What's going on, on your farm?

Dagrump

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Dagrump »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:46 pm Had all intentions of carrying on with the work on Osina, but chose Marwell yesterday. In the middle of loading 90+ bales without an auto loader and then stacking them back in the home barn. About halfway done. I'm probably going to sell 30+ or so.
Holy smokes Ched! I was complaining when I picked up 50+ bales with an auto loader. :biggrin2:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Yesterday I tilled up a field that had previously been wheat. The wet spring and summer has made getting dry hay a struggle. I had a small patch of the first wheat field that sat for a week, too wet to finish combining. Once the weather dries up I'll try to harvest my second wheat field. Also purchased 12 Ayreshire heifers for the barn I had built. Hopefully that pans out decent.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I've spent the past few days doing field demos on forestry equipment, i'm considering downsizing from the large operation at lone oak to more of a homesteading operation at Holamkra.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Barrcott and I decided to lease a cotton harvester and split the costs.

He already had his fields with cotton ready to be harvested. I started planting them right now.
For the first time in my FS career that I’m doing cotton!

Here’s a picture of my wife planting it in our leased Fendt 1050
Ignorance is bliss
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

It’s my sixth winter on the welker map. I sold my harvest last night and bought a rubicon sprayer because it’s so much faster than the hardi trailer I have been using. Wiped my bank out though. Will probably need an operating loan for year 7. I tried to stay away from the biggest machines because I want to sim a family farm, but I can’t spray weeds on a quarter of the map at 7 mph again. It’s my luxury buy. That and a 12m combine header. Also dealing with a massive sinkhole but that’s another thread.
RoAn05t

Post by RoAn05t »

I have cut down 200 trees and have forward more than 2/3 of the timber then I have all pulp wood too
Ps4 player
Want to play ask me :biggrin2:
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Currently cutting a path to an abandoned farm at Holmakra. I was taking the long way around but I found a track that once cleared will be a lot easier to haul on
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Mid summer on Can Farm
Finishing up what should be the last spraying of the year.
Hauling some milk in.
Bought a new tanker and header, didn't make it far with either before breaking them in.
Started harvesting oats but a random summer storm rained me out for the day.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Well, your equipment is sure getting the rundown on how you farm :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Dodging the rain in Osina. Out of three in game days, I got to harvest <8 hours. But the sun has come out now, and we are in full harvesting swing getting those contracts done and paying off our loan.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:08 pm It’s my sixth winter on the welker map. I sold my harvest last night and bought a rubicon sprayer because it’s so much faster than the hardi trailer I have been using. Wiped my bank out though. Will probably need an operating loan for year 7. I tried to stay away from the biggest machines because I want to sim a family farm, but I can’t spray weeds on a quarter of the map at 7 mph again. It’s my luxury buy. That and a 12m combine header. Also dealing with a massive sinkhole but that’s another thread.
Did you call the Montana Dept of Natural Resources and see if an underground mine collapse caused the sinkhole? They might not be able to fix it but the Mine Company at fault might pay you a couple hundred grand in damages to settle insurance claims. Worth a shot.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:42 pm Did you call the Montana Dept of Natural Resources and see if an underground mine collapse caused the sinkhole?
Lol That is the best idea ever. A way to snatch money from the glitches on this game 😆
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Nook2013

Post by Nook2013 »

New to farming simulator 20 on Nintendo switch. Don’t see how to buy seed anywhere. My son would appreciate any advice and if it’s even possible. Thanks a million.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I'm just had my third harvest in my cotton experiment, and am sitting on a couple of bales waiting for the price of baled cotton to be worth getting up for.

The canola harvest is nearly in now, and I'm on track for a record haul if the prices keep going in the right direction just a little longer!

If the cotton prices come up soon, I'll be able to buy my Deutz Series 9 and get rid of the lease!
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Preparing the fields for next harvest.
Finally saved enough money to buy the Fendt 1050. Love that machine.

Ignorance is bliss