US Configurations

BigDiesel96

US Configurations

Post by BigDiesel96 »

Would there be a chance that giants could add the option in the shop were we can choose between EU and US model equipment?
iwan073

Re: US Configurations

Post by iwan073 »

Wonder why they don’t do this.

Would be awesome if GIANTS for once would communicate with their customers and tell us what their reason is.
I’m sure it ain’t top secret information
Ignorance is bliss
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Should we consult chedly's inside source? :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's most likely due to licencing.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Licensing?

If that were the case, modders wouldn’t be allowed to put their American versions on the Mod Hub I’d think.

Besides... license for what? The removal of a red and white square plate?
Ignorance is bliss
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Was it vf that had asked about that, and got an answer?
The reason for it being EU spec. was that Giants get their files from the European offices of the companies and thus the spec's/ datafiles for the equipment that they have, witch then ofcourse then is tailored for the European market
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

FS19:

U.S. PlayStation Community ~4000 members

German Community ~15,500 members
French Community ~5,400 members

Obviously this isn't a perfect sample and maybe on PC and Xbox the numbers are different, but if not, just 2 countries in Europe already outnumber U.S. players 5 to 1

So I think they are just trying to appeal to the larger demographic
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I've said before that I'm all for limited customisation of vehicles without going out of their way to customise for specific demographics. Obvious things like the option to remove the warning signs and adding a few extra wheel options where needed would please 99% of players.

Things like the big German warning on the back of the Claas Dominator was just silly and unnecessary though. At least for PC players it was an easy fix, just having to edit two textures. No such luck for console players.

For the record "EU" or "Euro" configurations don't exist. Things like the striped warning signs differ from country to country whether in the EU or not. Hence why I suggested "limited" customisation, as if you catered for every country's individual need there would be hundreds of configurations and a ton of extra work needed.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Proof is in the pudding, they saw unexpected sales on the on this version and grew beyond their expected sales projections. Now you have saw two dlcs out of Canada, and a third on the way (possibly could also be next game) also equipment of Canadian origin. I would say they are targeting our favorite friendly neighbors to the north more than the US itself.
Just adding this last part so everyone doesn’t freak out this isn’t a complaint I don’t think they hate America just an observation and opinion that they see a potential market in Canada more than anywhere.
Last edited by Mwal on Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Mwal wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:08 pm Proof is in the pudding, they saw unexpected sales on the on this version and grew beyond their expected sales projections. Now you have saw two dlcs out of Canada, and a third on the way (possibly could also be next game) also equipment of Canadian origin. I would say they are targeting our favorite friendly neighbors to the north more than the US itself.
They hate Americans. Do you even remember the trashy Ravenport map.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:12 pm
Mwal wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:08 pm Proof is in the pudding, they saw unexpected sales on the on this version and grew beyond their expected sales projections. Now you have saw two dlcs out of Canada, and a third on the way (possibly could also be next game) also equipment of Canadian origin. I would say they are targeting our favorite friendly neighbors to the north more than the US itself.
Oh or have you saw the lights on the 9rx total disrespect!
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I could care less about the safety signs on the machinery, sure it would be cool to have more options for them but it's not a deal breaker for me.

the thing that gets to me more is the fact that I can change my units of measure so I see miles per hour in my HUD but when you drive in cab the tractors or vehicles still show KPH on the dash
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

I don't get why people get so worked up over what kind of hazard markers are on a video game tractor
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:12 pm
There are too many maps made that also use those same trashy objects as details. You all complained giants needed to add details and life to their maps. Now you complain about having trash bind and birds.

But honestly giants the idea to fill a map with a hundred identical garbage bags, over filled dumpsters, and rubble piles wasn't a very good one.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

MrSquealypig wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:37 am FS19:

U.S. PlayStation Community ~4000 members

German Community ~15,500 members
French Community ~5,400 members

Obviously this isn't a perfect sample and maybe on PC and Xbox the numbers are different, but if not, just 2 countries in Europe already outnumber U.S. players 5 to 1

So I think they are just trying to appeal to the larger demographic
My only question is, what about overall sales numbers in these countries? I saw that world wide there sold 1M copies in 10 days, but I couldn't find a breakdown of sales by country or region.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)