RE-Visiting Felsbrunn

chedly_farms

RE-Visiting Felsbrunn

Post by chedly_farms »

One of my goals ( "pet projects") I had in my head was to re-visit Felsbrunn and give it a go after a bunch of placement mods were released. I felt that once the modders had gotten a running start a year after release, we would start to see a bunch of cool cow pens/sheep pens/horse pens/barns/sale points/etc.,. So I guess for sake of conversation has anybody else had the itch to go back to the base maps and see what they could create? Has anybody done it to the point they would like to share their creations here?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
FarmCatJenkins

Re: RE-Visiting Felsbrunn

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I've been interested in doing this also. Felsbrunn was my preferred one of the vanilla maps. I think I put close to 100 hours in it, and wouldn't mind going back with Seasons. My only gripe is the lack of forestry
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

I like the base maps. I spent a lot of time in Ravenport. Matter of fact, probably have my largest operation there.

The only problem I have with Felsbrunn is that sometimes when I'm in a truck, it hits invisible walls in the road. Driving along one minute, next I'm Jack knifed, upside down in the grass. I think it something in the map or something to do with the low trucks. Like the man mods or even the new Griffin. But it only happens on Felsbrunn.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I just got FS19 3 weeks ago, and I have been doing a mod testing world on it. I will get a screenshot after I finish my mega yard of Placeable to be tested, but the map is a very nice map when you are in the fields. Idk, maybe it is just me, or Giants still added a European feel to the town
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Couple of weeks ago I started a "start from scratch" on Ravenport with seasons. Had a really fun time on it, but after about 30 hours of playing, I moved everything over to Charwell.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Yeah I revisited Ravenport after a year or so away and with the extra pc mods;
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=156191&hilit=Ravenport

I haven't touched it for a while though.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

I'm playing on a remake "Felsbrunn by MC". It has an extended farmyard and multifruits (my main motivation for revisiting).
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

I decided to go back to Felsbrunn last night. I was quickly reminded about the problems with the (starter) fields being too close together so the helper doesn't see a good divide between them if you're using a larger sower/fert trailer and jumps from one to another. It can really skew my graph! :biggrin2:

But... I did find that I had forgotten how nice the area was, so open and not as cramped feeling as a lot of maps are. Also, since it had been quite a while since I played the map, I found that I've streamlined my operation a lot since I set up this farm. I immediately sold a bunch of items and changed some equipment. It was like going home in a way. *thumbsup*