Vehicle Scale - How Accurate?

this_is_gav

Re: Vehicle Scale - How Accurate?

Post by this_is_gav »

Krd1749 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:18 pm Holy ****, that baler is insane! It looks like you are photoshopped in! Why are they so small in-game?
Comparing the in-game Fendt and the baler to iwan073 in his photos it looks about right.

To be fair, FS has always done a pretty poor job at representing the size and power of everything in game. It feels smallish and toy like and the rather weak audio of FS19 doesn't help. Probably as a lot of the time we play the game from miles above and behind the vehicles.

In real life square balers are huge hulking beasts. The tractors pulling them are usually wrenched back by the power needed to compress every portion of bales (square bales are made of a series of slabs if you like), so every few yards you see a tractor briefly slowing as if the brakes have been applied and revs dulled by the sudden extra work. FS doesn't replicate that at all, so when you see them in real life it's quite an eye opener.
irishfarmer94

Post by irishfarmer94 »

the ingame NH T6 is very undersized in comparison to other medium sized tractors
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Krd1749 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:18 pm Holy ****, that baler is insane! It looks like you are photoshopped in! Why are they so small in-game?
That's the thing. They aren't small in-game. You just don't realize the size of them.

Even the 3m cultivators. In-game they seem so small and unimpressive. But when you see them in real life, even they are big, solid metal and pretty impressive. Let alone the 12m cultivators! HUGE
Ignorance is bliss
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I think most of it is perception based on how we are actually viewing the equipment in game. it's not very often that a person sees this kind of equipment from a birds eye view, yet when we pay we "drive/operate" the equipment from an elevated view somewhere above and behind the machine.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Those way to wide roads and hugh gaps inbetween buildings do have an impact on our perspective aswell
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:02 am
Stryder87 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:57 pm I can only imagine the terror of the people in the car (in-game) when I come zooming up behind them on my Vario, pulling a 100,000 L full trailer of Canola! :lol:
100.000 liters eh?

What did you do? Stack two on top of each other??
Naw. :lol: I found a really nice CLAAS mod trailer with a folding roof with a 70k or 100k capacity. I use a Vario 1000 to do all my trailer pulling. It's high HP and fast (63 km/h) with the full engine upgrade. Makes those long trips across maps a little nicer. :mrgreen:
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

Thanks for the photos. Fantastic!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

This is a combine with a 30 ft head
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Yes I too think some of the vehicles are sometimes disproportionate to some trailers & implements

This was me hauling fodder beet a fair few years back on a ford 7810 (100hp) & have to admit it did feel quite small in comparison to the trailer i was hauling

Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

🤣
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Farmercaseih wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:08 am Image

This is a combine with a 30 ft head
Thing is, you still don’t get the feeling of how big it actually is, cause you have nothing to compare it with.

Can you park your car next to it? 😄
Ignorance is bliss
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

This isn't the same equipment but there is a pickup hooked to a wagon parked by a new combine. That's the closest I could find haha
And fun fact that was at the Central Illinois Ag dealership like the one in the Stone Valley map
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Your gravity wagons are only mildly disproportionate. I can pick up my gravity wagons with my hand!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

1/64 Unverferth 630. Nope, doesn’t take much horsepower to pull this one. I get about 0.00000... bushels out of it.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:27 am Image

Your gravity wagons are only mildly disproportionate. I can pick up my gravity wagons with my hand!
I bet mine holds more haha