Things you see on real farms that aren't in the game yet

Dairydeere

Re: Things you see on real farms that aren't in the game yet

Post by Dairydeere »

Oh, lol. Yeah, I forgot you could do that
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

CRP contracts, grinder mixer for pigs, outdoor hog/cattle yards that require cleaning (the actual yard, not in front of the feeding trough), love the idea of grain drying, buying used instead of new, waiting in line to sell grain, flat tires, having missions that "require" your kids to ride with you for an in-game hour, tillage equipment plugging up, equipment getting stuck in the field, waiting 6 hours for a dealer to come out and fix your new tractor that has an electrical issue after 5 hours of use.

Just a few things that make me happy and a few that make me want to throw something at an undeserving, innocent bystander
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

As said above tires going flat,,also tire wear
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I can't imagine tractor damage or tires going flat will be in the game unfortunately because the manufacturer do not want to see their product damaged.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Lol, and John Deere and Case probably don’t want to see their tractors flown off cliffs either :lol: . The good news is that the only two places I see that occurring are some multiplayer servers and a few of my save games. Oh wait, did I say that out loud?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Haha that's funny dairydeere. Yeah, maybe a mod could come to pc for it. I just don't see giants implementing it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

It would probably create a more extensive file size per vehicle because, I’m guessing, each vehicle will need to have multiple tire “costumes” in order to demonstrate tire wear. It would be realistic though, because tire wear is a big part of equipment maintainence

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

Rusty old farm equipment. Often see old ploughs, cultivators, dead tractors etc. tucked away hiding in the undergrowth in a farmyard.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
Illinois Farmer

Yeah no kidding dairydeere. Tires are so expensive irl too.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:38 am That would be nice I have been waiting for global company to do one seems like something that somebody would wanna do eventually.
Your wish has come true

https://www.yesmods.com/fs19-mods/place ... dryer-jsm/

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Haha yeah I saw it on that American style news site On Saturday probably an hour after I said that haha
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Great topic! A few things come to mind for me:
-NH3 application as an option for fertilizer
-Better row crop planters, like Kinze, John Deere, Case-IH, White, etc.
-More variables that can effect yield, such as hail damage, heavy moisture, heat/drought
-A more in-depth approach to the financial management part of the game, like term loans for chattel debt and real estate separate from the line of credit we have now, crop insurance, taxes, etc.
-Better grain marketing. I'd like to be able to do forward contracting.
-Grain drying. There aren't very many years in the Midwest where corn doesn't have to be dried down prior to delivery.
-Grazing cattle on corn stocks in the winter to save on feed.
-Feeding grain corn, alfalfa hay, oats and distillers to livestock rather than just grass and silage. We should be able to make more than one version of TMR.
-More realistic grain storage. There should be a fixed amount of capacity, not 'x' amount of space for each commodity type - That's not realistic at all. We should need to have a marketing strategy instead of being able to put every crop in the same bin. We should also have bins and augers/conveyors that are functional. It's not as common for smaller farms to have a grain leg system like in the game - they're usually way too expensive. I would also like to see grain baggers implemented into the game.

I'm sure there are plenty of other things we can come up with, but this is what I had off of the top of my head.
Illinois Farmer

Pretty good ideas there.
humbe

Post by humbe »

How do you know there ain't tirewear? Maybe it's a part of the wrench.. Probably politically hard, but would be nice if there was a more complex maintenance model, so it's not just based on initial price of vehicle. I'm sure there are some more sturdy models than other, and I guess maintenance should be one of the issues of all the old gear people add in mod that costs close to nothing, but as the game in many cases only cares how many horsepowers are in it, that old stuff gear is suddenly the best gear in the game when you consider the price.. They could also add in some accidents that made you have to repair the vehicle where it was or transport it to maintenance shop, which could happen more often if you neglected to maintain the vehicle regularily.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:18 pm Pretty good ideas there.
You gotta get a pc :biggrin2: