why does giants software create mods for its own game instead of adding it to the main game?

maxgaming14

why does giants software create mods for its own game instead of adding it to the main game?

Post by maxgaming14 »

i find it so dumb that giant software creates mods for its own game for you to download on the modhub when they should just add the damn content in the main game ! like its ur own game just add it in the game your not even getting money off the mod downloads its just annoying i dont get it
Illinois Farmer

Re: why does giants software create mods for its own game instead of adding it to the main game?

Post by Illinois Farmer »

What are you talking about? Are you talking about the upcoming dlc or about giants letting modders add mods to the game through the modhub?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CowsGoMoo

Re: why does giants software create mods for its own game instead of adding it to the main game?

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:03 am What are you talking about? Are you talking about the upcoming dlc or about giants letting modders add mods to the game through the modhub?
giants do make their own mods. Look through your mod list I'm sure you have a few (like the Big X580 example). Again, this is just another forum post crying to get attention, but wanted to let ya know I F.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

They do it at first to get something in the in game mod hub. After that I suppose it’s an easy way to add free content in game as opposed to a dlc. I’m not sure why this is controversial seeings how they support them with updates and they are free. Plus then you don’t need to take the extra space up on your console hard drive if you don’t want them so I’m unsure why this is upsetting at all to anyone.
maxgaming14

Post by maxgaming14 »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:22 am Mod = free content
true hahaha
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I always thought they just did it to test the functionality of the modhub.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:39 am giants do make their own mods. Look through your mod list I'm sure you have a few (like the Big X580 example). Again, this is just another forum post crying to get attention, but wanted to let ya know I F.
Yeah, I know they do, just didn't understand where the op was coming from. Why complain about something being free?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Because the mod space is restricted on console. The DLC place isn't.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
BorderFarmGames

Post by BorderFarmGames »

I can't see your problem dude. I play on PC so technically I have no restriction on how many mods I use and how. Also I have 16GB RAM, so it makes very little difference how much space the game takes up and how much memory it requires. That being said I'm pretty happy with the base game not being cluttered with equipment I wouldn't use anyway. Perhaps Giants wanted to streamline the base game so that you have greater freedom. I for one found it great that there are some equipment around that we know and love from previous iterations of the game, yet we can decide wether we want to use it or not.
Yeah... I'm the 1000000001st guy making gaming videos for Youtube... :rolleyesnew:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCssh1u ... _jIZnX68w/
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Those early ModHub mods were particularly important with FS19 as the only auto-loading round bale trailer was on there, as well as a few balers. Bale technology was sorely lacking in the base game and while the Anderson DLC (and the Platinum DLC) helped alleviate some of that, it didn't come out for a few months of course.

There was a gaping hole in harvesters too which the New Holland TC5.90 filled.

Bryan83 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:35 am I always thought they just did it to test the functionality of the modhub.
Nah. They were testing the FS19 ModHub long before FS19 was released. There were a few interesting nuggets on there coming and going, including a WIP FS19 tractor (the Lindner Lintrac, which was actually in the base game rather than a mod, but it was just for testing).

Regarding mod space, I get the impression that console players want to hoover up each and every mod, which I don't understand. Just download what you want to use. I'm on PC, so my mod folder could be listed in terrabytes if I so desired, yet I'm still under the 4GB console limit.

That said, there were a few things on the ModHub that ideally would have been in the base game - certainly the aforementioned Ursus round bale auto-loading trailer, a couple of the balers and the New Holland TC5 combine. Perhaps the Big Buds and Lely mowers too.

I guess GIANTS were just time limited and chose to add them later as mods and to help get the ModHub started. It's certainly better to have them as mods than not at all!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

That's actually something I wondered, too. If the Giants mod was the late additions or afterthoughts that didn't get into the base game.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

redglasses

Post by redglasses »

The only thing that upsets me about the giants mods is that they take up so much space, and on console the mod space is limited. Otherwise I think they are great, I mean who doesn’t like free content.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

redglasses wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:10 pm The only thing that upsets me about the giants mods is that they take up so much space, and on console the mod space is limited. Otherwise I think they are great, I mean who doesn’t like free content.
Are you speaking to actual memory on the disk or slot count?

Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm presuming the 4gb mod space limit.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Ya, the slot count on giants' stuff isn't that bad, at least not that I've noticed.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer