Wild West Map

FarmCatJenkins

Re: Wild West Map

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I was meaning running Wild West on a server. I wasn’t sure if performance would increase since you’d be connecting to the map instead of running it off your computer. But I’d be down to start a MP up.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Ok. I honestly don’t care which map, I just think it would be cool. When I get the time, I will download that map and see how the computer runs it
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

So, I may have found the map I want to rent a multiplayer server with. Got on just to check my frame rate and I was super shocked. At the farm with all my starting equipment I was hitting about 28, and cruising through the countryside I was getting around 40 FPS. The only problem I had was when I drove into the heart of the forest in first person it dipped down to like 14 but if you’ve played on Xbox that’s what it feels like lol. Didn’t try any field work but wow that field 17 is MASSIVE

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The yesmods.com description said it was 2000 some acres! Thats more than twice what we farm IRL. So are you actually going to use that map? If so, I will download because it sounds like a lot of lagging fun :lol:

PS What graphics settings were you on?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Yeah he said it took him 18 minutes to run one pass with a cultivator. I would like to know how much a fertilizer contract pays on there lmao! Hardware profile on very high with 100% res scaling. I’m sure it will suffer working fields. But I was really surprised I was hitting 40. My GPU was probably screaming to stop 😂

Of course I only had Seasons and a GEO running so I’m sure it will suffer more with more mods throwing out errors.

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Have you decided on doing a server on it? I have it downloaded, but I just ran Medicine Creek so I don't want to burn out the computer :lol:

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Maybe in the coming days or week. Gotta figure out what mods I want to use and where to rent a server and how to figure out the time. Plus if I actually want to use that map.

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Maybe Stone Valley map also, watched a first look on it and I’m excited about that map

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Loaded Wild West today. First impression is it is not insanely huge (lol I didn't see the big field yet though). It is very expansive, but the main farm area was perfect for ground-breaking on a MP server. FPS was fine, I was even using lower power Wi-Fi then what I'm normally at and it worked fine. I love the multifruit on the map, so if I don't get going on a MP server this is definitely going to be a big equipment singleplayer adventure

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Might need to go look for that giant air seeder I saw the other day on yesmods... :lol:

Edit: I found the mod, but it is the JD air seeder that is under construction by none other than Custom Modding. I have a 1/64 scale model of the setup, and if Ertl did an accurate representation of the drill, the 9R is gonna look like a lawn tractor on a hayrake. I am excited. And they have a liquid cart in the works to pair with it. Anticipation is amidst :biggrin2:

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Sam1093

Post by Sam1093 »

Myself and 5 or 6 others have a server running for Wild West. If you are interesting in joining or want to find out some more information please PM me :biggrin2:
Last edited by Sam1093 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:32 am Might need to go look for that giant air seeder I saw the other day on yesmods... :lol:

Edit: I found the mod, but it is the JD air seeder that is under construction by none other than Custom Modding. I have a 1/64 scale model of the setup, and if Ertl did an accurate representation of the drill, the 9R is gonna look like a lawn tractor on a hayrake. I am excited. And they have a liquid cart in the works to pair with it. Anticipation is amidst :biggrin2:
I anticipate everything from CM

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Sam1093 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:46 pm Myself and 5 or 6 others have a server running for Wild West. Our discord is: https://discord.gg/cwhqc9 if you are interesting in joining or want to find out some more information :biggrin2:
I would love to join. However, I do not have a discord, so could you maybe PM me instead?

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Sam1093

Post by Sam1093 »

I would love to join. However, I do not have a discord, so could you maybe PM me instead?
[/quote]

Hey Dairy, I have sent you a PM. Look forward to hearing from you *thumbsup*