Am I the only one that feels raked over by Giants?!?!

FarmBoss

Re: Am I the only one that feels raked over by Giants?!?!

Post by FarmBoss »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:06 pm ....
GIANTS has already shown that they're going to do things a bit differently by postponing FS20whatever's release. That in itself is a good gesture in my eyes. It proves they don't want the same issues as we faced with the FS19 release.
I guess you haven't heard. They're not postponing because they don't want the same issues as we faced with FS19. They're postponing due to the upcoming console releases, Chris even confirmed that was the reason. So it proves they are more interested in sales, and less interested in their fans.

Expect them to return to the same schedule once the new consoles are released.
TheSpaceDad

Post by TheSpaceDad »

I fit into the 'millenial' generation and can safely say this doesn't represent me! I get that people don't like paying for things twice, but in all honesty it's not like anyone's forcing you to either. I pre ordered FS19 and have bought all the DLCs and got pre order bonuses for Platinum DLC on PC. I dont have a dedicated server but if I was going to run one then I would factor in the cost of having to re-buy the game and DLCs. Its just how things are. It would be good if the dedicated server didn't require a whole new copy (as with some games) but this is how Giants have decided to do this so it's a take or leave it situation.
PC Specs: i7 4790k 4.0 GHz CPU // 32GB RAM // GTX 1080Ti GPU // 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:44 pm
Deadeye wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:06 pm ....
GIANTS has already shown that they're going to do things a bit differently by postponing FS20whatever's release. That in itself is a good gesture in my eyes. It proves they don't want the same issues as we faced with the FS19 release.
I guess you haven't heard. They're not postponing because they don't want the same issues as we faced with FS19. They're postponing due to the upcoming console releases, Chris even confirmed that was the reason. So it proves they are more interested in sales, and less interested in their fans.

That is possible. Regardless, it still gives them more time to work on the game. The beauty in all of this is that you have the power to make a difference. As stated in my original post on this thread, Anyone who feels raked over by GIANTS is faced with a simple choice. Either wait and don't buy the game next go-around. Certainly don't pre-order it as so many do. Or there's the other option, just pre-order the premium edition of the game 3 months in advance and then complain when it's not what you expected. If that's the case, the individual is just being a hypocrite because they're supporting the same game that they're complaining about by buying it.

Use your heads guys. Sit on the sidelines for a few weeks with the next game if you're so disgruntled by this past version. See if things changed. If they did, continue to buy the product. If they DIDN'T get any better, just don't buy the game. Hurt their wallet. If you boycott the product, they're faced with an easy solution. Improve the game, Or don't and lose money. Simple.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

TheSpaceDad wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:52 pm I fit into the 'millenial' generation and can safely say this doesn't represent me! I get that people don't like paying for things twice, but in all honesty it's not like anyone's forcing you to either. I pre ordered FS19 and have bought all the DLCs and got pre order bonuses for Platinum DLC on PC. I dont have a dedicated server but if I was going to run one then I would factor in the cost of having to re-buy the game and DLCs. Its just how things are. It would be good if the dedicated server didn't require a whole new copy (as with some games) but this is how Giants have decided to do this so it's a take or leave it situation.
To go along with what you're saying, if console players want to multiplay on FS we have to get ps Plus on playstation and whatever it's called on xbox (not an xbox player). For ps4 that's.. well varies between 10 dollars for a month (120 a year) to 60 dollars for a year. And it has to be renewed after every period (every month, every 3 months, every year etc etc). Unless of course you don't play well with others :mrgreen:
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:55 am
TheSpaceDad wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:52 pm I fit into the 'millenial' generation and can safely say this doesn't represent me! I get that people don't like paying for things twice, but in all honesty it's not like anyone's forcing you to either. I pre ordered FS19 and have bought all the DLCs and got pre order bonuses for Platinum DLC on PC. I dont have a dedicated server but if I was going to run one then I would factor in the cost of having to re-buy the game and DLCs. Its just how things are. It would be good if the dedicated server didn't require a whole new copy (as with some games) but this is how Giants have decided to do this so it's a take or leave it situation.
To go along with what you're saying, if console players want to multiplay on FS we have to get ps Plus on playstation and whatever it's called on xbox (not an xbox player). For ps4 that's.. well varies between 10 dollars for a month (120 a year) to 60 dollars for a year. And it has to be renewed after every period (every month, every 3 months, every year etc etc). Unless of course you don't play well with others :mrgreen:
Or better yet be sure to preorder with the season pass this go around so they see people like the longer time between releases
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

It's an xbox live membership, about $60 a year or $9.99/mo on installments. Saves a bit of money to buy annually.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:44 pm I guess you haven't heard. They're not postponing because they don't want the same issues as we faced with FS19. They're postponing due to the upcoming console releases, Chris even confirmed that was the reason. So it proves they are more interested in sales, and less interested in their fans.

Read between the lines, there's never just one reason a company would do something like this.
If they'd wanted they could have worked around the next gen consoles or with the dev kits that should already be available if Sony and Microsoft want any games for their consoles at release ;)

And about your other comment, you accuse Klein of something you do yourself, expressing an opinion.
And don't for a second believe earlier generations didnt complain about things. It's just 'easier' now and everyone dares to share their opinions on the internet.
Sadly, 90% of the time it's just a form of 'this game is terrible'. With nothing to actually state why, or any constructive criticism that helps developers.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I always feel like this game has been worth everything I’ve put into it. I don’t play on a daily basis, so I don’t have much to say about it, but I think it is a great game. Tbh, I don’t have any DLCs or dedicated servers that I had to pay for, because I am content with what I’ve got.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:49 pm
CowsGoMoo wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:54 am
redglasses wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:22 pm
I'm confused at this comment, you're flexing own all the dlc's for 2 copies of the game, yet you are complaining about people buying two copies of the game? :hmm:
No actually I was saying what aKlein said. If you're just going to whine and complain about a game then don't keep putting money into.
I like the dlc's and the game and even if I play something else for a while I always come back to FS. I have a season pass so I will get all dlc 🙂, and if I had a decent pc I would have 19 on there and probably trying out moding.

I also have a list of 4 or 5 games I've paid money for and as a couple have said I didn't like them so I deleted them from my ps. I didn't go on their developer forum and complain about it for attention.
So, you're here to whine and complain about the people that whine and complain. It's funny how offended FS players can get.
Then why even bother playing FS? You either live with it or dont
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:38 am
It's an xbox live membership, about $60 a year or $9.99/mo on installments. Saves a bit of money to buy annually.
Sounds like same prices as ps plus. This was the first time I got season pass so I'm just experiencing it with 19. I bought a ps4 new in feb of 18 and didn't plan to get 17 on it but that took about a month. My pc was good for internet content and videos, not games.

Then the store started having deals on the dlc so I only ending up buying one dlc full price (big bud of course), so in the end I only ending up spending a few more bucks than just buying the season pass so late in the game.

Of course buying the dlc so late and on a different platform means I didn't get much use of them before 19. I didn't play much on estancia, big buds were at the back of the line, and ropa.. well I at least played around with it and tried out the equipment.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs