Vehicle Scale - How Accurate?

Dairydeere

Re: Vehicle Scale - How Accurate?

Post by Dairydeere »

I bet mine takes less horsepower

Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Probably. Anyway, back on topic, that is how big a gravity wagon/combine is compared to a Ram 3500
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Doesn’t look too different. I had a Ram 3500 with a flatbed pulling a couple of Brents on Lone Oak, looks similar to what you took a picture of
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

Well, 5'9 me vs the dealers Ideal 9
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
Eische

Post by Eische »

Usually each country has certain regulations for maximum dimension of vehicles allowed to drive on the road. Especially the height is important to be able to pass below bridges (driving on own wheels or transported on a lowloader).
In Germany the maximum height is 4m. And all modern combines are exactly at this limit. Same is true for semitrailers. The cab roofs of the trucks towing those are significantly lower than the top edge of the semitrailer.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
humbe

Post by humbe »

We need more people in game to compare stuff too.. Why can't I even adjust camera angle when walking so I can take a screenshot with me in front of equipment? A person next to equipment in shop preview mode would be nice. And more pedestrians too..

I don't think roads are unnatural wide in the maps I've played at least.. Lots of equipment feels hellish to drive in traffic.. Especially as the incoming traffic is really inconsiderate, ignores the fact that you need some space to maneuver and is happy to sit around all day blocking you from getting anywhere.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, there's a mod for that ;)
The 3rd person mod let's you have an out of the body experience
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

EyesJoshuaMF wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:42 am Well, 5'9 me vs the dealers Ideal 9
Wow. That's ridiculous!
Look how huge that thing is
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

humbe wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:06 pm We need more people in game to compare stuff too.. Why can't I even adjust camera angle when walking so I can take a screenshot with me in front of equipment? A person next to equipment in shop preview mode would be nice. And more pedestrians too..

I don't think roads are unnatural wide in the maps I've played at least.. Lots of equipment feels hellish to drive in traffic.. Especially as the incoming traffic is really inconsiderate, ignores the fact that you need some space to maneuver and is happy to sit around all day blocking you from getting anywhere.
I believe a model (AlienJim?) said that those pedestrians take up a stupid amount of slots on console.

3rd person view of your own character would be nice though.
I play on a map with Barrcott. When he stood next to my Xerion, I saw the true dimensions of that beast. (the Xerion, not Barrcott)
Ignorance is bliss
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:35 pm (the Xerion, not Barrcott)
😂😂
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:15 pm The GIANTS made stuff is all accurate as they use the CAD files to either assist in making the in-game stuff or even potentially base their 3D work off the CAD designs (most likely the former). For older equipment where CAD files or blueprints aren't available they will go out and physically measure things.

Some modders do this too. MattXJS's Modern Classics DLC for FS17 all features equipment (except the Lizard trailer) which he was able to go and visit around him measuring, recording audio and even creating 3D reference models.

Some other mods are nowhere near anything like accurate. BSM's MF27 combine from their MF Old Generation pack is one of the worst that springs to mind - but then not everyone has what they want to create readily around them. It's something I struggle with, creating true measurements from only photos and videos, so it's understandable others do too.
with the glaring exception of the traffic and parked cars...
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:31 pm
EyesJoshuaMF wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:42 am Well, 5'9 me vs the dealers Ideal 9
Wow. That's ridiculous!
Look how huge that thing is
Agreed... I'm blown away... and that's my favourite harvester in game. I had no idea it was that much of a monster!!
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:15 pm ... he was able to go and visit around him measuring, recording audio...
Oh man I wish more mods (and even base vehicles) would do this, especially the horn! With the exception of one Semi mod I use, it seems every vehicle uses the same *&@# horn sound! Nothing dumber than driving a 10 tonne piece of machinery and blowing the horn and it sounds like a stupid Austin Mini!! *thumbsdown*
:mrgreen:
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

This air seeder cart isn't in game but it is comparable in size to the big Vaderstad that is.
I am actually a little surprised Deere doesn't have a big drill in the game (yet), when this came out in 2017 they were promoting it as the best unit on the market despite everyone else having something bigger and better...

Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Custom Modding is making a mod of that cart with an 1870 toolbar

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!