How do I change the pickup width on balers?

Untiedshoes

How do I change the pickup width on balers?

Post by Untiedshoes »

Hey gang, I was wonder if anyone knows how I can change the pickup width of a baler. I want to use the Agco baler, but I want to widen the width of the pick up just a bit. It constantly leaves a bit of the swath on one side of the other. I went into the xml file and tried to widen it to match 5he other balers, but it didn’t seem to work after I did it. And I did remember to copy and replace the file when I changed it. On the second try. Thanks ahead of time.
Dairydeere

Re: How do I change the pickup width on balers?

Post by Dairydeere »

Did you edit the store data or the physical baler data in the xml file? I don't mess with those files purely because I'm fine with the equipment I can use, but I do have some common knowledge on those things.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Untiedshoes

Post by Untiedshoes »

It was the physical baler xml.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

It was probably still the store data, since that's in the xml. Working widths aren't edited via XML, afaik. They are based on transform's made in GE =)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Eische

Post by Eische »

Yep. You need to adjust the workarea nodes in the i3d file. You can do this with a text editor. GE is not necessary but more intuitive.

Open the i3d file with a text editor and search for workarea. You should find a block that looks like this:

Code: Select all

<TransformGroup name="workAreas" nodeId="130">
          <TransformGroup name="workAreaStart" translation="1.3 0 0.436185" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="131"/>
          <TransformGroup name="workAreaWidth" translation="-1.3 0 0.436185" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="132"/>
          <TransformGroup name="workAreaHeight" translation="1.3 0 0.0141083" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="133"/>
        </TransformGroup>
The translation values are the coordinates of the nodes. In this case, the first value (1.3) is defining the width of the workarea in relation to the centerline of the baler.
In order to increase the workarea, you need to change the first value in each of the three rows. So right now the baler (it is the NH Rollbelt 150) has working width of 2.6m (from 1.3 to -1.3). If you want to change it to 4m, the resulting block need to look like this:

<TransformGroup name="workAreaStart" translation="2 0 0.436185" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="131"/>
          <TransformGroup name="workAreaWidth" translation="-2 0 0.436185" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="132"/>
          <TransformGroup name="workAreaHeight" translation="2 0 0.0141083" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="133"/>
        </TransformGroup>
If you don't find workarea, just search for the name of the workarea nodes as shown in the xml file.

Once you have done your changes, simply save the i3d file and rezip the mod.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Eische wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:20 pm Yep. You need to adjust the workarea nodes in the i3d file. You can do this with a text editor. GE is not necessary but more intuitive.

Open the i3d file with a text editor and search for workarea. You should find a block that looks like this:

<TransformGroup name="workAreaStart" translation="1.3 0 0.436185" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="131"/>
          <TransformGroup name="workAreaWidth" translation="-1.3 0 0.436185" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="132"/>
          <TransformGroup name="workAreaHeight" translation="1.3 0 0.0141083" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="133"/>
        </TransformGroup>
The translation values are the coordinates of the nodes. In this case, the first value (1.3) is defining the width of the workarea in relation to the centerline of the baler.
In order to increase the workarea, you need to change the first value in each of the three rows. So right now the baler (it is the NH Rollbelt 150) has working width of 2.6m (from 1.3 to -1.3). If you want to change it to 4m, the resulting block need to look like this:

<TransformGroup name="workAreaStart" translation="2 0 0.436185" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="131"/>
          <TransformGroup name="workAreaWidth" translation="-2 0 0.436185" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="132"/>
          <TransformGroup name="workAreaHeight" translation="2 0 0.0141083" collision="false" clipDistance="300" nodeId="133"/>
        </TransformGroup>
If you don't find workarea, just search for the name of the workarea nodes as shown in the xml file.

Once you have done your changes, simply save the i3d file and rezip the mod.
Thank you that was very helpful.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Mwal wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:54 am
Thank you that was very helpful.
You are welcome.
Happy baling!
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Untiedshoes

Post by Untiedshoes »

Thanks a million