Semi-Start From Scratch: Lakeland Vale Rise to Wealth

Share your creations with us!
Dairydeere

Semi-Start From Scratch: Lakeland Vale Rise to Wealth

Post by Dairydeere »

I have begun my journey to mass scale farming with a FS personal challenge to myself. Start with one tractor 150 hp or less (with any front loaders, wheels, etc.), and $100,000 in the bank. My map of choice:Lakeland Vale. A difficult challenge indeed with such large parcels of land, but I am ready to undertake it.

My story begins with a JD 4440 and a small plot of land on Lakeland Vale. I bought a subsoiler from the dealership and turned my Placeable pad into a field, then I leased a planter from them and planted grass in the new field. While the grass grows, I will fertilize it to the maximum, and cut down some trees on my ground to make extra income. Contracts are doubtful because of the immensity of most of the fields, but I will do my best. I feel very small on this map :lol: . My current balance is somewhere in the low 30k mark, so I need this grass to pay off. The good news is that it will regrow multiple times to provide me with steady, renewable income. I also heard from a neighbor that potatoes are becoming a big seller after washing and sorting. He may be willing to lend me his washer and sorter if I plant a crop and harvest them. Sounds like a possible future!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!