or months) so I know that cow will start producing milk in "October" (Mid Autumn). And I'm pretty sure new females won't get pregnant until they are 2 years old since that's how old they are when you buy them but I could be wrong. But yes once you amass so many it doesn't hurt to continually feed them TMR.

Another solution would be to have an enclosure and a pasture. Put the non producing cows in the pasture eating grass until they give birth then put them in the enclosure full of TMR for ten months. Would be a lot of back and forth but if you're pinching pennies with TMR might be worth it. I actually might do this now hahaha

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Quick question. Does anyone know of a good fence mod anywhere to make a pasture? The only barbed wire I see is a prefab kit for Giants Editor.

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:24 am Graphical annoyance
Unless you leave one near a bale stack like i did........ :lol:
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

My turn for a simple question. When it comes to tires on a tractor. Do farmers swap them throughout the year depending on needs?

For instance, during field work (planting, cultivating, plowing, etc) they bolt up wide or duals. Then once everything is planted, swap to some narrow tires to spray.

Just something I was curious about.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
Illinois Farmer

Here in the states our tires are row crops, so they will fit in between the rows without the need to put narrows on. We only take off 1 side of our duals on the 8130 because you can't have duals on to hook up the chopper to cut corn silage. The rest of the time we never mess with the tires unless one goes flat.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

Funny because I was thinking that with all the us tractors being released all being row crops. Thanks for the info.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
Illinois Farmer

I guess I should say, I'm sure there are people that has floaters on their tractors too. There are also track tractors.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Quick question for those that have more experience with animals on seasons.

I'm raising Holsteins and im keeping the females and putting the male calves in a separate pen. At what age or weight would you suggest selling the males?
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro