Charwell map problems

lastpatrol

Re: Charwell map problems

Post by lastpatrol »

20 hours into( this is Ireland )map, the day count( top right, seasons) stopped advancing the planting menu was correct but no weather forecast. The game froze when trying to sleep.. Loaded up base map and was stuck on spring 1, had to restart FS19 to fix.. Found a bunch of maps that do this, it happens when you save and quit then reload. Deleting mod map fixes problem. Charwell has this problem so I deleted all mods but charwell and seasons and it worked fine so who knows! on xbox no geos used. The map update great in all but cant buy the BGA and I got 200,000 of @#$%!
Last edited by lastpatrol on Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
NickD94

Post by NickD94 »

UKFARMER wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:23 pm Anyone else having problems with it?

I'm using seasons with Hampshire geo.

1) The bit in the top right hand corner is constantly saying "01/early Spring" even though i'm 4 days in (playing 6 day seasons)

2) In the description it says seasons ready including grazing. Does that mean the cow pasture should have its own grass for the cows as it doesn't on mine?

Thanks for any help
You also have to be careful some map makers have built in geospatial to their maps so all you have to do is download seasons with out other mod geos
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
GanjaMajic420

Post by GanjaMajic420 »

Anyone still have the frame rate drop in the house on charwell? I still get it everytime i log on... :hmm: Edit: I play on a XB1 S.
Operatorhu1k

Post by Operatorhu1k »

Love this map but wont change from early spring and ground temp wont change from 4degrees on xbox
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

What geo are you using?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Had a look at this map today and what a surprise another bloody map where the Map Author didn't bother setting proper field definitions for all the fields. The Lancy Boi did that on his other map too. What's the betting his latest map "Welcome To Stone Valley" has the same issue as well. Also annoyingly I bet that'd be three maps Giants have passed testing and released onto the modhub with these issues. When are they going to start testing maps correctly and failing the ones where the author hasn't set up the field definitions properly?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
wombles

Post by wombles »

Though in fairness Cwattyeso, Giants didn't make a great tool for painting field definitions on fields that ain't square. It's as boring as f**k doing them, I nearly went c0ckeyed doing Oakfield :frown: .
Farming_Steezus

Post by Farming_Steezus »

After finding out the BGA doesnt work I decided I like this map regardless of its faults so I went into map fixer mode. 10 Government subsidies and a million and a half quid later I purchased the top farm “for the community”, seeded grass on the biggest field and created a new BGA with a placeable sell point, refills for seed and fertilisers & a few sheds to store “community” equipment.

Now I’ve roleplayed in a contract between my cow farms (I own both cow lands and use one for milk and one for fattening) and the bga where we mow the grasslands for them and convert it in exchange for the digestate.

This map is at its full potential with a little creative imagination.

I did however hear DJGoham say Lancy’s working on an update for Charwell in a recent YouTube video.
Xbox one user
Oak7603

Post by Oak7603 »

UK virtual farmer wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:38 pm I have a question for anyone that might know I’ve download this map as it’s my style map but can’t stand all the rubbish everywhere :frown: so as I do pop on in to GE to edit it how I like but non of the yards or junk so up :hmm: I know how to use GE as I’ve edited many maps (for personal use only) but it’s got me stumped has anyone tried to edit the map and have the same problem :?:

I’ve not got the latest update of GE got the one before wouldn’t think that’s the reason though would it :hmm:
Did you ever get this sorted out? I've been trying the same and it just wont work :(
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Oak7603 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:56 pm
UK virtual farmer wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:38 pm I have a question for anyone that might know I’ve download this map as it’s my style map but can’t stand all the rubbish everywhere :frown: so as I do pop on in to GE to edit it how I like but non of the yards or junk so up :hmm: I know how to use GE as I’ve edited many maps (for personal use only) but it’s got me stumped has anyone tried to edit the map and have the same problem :?:

I’ve not got the latest update of GE got the one before wouldn’t think that’s the reason though would it :hmm:
Did you ever get this sorted out? I've been trying the same and it just wont work :(
The yards are saved as separate i3d files in the sellpoints folder, it's those files you need to update to remove items that aren't showing up in the main map i3d file.
Oak7603

Post by Oak7603 »

Ah I see. I'll give it a look. Many thanks.
wicklow agri

Post by wicklow agri »

anybody else having issues with crops going from germinated to withered in 24 hours with nothing in between?