medicine creek - bale wrapper?

Mr.Smoke

Re: medicine creek - bale wrapper?

Post by Mr.Smoke »

The fermenting silo capacity I have on the north farm shows in my market screen where silos normally show up. Can't remember if it shows how much I have though. Interesting that it is a floating number. I don't have cattle yet so I will watch the capacity number when I buy some soon.

I also had the issue with the silo board not reading it. Quirks I guess lol....
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I got a silo display to read it by placing one next to the grain bin setup so I could read grain lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Mr.Smoke wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:03 am The fermenting silo capacity I have on the north farm shows in my market screen where silos normally show up. Can't remember if it shows how much I have though. Interesting that it is a floating number. I don't have cattle yet so I will watch the capacity number when I buy some soon.

I also had the issue with the silo board not reading it. Quirks I guess lol....
I did not see silage in the esc menu under sale items...Maybe I missed it. I know that in Seasons there is no price info for straw/grass/hay etc.

I am still thinking thru best way to work with the different bales. On the one hand love the look of the new bale textures, but it is kind of ridiculous for the rol-belt 150 to make a bale larger than the machine. The visuals are just off, bale wrapper magically shrinks a 1.8 bale to 1.3, etc.

Love the map - just need to figure out a couple little things like this.
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

ilovetrains wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:32 pm I did not see silage in the esc menu under sale items...Maybe I missed it. I know that in Seasons there is no price info for straw/grass/hay etc.

I am still thinking thru best way to work with the different bales. On the one hand love the look of the new bale textures, but it is kind of ridiculous for the rol-belt 150 to make a bale larger than the machine. The visuals are just off, bale wrapper magically shrinks a 1.8 bale to 1.3, etc.

Love the map - just need to figure out a couple little things like this.
I believe you can still sell silage even though no sale price is listed. Check in the seasons menu where it shows crop prices for the year, I believe it lists a price there for silage and should be sellable, but I haven't tried. Silage for me will be for cattle feed only.

One fix would be to use the JD 568 baler as the bales don't clip through the machine like with the roll-belt baler. Doesn't resolve the wrapper issue and if wrapping is a must for you then I can't be of much help. Personally I didn't wan tto deal with wrapping bales so I opted to add alfalfa to the fermenting silos as I only need it for feed mixing. The unloading point of the silo is a little bit of a pain to deal with but nothing I can't live with. Who knows, maybe eventually I will slap down a modded bunker silo to fill with alfalfa.
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

I have a wrapper that functions with the 1.8m bales. I’ll try to remember to post the XML later when I get home. Also just an FYI the 1.8m bales works with GTX’s bale storage mods. It accepts the bales but they appear as a 1.3m bale in the stack. When you get them out they spawn back as a 1.8m bake with the correct volume.
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

High Cotton wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:40 pm I have a wrapper that functions with the 1.8m bales. I’ll try to remember to post the XML later when I get home. Also just an FYI the 1.8m bales works with GTX’s bale storage mods. It accepts the bales but they appear as a 1.3m bale in the stack. When you get them out they spawn back as a 1.8m bake with the correct volume.
I'd be interested in getting my hands on that bale wrapper, or did you just edit the base wrapper to work with the 1.8 size bales?

Thanks for the info about the sheds and barn made by GTX. I am going to grab those and edit them to accept alfalfa, alfalfa hay and the soy/corn stalk bales as well. Finally I will be able to clear a lot of space in my barn on the north farm. I have it pretty well full of various types of bales.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

I just tested these, they accept the new bale textures and regn the bales with the new textures, which is pretty cool!
When stacked the visual is the old bale texture, but better than nothing anyway.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:06 am I got a silo display to read it by placing one next to the grain bin setup so I could read grain lol
The silo display mod does not seem to register chaff or silage from the in game cement silo.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Oh, the cement silo won't read, only the blue harvestores
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
jd80

Post by jd80 »

Mr.Smoke wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:52 am
ilovetrains wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:09 am I do like the custom bale textures. I am guessing there is simply no way to have both bales sizes in game. It is either 1.3 Giants bales of the 1.8 custom bales. I like to bale grass clippings to make silage bales. Looking around and I have not found a bale wrapper that will wrap the 1.8 bales. That is probably my ideal scenario.

After some experimentation I found I can edit a bale wrapper (though not the combo baler/wrapper units) but what it does is convert the 1.8 bale to a 1.3 bale. SO I am guessing the real problem is there is no wrapped 1.8 bale texture available. It is a work around, but not a very good one.
That is interesting......

You are likely right about the wrapped bale texture not being there. An easy explanation for sure and solves the issue so long as you are making 4000L bales. I use the 568 baler at 8000L so I would lose half my volume which is not acceptable. That"s why I just changed the fermenting silo included with the map to accept alfalfa as a fill type for fermenting. Then I grabbed the NH pull type forager and chopper box to compliment the map nicely.

I also wanted to keep the changed bale textures and sizing so I figured out how to have them work on 1.8 sizing with autoload trailers instead of 1.3 sizing. That took me a while to figure out and still couldn't get the hay bale made from grass. It registers as a cotton bale with autoload for some strange reason.

I'm rambling now....... glad to hear you figured out a solution!

I have tried to add alfalfa as a fill type to the fermenting silo and it did not work. How did you get it to work. Thanks
KMullins

Post by KMullins »

Has anyone found an autoload trailer to work with these bales yet? Or can someone point me in the direction of editing the XML of a trailer to accept these bales?

Love the map, but my gameplay includes a lot of baling and making of silage. Needing an auto load trailer badly for these bales.

I wouldn't mind reverting back to the game bales except for the loss of the corn stalks and Soybean straw.

Any help appreciated. I'm getting ready to buy the 100 acre grass field. LOL
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

I generally found that most bales will work...but the size is wrong. for example, large alfalfa bales will work if you set the auto load trailer to small round bales, etc. Experiment with different setting and see if you can pick them up. I typically use the PJ 40 foot flat deck trailer.
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

jd80 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:23 pm I have tried to add alfalfa as a fill type to the fermenting silo and it did not work. How did you get it to work. Thanks
I would either need to look at the XML or I could link you to the files for the fermenting silos I edited. It wasn't overly difficult but did require some trial and error. Sorry for the delayed response, been away from FS19 for months and getting back into it now.

KMullins wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:46 am Has anyone found an autoload trailer to work with these bales yet? Or can someone point me in the direction of editing the XML of a trailer to accept these bales?
I edited the autoload Wilson stepdeck and was able to get the large bales working with it and loading correct visually. I could upload a link to it for you if you still need it. Been away from FS for a while hemce me not responding back when you posted. Sorry for the delayed response.