Stone Valley by Lancyboi

IceUul

Stone Valley by Lancyboi

Post by IceUul »

This map just appeared to modhub:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

I have been waiting this style map for a long time.
Straight roads, square fields, no forest - sounds unrealistic? Absolutely not!
This is real life area east of San Jose, Illlinois, USA. (use google maps, "San Jose, Illinois", then look east, around Greenhill Cemetary).
So why i have been waiting this style of map? Because this is the map what is based on real life location and you can do big farming
on this one. By big farming i mean, putting 4x JD 790 harvesters work same time on one field, using courseplay and they do they
job as they should in real life. Using several Elmer augers for emptying them and wilson pacesetters to transport crop directly to silo.
Also it would be nice for all the big US machinery that you could not use before.

This map also has Seasons support, this area is called Corn Belt.
The Corn Belt is a region of the Midwestern United States that, since the 1850s, has dominated corn production in the United States. More generally, the concept of the "Corn Belt" connotes the area of the Midwest dominated by farming and agriculture.
Since Illinois GEO was not in modhub, so i guess U.S. Midwest should work fine or any other corn belt state GEO.
This area is also good for growing cotton.

This map also has USA style buildings, Case IH dealer and some other nice features make this authentic US map.
This map is also 4x size, so no console support. Usually the big size causes performance problems, but on this
map i get stable 60fps, no stuttering.

Lancyboi did really good work with this map, everything looks awesome, just one big exception...
Map borders look really bad, if you are more close to edge of the map, maybe it is better idea to avoid this area.
Just some bad photo about unrealistic set of trees, what are even not there on the real life area. Also Lancyboi had
same problem with "Welcome To Charwell" map, basically avoid the border area, then it is good.
The first Lancyboi map "This Is Ireland" has way better borders. Also lot of modhub maps has these problematic border problem.

Also noticed one bug, in main farm, the farm silo extensions appear to store, but they are not sellable, sell
button just doesn't work.
SJ_Sathanas

Re: Stone Valley by Lancyboi

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

IIRC Lancyboi normally does UK and Irish maps so be interesting to see his/her take on the Midwest USA.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

He said that extension was in there by mistake and the BGA isn’t working at the moment on Facebook, but he already has a fix submitted to Giants. I’m excited to try this map!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

He is also working on a conversion for console.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I've been to the Case dealer on that map IRL. It's a pretty nice place
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:02 pm He is also working on a conversion for console.
Nope, he just said on his Facebook page he’s not modding anymore.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's sad. He did say he will honor his updates and said he was done before.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Yeah hes stopped it altogether, mind you theres still comments for update on Charwell, especially on facebook
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Is he not doing any modding whatsoever anymore? Or is it a break?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

In the Facebook post it says retire
vanilakush

Post by vanilakush »

What? Yesterday he said Stone Valley is coming to console, now today he decided to quit modding!? :hmm: . That's disappointing was really looking forward to this awesome looking american map on console. Hopefully something else new will come to console been playing the same maps for 3 years!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

The Millenial Farmer map is still coming so there is still something to look forward to
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

As soon as that comes out on ModHub, I am downloading it and starting a realistic save there. Can't decide if it will replace Medicine Creek or Geiselsberg, but probably Medicine Creek because it would be an American map swap, and I have too many American saves
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 am As soon as that comes out on ModHub, I am downloading it and starting a realistic save there. Can't decide if it will replace Medicine Creek or Geiselsberg, but probably Medicine Creek because it would be an American map swap, and I have too many American saves
He gave me permission to make a GEO for that map
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

I know it's a while down the road, but the How Farms Work map will be coming out by summer according to the modder Stoneway Design. That will be a fun American map with the contoured fields