Farming in US - realistic Equipment?

Illinois Farmer

Re: Farming in US - realistic Equipment?

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I have heard when you buy a fendt around here it includes a 5 year plan on repairs and oil changes because the parts have to come from overseas. Jd still has a planter factory in moline and the tractor factory in Waterloo.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Case ih planters are made in Saskatchewan, Canada, their Magnum tractors are made in Racine, WI, the Steigers in Fargo, ND, and the combines are made in Grand Island, NE.
bluecoller81

Post by bluecoller81 »

Class builds combines in Omaha but I've yet to see more then a couple in the fields here in SW Iowa. John Deere dominates around here with a few case and fewer new Hollands . One guy on the river bottom has challenger tractors and runs horsch high speed tillage equipment.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

garyst wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:10 pm Over here in central Louisiana it is all John Deere and case IH for the most part but every once in a while you will see a new holland, versatile, or challenger, but not very often though. There are alot of Kubota equipment too but don't really see any used for farming much mostly small contractors who do landscaping work. There are alot of different short line brand implements used over here but really don't have any of those brands in fs19 except for great plains and kinze. Hardly any of the types of implements used on farms here are in fs19 either in the base game or mods. Pretty much impossible for me to farm like they do over here with what is available even if I had a pc I don't see much more equipment on the other mod sites that are used here either.
That sounds alot like here in Alabama John Deere is King but we do have a new Holland dealer and kobota up in foley Al not far from me
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Atomixx wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:59 pm Thank you guys for all the replies! Very appreciated!
Dairydeere wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:31 amIf you want, I could give you a couple basic mod links. Make sure to check out Custom Moddings mods if you are looking for American equipment.
I'm using a PS4pro for farming, so the amount of mods is not as big as for PC, I guess?

I also don't know anything about US farming equipment companies. Are there big ones or is this all imported stuff from europe? Seems quite strange. Sry for all the poor questions, but in real life I work sth. complete different. ;-)
Custom Modding does have a good selection of mods on console, and even some more are on the way. If you go to their Facebook page, look for the pinned post that has their downloads list. It opens a Google Doc that tells you every single mod they have for 19 and what platform it is available on. And on the topic of brands, it looks like many awesome members of this forum have come to throw in their two cents 👍
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Farmercaseih wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:45 pm Case ih planters are made in Saskatchewan, Canada, their Magnum tractors are made in Racine, WI, the Steigers in Fargo, ND, and the combines are made in Grand Island, NE.
Corn headers and Airseeders (for Case, New Holland and still some Flexi Coil) are all built in the same factory in Saskatchewan depending on the time of year.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Deereslayer wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:38 am In Wisconsin where I live there are some Claas forage harvesters, a few fendt tractors and about 2 Deutz tractors. It is mostly Deere, Case, and new Holland. The big reason around here Deere is king is you can get any part overnight if it's ordered by 5 PM the day before. Can't beat that. The foreign companies I've heard horror stories about waiting weeks for parts.
I've seen a few Fendts out in fields and have only seen Jaguar foragers about. I can think of one rather big farm that has a T9, but it's mostly Case out around here with some JD sprinkled in.
As far as it matters though, it doesn't. Fendt and Claas are certainly becoming more popular, I've seen at least one Amazon disc (4m, 3pt attached) and Deutz is coming out with new tractors with re entering the American market in mind again (they tried it way back when with Allis). Front 3pt hitches and pto's are also becoming more popular on 'domestic' brands. Oh and as mentioned Challanger tractors are pretty much just Fendt's.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs