Cross Platform For Multiplayer

MarineVeteran

Cross Platform For Multiplayer

Post by MarineVeteran »

I'm pretty sure that this has been touched on before, but cross-platform play with other people

I stream the Farming Simulator games and everyone who watches asks if it is cross-plat. I have to keep telling them that it isn't but I play on both Xbox and PC. Many are wondering why the developers don't go cross-plat and think that it's due to the mods that the PC has compared to the consoles.

Most of the mods that we can use in the game are very similar to console and PC with PC having a few additional ones

Some have stated a "solution" which I would like to hear feedback from and it would be that if someone is playing it on PC and another would like to join them, before the PC player starts their game, the mods that the Xbox player does not have, they cannot use. Yes I know, it sounds backwards, but it's what's been mentioned more than once

OR if a player on PC has their own public server, the Xbox player has the ability to join them if they know the game name and password.
The game already supports controller play and a lot have been asking the question about cross-plat
redglasses

Re: Cross Platform For Multiplayer

Post by redglasses »

Pc hosting with non-console mods wouldn’t work. What about script mods that change vehicle handling and such? An easier solution would just be to not allow non-console mods if you are cross platforming.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

What about Google Stadia? Is that a console or a PC thing?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Stadia is cross-platform multiplayer compatible with PC (as long as only the mods are used that are available on Stadia).

When FS19 was developed and released, Microsoft and Sony did not allow cross-platform multiplayer at all. Also there are a few technical issues to be solved, such as cross-platform voice chat, PS/Xbox session management (this is currently handled by the game host, but that won't work since the game host will never be able to manage the session for PS and Xbox), cross platform user reporting, etc. Also, ideally we would need to make sure, that at least the selection of mods consoles are also available on PC. This is not the case at the moment, since some of the console mods are different to the PC version.