Vehicle Scale - How Accurate?

Stryder87

Vehicle Scale - How Accurate?

Post by Stryder87 »

So I was transporting some water in my semi and pulled up beside one of my medium tractors and noticed that the tractor was as big as the semi. I then moved it beside a large tractor and the truck was dwarfed by it!

A semi is not a small vehicle by any means, but it's so small compared to one of the large tractors in the game (I was comparing it to a Vario 1000). Even compared to a medium tractor (say a Case 7250 Pro) it's small(er).

I live in a city so I don't have much opportunity to see real world comparisons, but is that right??? Are these tractors really that big? If so... holy cow!! I'd hate to see one barreling down a dirt road towards me! :mrgreen:
gilroy222

Re: Vehicle Scale - How Accurate?

Post by gilroy222 »

Yes they are. On our farm we use a JD 9370R as one of the buggy tractors and when you're in the cab loading a transport, you are looking down at the driver sitting in the cab.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yep. They are big. Our JD 9520 with big duals takes up two lanes on a road
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Tractors are huge vehicles. I do not see that often large tractors, but tractors I see here (categorized as medium in-game) are already big. You're mentioning the Case 7200, this is actually a Magnum and a large tractor, but an older one with less HP then modern tractors. Magnums nowadays are having 250 to 380 HP (in-game up-to 435 HP but this is max HP with boost) and I doubt older tractors where more compact.
Last edited by Lexie on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The balers are massive too especially the big ones
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Our combine is 15-20ft wide with the duals and ladder
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yeah, combines are small Haha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

We had a Case ih 380 magnum on our farm this spring, and parked by our 220 its ginormous
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

All I can say is... Wow. I'm amazed! I never expected that. All I really know is the little tractor I would ride on on my uncle's farm when I was little. It was a little smaller than our car and so much fun.

I can only imagine the terror of the people in the car (in-game) when I come zooming up behind them on my Vario, pulling a 100,000 L full trailer of Canola! :lol:

... and then jackknifing and ending up in the ditch when I rear-end them and they keep puttering along like nothing happened.... :shock:
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I saw this guy at the elevator that cut infront of everyone with his pickup and wagon and a semi was going to the scale and he slammed on his brakes and jackknifed. It was some old guy and pretty much everyone went and got him unstuck. Fun times...
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Stryder87 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:48 pm I live in a city so I don't have much opportunity to see real world comparisons, but is that right??? Are these tractors really that big? If so... holy cow!! I'd hate to see one barreling down a dirt road towards me! :mrgreen:
This is me next to a Fendt 1050.
I’m 1m83 or 6’

I was surprised by the size of these New Holland balers. In-game they look like little trailers. But they’re huge!
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Stryder87 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:57 pm I can only imagine the terror of the people in the car (in-game) when I come zooming up behind them on my Vario, pulling a 100,000 L full trailer of Canola! :lol:
100.000 liters eh?

What did you do? Stack two on top of each other??
Ignorance is bliss
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

I like big tractors and I cannot lie.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

The GIANTS made stuff is all accurate as they use the CAD files to either assist in making the in-game stuff or even potentially base their 3D work off the CAD designs (most likely the former). For older equipment where CAD files or blueprints aren't available they will go out and physically measure things.

Some modders do this too. MattXJS's Modern Classics DLC for FS17 all features equipment (except the Lizard trailer) which he was able to go and visit around him measuring, recording audio and even creating 3D reference models.

Some other mods are nowhere near anything like accurate. BSM's MF27 combine from their MF Old Generation pack is one of the worst that springs to mind - but then not everyone has what they want to create readily around them. It's something I struggle with, creating true measurements from only photos and videos, so it's understandable others do too.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Holy ****, that baler is insane! It looks like you are photoshopped in! Why are they so small in-game?

Also the coolest thing about horses in FS19 is when you ride past your machinery it really showcases the size of them.