news brief - Gameplay suggestion

yariv.drori

news brief - Gameplay suggestion

Post by yariv.drori »

I think it would be super cool if the game sent farmers a 'community news' notification in the game. The letter could be sent once a day (game day) and includes community news and events.
Imagine getting a copy of the 'RAVENPORT DAILY NEWS' that includes topics such as:
- Due to growth in livestock at Ravenport, expect high demand for silage and straw
- A new creamery in town is generating demand for milk
- CaseIH will hold a sales event at the shop tomorrow morning, come and experience the latest equipment before you buy!
- Farmer Fred died yesterday when a tree he was cutting fell down on his head
- A trailer carrying 8 cows got T-boned by the train at the crossing next to the animal dealer. Please obey be careful out there!

you get my drift. I think that would make the game more engaging, realistic and fun.
Lexie

Re: news brief - Gameplay suggestion

Post by Lexie »

No thanks, the real news is already irritating enough and I do not want pop-ups or messages.
Whats next, ingame advertisements because you have them in real life too? NO NO NO!!!!
yariv.drori

Post by yariv.drori »

Lexie - don't worry! I'm sure there's going to be an option to unsubscribe :)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Lol already unsubscribed 😆

That might be cool, but like where it stores all the in game messages like the No More Room for Wool Pallets At Sheep or Great Demand At Sawmill, and then they could build off that
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Elite dangerous does this pretty well they update the news weekly. You just pick the audio files and listen to the stories you want could be neat like farm sim radio network or something.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DJGoHam Gamin does weekday videos on everything happening that’s big in the community
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
yariv.drori

Post by yariv.drori »

Mwal wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:22 pm Elite dangerous does this pretty well they update the news weekly. You just pick the audio files and listen to the stories you want could be neat like farm sim radio network or something.
I love this idea! Right now I'm just listening to random podcasts, but having a game podcast would be great, especially if it's funny.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Fs club, djgoham, silvernews (least favorite) and I think klutch is starting it back up all do a fsnews.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I think the news brief is a good idea.
As you pointed out, it would be great for letting players know when a great demand was about to happen, and announce sales (if they ever come back).

On another topic, I'm really going to miss Fred.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Never watched SilverNews because it didn’t seem like he held true to what he was going to inform about

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Did someone played Pure Farming? In that game you're getting a message for everything, so ....... annoying