Cruise speed frustration

Jonhinkerton

Cruise speed frustration

Post by Jonhinkerton »

So, playing on PS4 I cannot get my grain cart tractor’s cruise speed to match the speed of my combine. Even making <1mph twitchy adjustments it is just always too fast or too slow. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to get them in sync?
bossmanslim

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by bossmanslim »

Switch to KPH. 6 mph is actually two speeds, so you have to fiddle with the cruise control when using MPH to get it to match.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

What he said!

KPH works fine
Ignorance is bliss
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I had no problem finding the right speed when I played on ps4
Armchairfarmer

Post by Armchairfarmer »

If the head on your combine is in need of repair than it will start to affect your work speed. Might watch out for that
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

6mph, or 9mph if you are using the sunflower header.
They do slow down if they need maintenance though.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

On PC, I do a lot of silaging. I think the big thing is maintenance because my Krone starts out fine at 6mph, but after a field or so, it does like 5.8. Good news is that the trailers don’t have a single unload point, use the whole trailer
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

bossmanslim wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:22 pm Switch to KPH. 6 mph is actually two speeds, so you have to fiddle with the cruise control when using MPH to get it to match.
I would do anything for farming simulator... but I won’t do that.

No, I’ll give it a try. Probably will make me feel like everything is going really fast.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

OP is not talking about maintenance caused issues. The surging was on 17 too, most likey as many said because we use mph and the game is European and uses kph. If you look non of the base game vehicles dash speedometer read mph, they all read out in kph.
I usually just sit there and flip back and forth between cruise speeds. Going to fast slow it down till combine catches up to front of tipper then back cruise down again until combine is at back of tipper. Rinse and repeat. I will have to try to kph method, heck I still have it set to hectares not acres (trophies dont count in acres).
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

It has to be a maintenance issue. With everything fully maintained the slower 6 mph speed is an exact match for any combine or forage harvester I've ever used.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Even using kph it seems impossible to match the harvesters max speed. I believe this is due to the fact that the harvester travels at increments. The digital in cab speedos read like this (xx.x kph). The harvester rarely works at a round number
Maybe if you set the harvesters cruise speed a unit lower it may be possible to match it
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The lower 6 speed works great for me.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I like how it is realistic (kind of) because a harvester will never go exactly 6mph IRL. However, this is a personal opinion because of my background with self propelled forager loading
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

We don't use a Draper head, but our speeds that we combine at are 2-3 mph for wheat/oats, 3-4 mph for corn and soybeans did get up to 6, but they have to standing and not in the morning or night because soybeans get tough during those times.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

What do drapers have over an auger based header?

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!