New to Farming

Illinois Farmer

Re: New to Farming

Post by Illinois Farmer »

jasonbarron wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:08 pm When you guys talk about "augers" and "drills" relevant to harvesters, do you mean their pipes which can be extended to fill a trailer alongside?
When I was talking about augers, I meant an auger to put grain up into a grain bin. Fun fact though a combined has multiple augers to move the grain to the gain tank of ther combine and another one to unload to corn onto a wagon or grain cart. A drill is like a seeder to plant the crops.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Knowledge!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

This fall we combine some corn to go through ther drying system and sell to the elevator. The corn went through 3 augers in the combine, 1 in the grain, 1 up to the wet bin, 1 out of the wet bin, 1 conveyor in the dryer, 1 auger out of the dryer, 1 auger up to the dry bin, 1 out of the dry bin, and 1 up the semi truck. About 11 augers total. That's ridiculous, and some the corn is still good quality ha. We also moved it to grind for the pigs that added another auger of the grain cart to an auger up the harvester, then 2 from the silo to the grinder. That's 4 more augers.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:33 pm
jasonbarron wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:08 pm When you guys talk about "augers" and "drills" relevant to harvesters, do you mean their pipes which can be extended to fill a trailer alongside?
When I was talking about augers, I meant an auger to put grain up into a grain bin. Fun fact though a combined has multiple augers to move the grain to the gain tank of ther combine and another one to unload to corn onto a wagon or grain cart. A drill is like a seeder to plant the crops.
So many cool things to learn and new toys to try out. I think I'll be discovering new things for hundreds of hours to come.
Illinois Farmer

I definitely am on switching over to pc.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:48 am I definitely am on switching over to pc.
Thank goodness for Epic Games giving it away for free, or neither of us would be on PC, and I wouldn't be on 19 for that matter
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

On the topic of the Global Market mod, you can sell anything, but once you sell, it doesnt immediately show on the market listings, so you can't just buy it back. I don't know if it is like a BGA and sells at 12 am, but i didn't get paid for the initial tip into the silo. And you can'y buy everything from it, and least not yet...
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:32 am
Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:48 am I definitely am on switching over to pc.
Thank goodness for Epic Games giving it away for free, or neither of us would be on PC, and I wouldn't be on 19 for that matter
That's very true.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

I just feel bad for anyone NOT enjoying this on PC. Map size restrictions and slot counts would have ended by fledgling farming career in it's infancy.