Ballydorn Farm

jasonbarron

Re: Ballydorn Farm

Post by jasonbarron »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:30 pm
jasonbarron wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:38 am Well, I'm pretty new to the game but it seems that contracts are a poor substitute for working your own field(s). I suspect that investing heavily in forestry equipment from the outset would be smarter than working AI fields, and I know that planting/preparing on slow or normal and then speeding time up through the growth phases is preferable, if speedy revenue is the goal.
It's not about Speedy Revenue and certainly in my case playing on a Server in Multiplayer, players don't have the option of speeding up time or growth, as only the admin can do that. So when you have worked your own fields, and are waiting to get to the next stage, then contracts offer players the ability to keep working and keep earning money. Also there are always going to be players that don't like particular tasks or jobs, so won't do them. So for example I have some players that don't do ploughing or cultivating, so whilst we have fields that need that doing, they will go off and do fertilising or harvesting contracts instead. Also very rarely do I or a server want to start a map by owning every field and every bit of land. We start out with the starting farm with it's starting one or two fields and build up. This means to keep everyone busy, there does need to be contract work undertaken, because you can't have 10 players all working one field. As for Forestry that may be an option for some people, but for me and my servers it's not because we don't ever do forestry. We not interested in that side of things because the game is Farming Simulator and not Lumberjack Simulator. So for me when looking at maps and considering which I'm going to play or which I'm going to use then a map having the absolute basic support for Contracts is crucial.
Sure, I can see your concern when you put it that way. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. It sounds like you would be best off developing your own map so you could tweak it to fit your own specific and custom needs.
Simdotexe

Post by Simdotexe »

So I'm going to hijack this thread for a second. Does anyone have issues with the cows on Hill Farm? They require a ridiculous amount of food and water? I'm running with Seasons and animal pen extension mod.
aklein

Post by aklein »

I didn't notice this in testing pre-release. If you can provide more information like how many days per season are you running, how many cows and what season are you in. How does this number of cows compare to the Ballydorn farm cow area or other maps you might have played at the same number of cows and same number of days per season.
Simdotexe

Post by Simdotexe »

aklein wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 pm I didn't notice this in testing pre-release. If you can provide more information like how many days per season are you running, how many cows and what season are you in. How does this number of cows compare to the Ballydorn farm cow area or other maps you might have played at the same number of cows and same number of days per season.
I had 11 cows, owned only hill farm. 6 days season and it was the first day of spring. They required well over a million litres of water. On the animal screen in the season menu it didn't show how many litres of food was needed for the year either. It seemed fine when I tested it without seasons, same number of cows and same mods, just disabled seasons.

I can provide more information later once I get home from work.
Simdotexe

Post by Simdotexe »

So now I'm home I've done some testing etc.
I tipped 21,000l of TMR into the trough and it didn't show, I disabled animal extension mod.
Checked for errors and this is what I'm getting....
all my mods are up to date as well
aklein

Post by aklein »

Sounds like you have a mod conflict somewhere. It will be about 10 hours before I can test this on a test save. Ill get 11 cows 6 day seasons and see what my results are.

Where did you download the map. The only place the map was uploaded was Nexus mods. If you got it from anywhere else its a counterfeit copy.
Simdotexe

Post by Simdotexe »

aklein wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:57 pm Sounds like you have a mod conflict somewhere. It will be about 10 hours before I can test this on a test save. Ill get 11 cows 6 day seasons and see what my results are.

Where did you download the map. The only place the map was uploaded was Nexus mods. If you got it from anywhere else its a counterfeit copy.
It appears to be a seasons issue, I did get the mod from Nexus mods, the link from your video.
I'll try it again with 0 mod's except seasons and see what the log throws up.
Appreciate the help.
aklein

Post by aklein »

I totally forgot about testing this. But yes try with no mods in the mod folder except seasons. I dont recall seeing such high food levels in testing.