Sell the 620 Quadtrac
10%
Keep it the way it is
7%

Total votes: 29

Bryan83

Equipment opinions sought

Post by Bryan83 »

So here's what I have going on. On my Welker Farms Map I feel like I'm a bit over staffed, as my moneymakers are;

Big Bud 747
Case 620 Quadtrac
Big Bud 450 (x2)
Case Puma series (1×200 and 1x185)

Now I want to keep the 2 Pumas for grass work and eventually animal tending, and the 450's each pull their own Hatzenbichler seed drill. This leaves the Quadtrac and the 747.

So the 747 is keeping with the Big Buds on Welkers, and is 1100hp and will pull anything. The con is that it's 19 slots and has only a rear draw bar. I know that's nothing I can't overcome with a trailed 3-point lifter.

The Quadtrac is in keeping with the partnership between Welker Farms and Case IH. It's 692hp is still capable of pulling all the implements, but is at the end of the day, a weaker tractor. But is strengths are exactly opposite to the 747's weaknesses. It consumes only 11 slots and has a 3-point lifter with PTO.

So would you sell one or the other, or do you think this is the right amount of gear? I know ultimately I'm the one who needs to be happy with my farm, but the way I keep going back and forth on this, I thought maybe some outside perspective may help me reach a decision.
Last edited by Bryan83 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Dairydeere

Re: Equipment opinions sought

Post by Dairydeere »

To be honest, if you already have 2 Big Buds, that is a lot of horsepower on the farm. I have no clue what you could possibly have on your farm that requires 1000 horsepower or so, so the Quadtrac is an obvious keep (although, knowing me, I would sell both and get a John Deere :lol: ). The Case's advantages, the hitch and the low slot count, mean that you have a more versatile tractor. The BB is just way too much horse for what it sounds like you do. Then again, what fields do you own? That is a big factor as well. And, if you sell the BB, you'll have some spending cash to support the farm (you would get that with the Case too). All in all, though, it really is your decision. Think of your farm's future, and plan for that.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

My personal opinion is to sell the BB 747, I never liked them. But I do really like the QuadTrac. Even dough I don't play on large maps with large field so I really don't need it, it is my favorite tractor.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Sell 747, uses more fuel and no need for 1000hp+ tractor on flat map. Case will do all the same work...

And also, if you want to play realistically, there are only 1 747 in the world and it is time to take it to museum :chinese:
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Missing a 4. option, sell them both 😁

You have plenty of power on the other bb's in my opinion
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

ditch them all and go with the new holland T9 series by KMN moddding
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

True. You could sell both and get a completely different brand to brighten things up. The brands can get a bit boring after a while
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m not sure how many here have operated a quad track in real life they are real nice sell the big bud.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Well I see a clear leader in the poll. I tend to agree with the results, I just couldn't make my mind up about it, but I think I might now.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Chad

Post by Chad »

What is your goal/endgame for the map? To farm just a few fields? To buy and operate every field? If it is the latter, I wouldn't sell either one. Those fields are pretty fair-sized; you can easily have all 4 of those going at the same time. How many slots have you used? For a difference of only 8 slots, I can't see that being much of an issue, unless you are pushing the threshold
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I have less than 200 slots left, and eventually I want to run most if not the whole map. And I still own no potato or beet equipment (outside of the planters which I already bought for corn). That and I have no forestry equipment but I was considering just leasing stuff as needed for these groups, that way I can keep a few slots as a kind of "flex" use. The other thing is at this point is I don't own any animal pens yet.

Seeing as I only own 2 fields at the moment, I'm leaning towards selling the 747, and later on if I need a 4th workhorse, I'll just buy a second Quadtrac.

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Does leasing fill any slots? Long term lease on a BB if you need it later is a possibility

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Yeah, leasing still uses full slot count. The only exception seems to be when you borrow equipment for a contract. If I sell the BB, that's 19 slots back in the bank, and a second Quadtrac would only take 1 slot, so that's a net gain of 18 slots.

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yeah, stick with the Quadtrac. Although, green always grows better than red :wink3:

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Well, green was the Pacific Northwest map.