super weeds and seasons

ilovetrains

super weeds and seasons

Post by ilovetrains »

Running into a weird problem. Have some weeds in fields (i do like how they are spotty, not everywhere) That cannot be removed. I have tried spraying them on successive days, and the ground texture shows the herbicide application, but the weeds are not removed. I tried running over them with a mechanical weeder, and it does not remove them.

Is this a bug?
Hoss1

Re: super weeds and seasons

Post by Hoss1 »

I noticed a few on WestbridgeHills didn’t die after spraying this morning. I figured I must’ve missed them. I’ll have to go back and take a closer look.
Playing on Xbox since FS15
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Is the field planted? If it is planted you can only spray to prevent new weeds emerging. Once the crop hits its first growth stage you should be able to spray those mature weeds
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Weeder won't work past the first growth stage anyway, so the sprayer should be working
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

Try with a mower.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

The only problem spraying herbicide on a crop irl would also kill the crop, and maybe the weed. From a realism stand point I don't like this.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Eische

Post by Eische »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:35 am The only problem spraying herbicide on a crop irl would also kill the crop, and maybe the weed. From a realism stand point I don't like this.
Not true. There are specific herbicides for specific weeds. The crop will not suffer. There are herbicides that do not work well will certain crops. You need to take care to use the correct one, depending on the crop.

Had a neighbor spraying his sugarbeets. Looks like he did not clean his sprayer very well before. All the sugarbeets died within 2 days. Wrong herbicide left in it.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

For me, the crops are past the first growth stage. They remained healthy through the harvest. Definitely not game breaking in my opinion. If anything, it adds some bit of realism. Not every pass with a sprayer knocks out every weed... especially if I’m running the sprayer! :lol:
Playing on Xbox since FS15
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Eische wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:29 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:35 am The only problem spraying herbicide on a crop irl would also kill the crop, and maybe the weed. From a realism stand point I don't like this.
Not true. There are specific herbicides for specific weeds. The crop will not suffer. There are herbicides that do not work well will certain crops. You need to take care to use the correct one, depending on the crop.

Had a neighbor spraying his sugarbeets. Looks like he did not clean his sprayer very well before. All the sugarbeets died within 2 days. Wrong herbicide left in it.
We use roundup, rush, class act, and interlock to spray on all the corn n beans because we have round up ready corn and beans. Then we will spray the beans again with the same stuff send add a product called select that kills round up corn. Some people burn down the beans with a product called cobra and looks like it kills them, but they usually rebound and grow better supposedly.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

To address comments above, this was a planted field. I attempted the sprayer on two different days. Both times the ground color changed, which in Season indicates a successful application, but the weeds did not die. The mechanical weeder could not get them either, though I just learned apparently it can only be used on the first stage of weeds, though I am not sure how to identify first stage.

As there is a crop in the field, I will simply wait and see if the plow or cultivator will get them. This looks like a bug as the ground area around the weeds does not change color like the rest of the field.

I feel this is one of those weird things where the variables of trying to simulate real life weeds is simply more than a game can handle. However this particular situation appears to be a some kind of bug unique to this field, this save game, what have you. All other fields are behaving normally.
Illinois Farmer

When you spread the weeds, they won't disappear. They will wilt and look dead/ burnt.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

I have noticed some weeds don’t die from herbicide if they are in withered or failed spots. It may be that the engine ignores those areas.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Not a farmer so I forgot about Round Up ready corn. GMO's working at their finest (I like to eat so I support gmo).
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Illinois Farmer

I think we are going to plant round up ready sweet corn and don't get me started on the bad rep gmo's have Haha. One tid bit, it is really just cross breeding like people do with dogs or any animal.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Exactly
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!