What is your biggest wish?

bojanh66

Re: What is your biggest wish?

Post by bojanh66 »

New game engine, dynamic terrain / mud (Spintires), better soil management (C&C), integrated perfect AI worker (Courseplay), road network (Autodrive & C&C).
All maps with hedge adjustment to make new field entrance, or widen existing entrances.
also this, editing some basic things via game without need for GE.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

bossmanslim wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:24 pm Well thought out and refined version of courseplay by Giants that includes the ability to all functions in the game.
  • Field operations by merely selecting equipment, designating operation and selecting field.
  • Shuttle crops between load and unload points
  • Chase combines, forage harvesters, etc. and unload into a waiting truck or unload point
While predefined routes like in the mobile game (or splines like the traffic) would be relatively easy to implement, the issues start when you begin extending or merging fields.

That's why the other farming game apparently has only limited areas which can be worked, as the employees will have a fixed route to a field (which they didn't do especially well the last time I tried it).

For this to happen in FS then you'd either need fixed working areas (fields can't be changed) or a far more complex AI which could work this sort of stuff out for themselves (presumably possible, but hugely complex to program and likely quite performance sapping).

The other issue is AI opening gates and things. Not an issue in the base game, but would need support for mod maps.

Hired helper improvements are second on my personal wish list behind only more natural graphics. I'd settle for workers which could do headlands and leave headland widths when eg ploughing/cultivating/drilling and work around obstacles (rather than just stop and turn around, leaving the other side of a telegraph pole unworked for example). More realistic headland moving would be nice too, rather than reversing then driving forward in a big arc (fine for some, but not things like ploughing).
Bgbuck98

Post by Bgbuck98 »

I would love to see more stuff for Console users like a John Deere Dozer 350,450,550,or 650 with a 6 way blade and cable puller. Also a Caterpillar dozer and loader to actually move dirt or realalistic dirt so we can build ramps and bridges. Also maybe a autoloader to load logs on the trucks
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

A winning lottery ticket then I could buy some real tractors !.
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

Ford 8830, John Deere 4850, MBTrac, straw harvest (future's looking bright for that at lease)
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

A functional bowling ball cannon or potato gun. Now there's something to grow spuds for.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Farming_Steezus

Post by Farming_Steezus »

An entirely overhauled AI system. Think Tokyo Xtreme Racer AI - roaming AI characters with contracts based on where they’re going/mission start point at a yard then follow them to the field/catch them working on a field nearby and they radio in for help.

This would include traffic rules for the ai akin to ETS2 and also include a form of relationship system that allows you to go from working for/with people, to going into business with them, to entirely buying them out only IF you wanted to. You might prefer to boost the economy rather than be a land tycoon.
Xbox one user
MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

Farming_Steezus wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:22 pm An entirely overhauled AI system. Think Tokyo Xtreme Racer AI - roaming AI characters with contracts based on where they’re going/mission start point at a yard then follow them to the field/catch them working on a field nearby and they radio in for help.

This would include traffic rules for the ai akin to ETS2 and also include a form of relationship system that allows you to go from working for/with people, to going into business with them, to entirely buying them out only IF you wanted to. You might prefer to boost the economy rather than be a land tycoon.
Love this idea!
Chester98

Post by Chester98 »

Beef Cattle Operation
Bulls & Steers
Baby Farm Animals
More Wildlife - rabbits, squirrels, an occasional deer (Bucks & Does w/Fawns)