What's going on, on your farm?

Max4hdmatt77

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Max4hdmatt77 »

Dairydeere wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:44 pm
Max4hdmatt77 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:52 pm
I actually sold that Challenger by mistake because it couldn’t pull that up the hill. Bought a Cat Challenger 835B to pull it, and it got stuck too. Turns out the ripper was so low it was bottoming out :lol: . If there is one thing I would change about UMRV, it would be level off some of the extreme terrain in the fields, it’s just a little too wacky in terms of elevation.
Makes sense. Uh dont sell the challenger lol. I love the challenger for some weird reason Idk why. Umrv does look like a really good map. Although I have a few maps im really interested in for when I do finally get a PC. Hazzard county and midwest horizon being two that really interest me
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

It was in the mid 50’s (that’s the American temp for all you foreigners, around 12 or so for for you guys, seriously you can’t even tell temperature right)....anyways no playing today, but I just want to brag that walking around the park with my 2 year old, I caught a Snorlax on Pokémon Go.

But I did spread some lime on Osina for about 15-20 minutes.

But to be honest, I just wanted to brag about Snorlax.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:01 am But I did spread some lime on Osina for about 15-20 minutes.
Well, that's what counts :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:13 pm I’ve played New Woodshire and it is a good American map with nice fairly square fields, and it has custom pastures added in
I’m playing this map right now. I really like it a lot. I just wish it was bigger. It only uses maybe 2/3 of the 2x2.

I’m on console so we are very limited to the # of US maps (should I say good US maps). Such a bummer.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

MacCLovin wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:34 am
Dairydeere wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:13 pm I’ve played New Woodshire and it is a good American map with nice fairly square fields, and it has custom pastures added in
I’m playing this map right now. I really like it a lot. I just wish it was bigger. It only uses maybe 2/3 of the 2x2.

I’m on console so we are very limited to the # of US maps (should I say good US maps). Such a bummer.
Really...
Pacific NorthWest, Lone Oak or Welker don't do it for you???
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:22 am
MacCLovin wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:34 am

Really...
Pacific NorthWest, Lone Oak or Welker don't do it for you???
Just a question and probably a newbie one but what makes a map US or European?
Tylercheesey1986

Architecture, field size and shape. Signage and language of sell points/locations
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
50-120 head.
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:06 am Architecture, field size and shape. Signage and language of sell points/locations
Thanks! :smileynew:

Also, in retrospect not a smart question but thanks for taking the time to explain it to me, I appreciate it :mrgreen:
Tylercheesey1986

Yn0z wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:26 am
Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:06 am Architecture, field size and shape. Signage and language of sell points/locations

Also, in retrospect not a smart question but thanks for taking the time to explain it to me, I appreciate it :mrgreen:
Any question is a smart question, that's the quickest way to learn.
Happy farmin'
P.S. BTW where you from?
50-120 head.
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:09 am
Yn0z wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:26 am

Any question is a smart question, that's the quickest way to learn.
Happy farmin'
P.S. BTW where you from?
South Africa, you?
Need-To-Know

Post by Need-To-Know »

Well sir - After over 1200+ hours on Oakfield I have sold the farm and bought on old industrial farm in Poland. PGR Bruzda. First of my tractors from England have arrived and I plowed the first field. Plan to have loads of animals and work every field like I did in Oakfield. This time with a little help from the Contractor Mod (love this mod).
Mind you this is still FS17. I'll move to 19 in the future when all of the mods are ready.
I run all of the working realism mods in a 24 day, real time Seasons mod. No skipped nights (with the right plans nights can be productive.)
Also I change the map a bit through the editor. Not the fields but pathways through hedges or locked gates.
Excited to get started on a new farm. Oakfield was epic.
:hi:
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I'm currently waiting on a couple mods before I start farmin again.

1) Custom Modding's update to the 9RT
2) Custom Modding's 4940 spreader/sprayer
3) Map that inspires me.

I'm kinda bored right now, so I might get motivated to work on my own map.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

What are you looking for? I’ve played on quite a few maps in the time that I have been playing 19.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:04 pm What are you looking for? I’ve played on quite a few maps in the time that I have been playing 19.
The best example I can give is probably the Holzer map minus built in animal pens, overly curvy roads and less random junk (fences mainly) all over the map. I also wouldn't mind it being 4x instead of 2x.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

It has been a while since I checked in on this tread but that doe not mean I have not been farming. Probably way too much but I am leaving the Lone Oak farm in good shape with over 1.3 million dollars in the bank account along with over 270,000 liters of soybean in the silo waiting for a better market price. The equipment has all been upgraded and a small dairy herd of 15 healthy cows is in place.

Below is the final field of soybeans harvested.

The next challenge is a nice farm in Spain named Old Countryside. Smaller fields with surrounding hedgerows so it is a new experience for a US farmer. Below is a shot of our Deutz-Allis preparing to plant a field of millet.

Last edited by Dagrump on Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan