what do you consider cheating

Yn0z

what do you consider cheating

Post by Yn0z »

Hi everyone,

I regularly find myself determining whether using a mod as a cheat or not, for me things that make certain aspects of the game easier like autoload are fine, but stuff like the bga that can net you tons of money is concerning, and no the point is not to start a debate. Given that FS19 is what you make of it and actually a very unique simulator sandbox experience. Often I find myself saying if it exists in the real world then I can use it.

Just interested to see how my fellow farmers play the game!

Have an awesome day!
FarmBoss

Re: what do you consider cheating

Post by FarmBoss »

You're only cheating if you give yourself an advantage over somebody else.
Otherwise, you're just playing the game the way you want, and that is your choice.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Play the game however you want. If that means modding combines to harvest at twice the speed with a huge header then so be it (though I will judge you for it!). That's the beauty of the game.

Cheating could be anywhere between gifting yourself millions, to driving through hedgerows or across a drilled field, using a auto-load trailer (not the proper ones but the flatbed ones) or even the never-depleting triggers for seeds, fertilisers and fuel.

Typically I alter the amount of money I have only based on changing the starting equipment on a map, then changing it (usually reducing it) to a reasonable amount left for seed and fertiliser.

I don't cut through hedges, though it bugs me when the AI do, though I am guilty of driving across a field to top up with fertiliser or something rather than around it (usually with a slow tractor). Nor do I use unrealistic auto-load bale trailers, though I do use seed and fertiliser triggers.
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:54 pm Play the game however you want. If that means modding combines to harvest at twice the speed with a huge header then so be it (though I will judge you for it!). That's the beauty of the game.

Cheating could be anywhere between gifting yourself millions, to driving through hedgerows or across a drilled field, using a auto-load trailer (not the proper ones but the flatbed ones) or even the never-depleting triggers for seeds, fertilisers and fuel.

Typically I alter the amount of money I have only based on changing the starting equipment on a map, then changing it (usually reducing it) to a reasonable amount left for seed and fertiliser.

I don't cut through hedges, though it bugs me when the AI do, though I am guilty of driving across a field to top up with fertiliser or something rather than around it (usually with a slow tractor). Nor do I use unrealistic auto-load bale trailers, though I do use seed and fertiliser triggers.
LOL, I won't mod combines.....I dont want to be judged :P

I agree that is exactly what I love about the game, I have to admit, I used the flatbed trailer for a bit when I initially started and then got annoyed at the simplicity it offers and now I just use a normal autobale trailer because, honestly 300+ grass/hay bales are killer....

I prefer to start in farm manager or from scratch and build something, when I start a new farmer map, I usually sell all the equipment and find a new spot anyway as I want the freedom to structure my farm the way I want it.

:)
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

I don't do anything or use anything that doesn't exist or is possible in real life
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I don't use steroids or other HGH while I play the game.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I try to balance the economy my self a bit. If I think something should be trading at a higher price then I'll change to an easier economy or cheat in money. If I think it should be trading for less just take away money or switch it to hard economy.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:14 pm I don't use steroids or other HGH while I play the game.
:lol:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I like things like auto load, I guess I just use them differently. I still bring bales with a loader and just let auto load place them. Some day when the physics get better I will probably quit, but currently I can’t spend all my time re loading the bales because the second to last bale out of 50 blew the whole load right off the trailer. I guess I would consider cheating just giving yourself all the money you could ever need but if all you want to do is drive the equipment that’s just fine to.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Well, cheating is when you're married or in an otherwise "committed" relationship and you....

Wait, nevermind.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 »

Bryan83 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:01 pm Well, cheating is when you're married or in an otherwise "committed" relationship and you....

Wait, nevermind.
^^^ This!!
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Autoload and and using multifruit silos for grass, hay, silage, manure,...

That doesn't stop me from using them though, I hate that type of material handling which is why I don't do animals very often.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

Going off with you're neighbours wife.
Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:49 pm Autoload and and using multifruit silos for grass, hay, silage, manure,...

That doesn't stop me from using them though, I hate that type of material handling which is why I don't do animals very often.
I hate using multifruit silos, but a 200 bale limit on console is just absurd. Especially when you have a bunch of cows and sheep. I definitely use multifruit silos in seasons too which I also really hate. But sometimes 800k liters of silage, hay, and straw combined just isnt enough to last
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Rabbitbugs93 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:54 pm Going off with you're neighbours wife.
Ohh, I have to chat with my neighbor. Brb
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----